Dallas Stars 2023-2024 Season Thread

Longhorn_Fan68

8 hours ago, Pato del Muerto said:

Love to claim I seen it coming but I bailed on tv at 5-3 and stopped checking the score at 6-3. 

2 hours ago, cactusflinthead said:

Nice surprise this morning. I bailed at 5-3 too.

giphy.gif

• Like 1

I was *this* close to bailing at 6-3 but general laziness and not finding much else on other channels won out. Then Stankoven scored. Hmm, interesting. Then Wyatt got one and it's game on. What a finish. (I reminded myself after that we've now struggled to beat one of the worst teams in the NHL in back-to-back games and Oettinger simply looks off. Oh well, I'm excited as hell for the kids -- Robo, Wyatt, Stankoven, Harley -- not to mention Miro, who is what 24? We're gonna be good for a number of years.)

5 hours ago, C-Man said:

I was *this* close to bailing at 6-3 but general laziness and not finding much else on other channels won out. Then Stankoven scored. Hmm, interesting. Then Wyatt got one and it's game on. What a finish. 

I turned off at 6-3 and last thing I registered before falling asleep was a Stars app notification of goal cutting it to 6-4.   I thought for sure too little too late.   Was pretty shocked when I saw final this AM.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Henry Hill said:

The young talent on this team is insane. Small sample size but Stank is going to be a 5’8” monster for years to come.

We all knew how good he was *supposed* to be and holy shit is he delivering and then some. I'm just kicking myself for not making a better effort to see him when was playing 45 minutes away.

10 hours ago, cactusflinthead said:

Nice surprise this morning. I bailed at 5-3 too.

what did we learn?

1 hour ago, shadow_operative2.0 said:

someone on here t

That's about all I heard of him, "Yeah, he scores but... he's little." I've been impressed with how he gets busy on the boards and isn't afraid of getting down front. He's doing the gritty shit that keeps him up in Dallas. 

• Like 1

I understand how the 3 Stars are picked before a game ends, with the ability to make a subtle change at the last, but these are ridiculous (no Stankoven???) considering how the game wound up. It’s not like the Stars didn’t tie the game with nearly 5 mins left.

d2c09886f7bcac4248c4cdd108daef47.jpg

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Longhorn_Fan68 said:

meh, we don't need participation awards. we have real trophies in our sights

For us, yes. But I guarantee you it's an absolute thrill for a young guy like Stankoven to get those initial recognitions as one of the Three Stars of the Game, a long-time hockey tradition.

I didn't realize until Sturm said it tonight but Johnston is actually younger than Stankoven.

The miss on Stankoven was me.  I really thought he'd have more trouble with the size/speed combo of the defenses at the next level.  He seemed to struggle when teams got physical with him while in Cedar Park (Texas really feasted off of the early season crappy teams, so it didn't happen often).  He was able to skate away from some of it, but I thought he'd have trouble finding the space with the "big boys."  Turns out, not so much and glad to be wrong.  

With him gone, Bourque's production has dropped off a cliff...same could be said for the rest of the team though as well

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Beau Vine said:

Whats with this AHL trade?

Seems like a straight up swap in regards to age and production.  Damiani hasn't really progressed with respect to Dallas, maybe trying to change things up and see if Pettersen could help Dallas in a pinch?