Texas Women’s Basketball 2023-2024: Handing out ass whoopins and lollipops, and we’re all out of lollipops

Pancho

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, Js1 said:

20-5 offensive. Wow 

Texas choked away multiple double digit leads and couldn’t grab a rebound 

Terrible coaching Vic 

shid idk if that’s really Vic!! That’s just fucking “want to”

• Hook 'Em 1

3 minutes ago, Js1 said:

Blowing multiple double digit leads is coaching 

Watching the game is only so much a coach can do! The team just looked lack luster. Rebounding tells the story But hey maybe it was coaching 

They made jumpers. Except for Booker, we didn't make anything. Did Gonzales even score in the second half? And why can no one grab the ball when it matters? Just a really bad effort on many fronts. Still, but for a couple really tough calls, we'd have won anyway. As infuriating a loss as we've had. 

1 hour ago, Gut Wagon said:

No replays of anything that mattered. OU broadcast was so bad. 

I thought Madi got fouled on that last shot, but watching the replay she just made a bad sideways attempt.

We are a man down, but we leave a lot of folks on the bench, so only about 7 productive players. Madi played 40 minutes and so did Shaylee, Shay with 37.

Their whole team was fresher, Tot with 35 minutes and Verhulst with 34  the other 8 with 30 or much less.

I thought Madi was very tired at the end.

• Like 2

Good ol Roy Gulbeyan made that call across the court. I also thought it was incorrect. The rule is you can fumble-dribble-fumble but you can’t dribble-fumble-dribble. She was in the process of her first fumble, which is why Lisa Jones didn’t blow anything. I think Roy got caught up in the hype and/or thought Lisa couldn’t see it, but in reality Lisa saw the whole play. 

I guarantee Vic was on the phone with Patty Broderick (Coordinator of Officials for the Big 12) after that, and I guarantee those 3 had a late night in Norman last night as they had to clip and send in many, many plays. 

The problem? Nothing will happen to Roy lol. He might not get a game or 2 in the Big 12 or Big 10 conference tournament that he would normally get, but nothing will happen. He also refs in the W.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

38 minutes ago, Pancho said:

Good ol Roy Gulbeyan made that call across the court. I also thought it was incorrect. The rule is you can fumble-dribble-fumble but you can’t dribble-fumble-dribble. She was in the process of her first fumble, which is why Lisa Jones didn’t blow anything. I think Roy got caught up in the hype and/or thought Lisa couldn’t see it, but in reality Lisa saw the whole play. 

I guarantee Vic was on the phone with Patty Broderick (Coordinator of Officials for the Big 12) after that, and I guarantee those 3 had a late night in Norman last night as they had to clip and send in many, many plays. 

The problem? Nothing will happen to Roy lol. He might not get a game or 2 in the Big 12 or Big 10 conference tournament that he would normally get, but nothing will happen. He also refs in the W.

Is that a call that Lisa could have gotten with Roy and overturned?

• Like 2

1 minute ago, txhorns said:

Is that a call that Lisa could have gotten with Roy and overturned?

Yes.

But, it would have gone down as an “inadvertent whistle.”  If Madi was fumbling the ball and the whistle was blown for a travel but Lisa said no it wasn’t because of X reason, then the play goes as an inadvertent whistle. Then they would have had to get together to decide if Madi had team control at any point before the fumble (which, in my opinion, she never had control). If she never had control before the fumble and they went with an inadvertent whistle, then you have to go to the possession arrow which at that point favored ou. 

They would have gotten the ball back regardless.

• Rage+1 3

58 minutes ago, Js1 said:

I won’t solely blame the officials for one bad call. We should have secured a fucking rebound. Or not blown two double digit leads in the 2nd and 3rd quarters 

Definitely not. I wasn’t even upset after the loss because of how we got out-hustled on the boards down the stretch. 

THAT is what lost us the game. Vic will fix it tho

5 minutes ago, Pancho said:

Definitely not. I wasn’t even upset after the loss because of how we got out-hustled on the boards down the stretch. 

THAT is what lost us the game. Vic will fix it tho

It sucks to lose the trophy this way, but the fact that they did all of this without Rori is remarkable.  Vic should at least be in the conversation of Coach of the Year

3 minutes ago, JesusSweatDuck said:

It sucks to lose the trophy this way, but the fact that they did all of this without Rori is remarkable.  Vic should at least be in the conversation of Coach of the Year

Agree. Jennie may get it but it should be Vic. 

I’m a glutton for punishment so I rewatched the 3rd and 4th quarters from the game last night. Madison, Shaylee and Shay were pretty gassed. Madison and Shaylee both played 40 minutes. In hindsight, Vic should’ve given them a few minutes rest. Oh well—shoulda, woulda, coulda.

Last season the team began looking fatigued around this point in the season. We had a lot of injuries then and were short players. Not so much this year. I hope Vic can give Maul and maybe Cordio a chance so they can relieve the Shay’s and Madi a little against BYU and the Big XII tournament. We need legs for March Madness.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, 86txex said:

I’m a glutton for punishment so I rewatched the 3rd and 4th quarters from the game last night. Madison, Shaylee and Shay were pretty gassed. Madison and Shaylee both played 40 minutes. In hindsight, Vic should’ve given them a few minutes rest. Oh well—shoulda, woulda, coulda.

Last season the team began looking fatigued around this point in the season. We had a lot of injuries then and were short players. Not so much this year. I hope Vic can give Maul and maybe Cordio a chance so they can relieve the Shay’s and Madi a little against BYU and the Big XII tournament. We need legs for March Madness.

Shaylee may not want to rest against BYU, it is her old squad.

But yes, our lack of depth with a deep bench is puzzling.  Herron doesn't play, Abbie is redshirting, Rori is out.  So there's 3 that are immediately not going to play.  Faye is basically missing, so there's 4 right now. And for whatever reason, Codio and Maul cannot get minutes.

Vic built this team but doesn't trust his bench much. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Js1 said:

Vic built this team but doesn't trust his bench much.

Concerning the refereeing, we had 2 girls with 4 fouls at the end and 2 girls fouled out. We haven't been in foul trouble all damn year. Even though it went both ways, it was too important a game to call that tight.

With OU deeper it hurt us much worse.

Vic went 7 deep yesterday, and Madi had 3 fouls at the end. If that game goes to overtime you could easily see us with 4 girls gone and maybe 5 out of 7.

Wake up Herron, yer going in girl.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, TommysTinyTowels said:

If I was Maul, Codio, and Herron I would seriously be exploring the portal. Hadi probably is due to her recent adventures, but she would have to sit a year.

Hadi is being honored on Saturday so she’s not coming back. I would not be surprised to see Codio head out. I hope Maul stays, she has a lot to potential and Texas put a lot of work in on her rehab 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

Herron is still getting into playing shape after her open heart surgery. It takes a while to build back stamina after those—my daughter had one so I’ve seen it close up. 

As for Codio, she seems to enjoy the other players and is very supportive on the bench. I’d hate to see her leave, but with Bryana and Jordan coming in, her minutes are going to be hard earned.

• Hook 'Em 1

5 hours ago, HenryJames said:

That's an absolute screw job.

it also looks like the OU player fouls Madi reaching in to cause the first fumble.  just a horrible call to make from 40 feet away with 5 players in the way blocking your view.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Rage+1 1

Texas is #6 overall in today’s reveal

SC, Ohio State, Stanford, UCLA are 1 seeds

VT, Texas, Iowa, USC 2s

LSU, UConn, NCST, ORST 3s

Colorado, Indiana, Gonzaga, OU 4s

Last night had big implications 

• Like 1