NFL Week 3 - Cowboys @ Cardinals: Backups needed

Hermanator

12 minutes ago, MirrOlure said:

Household rule in the mid-70’s (born in ‘66)

I could watch MNF until the halftime highlights were over. Then bedtime*

*unless the Cowboys** we’re playing

**amended in 1977 to include the Oilers

Yep, 1970 was MNF first season and the half time highlights were a big deal.  Unfortunately, we lived in Eastern Time Zone then so, game didn’t start until 9 pm.  No way I could stay awake to watch the end of most games.   

• Hook 'Em 1

Was listening to Broadus and he feels McCarthy was really concerned about both the offensive line he had to trot out and the deep safeties she'll the Cardinals played. Felt that led to him being very cautious with the passing game. That said they moved the ball and got 5 red zone shots and only got 1 of them in the end zone which was the difference in the game where the offense had to pick up for a poor defensive performance. Red zone is their main problem. 

On defense said the Cardinals ran a ton of pin and pull blocking and the Cowboys front just had no adjustments for it. Which is concerning because that's something they should be able to handle with the talent and speed on that end. 

I had a little black and white TV in my room in the early 80s. Rule was for Monday Night Football I could have it on when I was going to bed, but had to turn the brightness to low so the screen was off and just the audio came through. Somehow the screen would mysteriously get brighter again when the games were good. At least, that's what I told my parents.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Dennis Taylor said:

Dak gonna Dak. He's just another Romo, will fuck it up at the worst possible time. 

Romo was twice the QB Dak ever was or will be. 

3 hours ago, Mileslong said:

I’m still fucking mad over picking up that flag. If that’s not PI what is?

Be mad all you want and it’s hilarious to me anyone gets mad over the Cowboys. But that wasn’t interference. If you’re not gonna turn your head and play the ball, the timing was as good as you’ll see. 

Be mad all you want and it’s hilarious to me anyone gets mad over the Cowboys. But that wasn’t interference. If you’re not gonna turn your head and play the ball, the timing was as good as you’ll see. 

You’re an idiot, he plows into the WR without tuning his head before the ball arrived. It’s interference anyway you look at it. Try again

50 minutes ago, Mileslong said:

You’re an idiot, he plows into the WR without tuning his head before the ball arrived. It’s interference anyway you look at it. Try again

No.  It wasn’t. It was perfectly played if not lucky timing. But it wasn’t interference. Get madder. 

6 minutes ago, Porterhouse said:

No.  It wasn’t. It was perfectly played if not lucky timing. But it wasn’t interference. Get madder. 

It was. The defender initiated contact before the ball arrived. It’s the very definition of pass interference.

Edited by lilMAC25

17 minutes ago, lilMAC25 said:

It was. The defender initiated contact before the ball arrived. It’s the very definition of pass interference.

As the ball arrived. I watched it probably 12 times. It wasn’t even reviewed during a crucial part of the game.

The defense got exposed and gouged by a fairly shitty Zona team with their backup QB. Dak is a ball distributor and not a play maker. That’s the truth. Jerry is an idiot that needs to hire a GM. Period. He doesn’t deserve to win another SB while he is alive.

Also, our red zone offense sucks. That’s on MM and Dak. You gotta be accurate in the red zone. You can see what makes and separates QBs from middle tier to elite based on accuracy in red zone. Criticizing Dak is fair game as he hasn’t won the games that matter. He hasn’t. Criticizing him doesn’t mean I hate him or that I don’t think he gives the Cowboys the best chance to win with this roster. He does. But the idea you cant criticize Dak is bullshit. Especially when we see dynamic QBs all over the NFL making ridiculous throws.

I want more from my QB. Sorry if I expect game winning TD drives or 4th quarter comeback drives that win the game. Or TDs in the red zone. You get your team down there you ought to fucking score.  If you can’t do that you deserve to get criticized. Especially against one of the WORST teams in the NFL. No he wasn’t the sole reason the Cowboys lost. But he was a reason. I look at how long you’ve been in the league and how many signature wins you’ve got. I am far more patient with guys who have been in the NFL like three/four years that are still learning the position vs guys who have been in league 6-8 years. Like at some point you have hit the pinnacle of what we can expect from you. That’s as good as it gets. It’s as good as he would be on the best team in the NFL. He has a ceiling . He’s smart, good leader and great intangibles but he is LIMITED. He is 16 in passer rating. This is the ceiling. Combine that with Fat Mike and it’s going to be a disappointing kinda of season I guess. 

Edited by Nicole44

2 minutes ago, Nicole44 said:

The defense got exposed and gouged by a fairly shitty Zona team with their backup QB. Dak is a ball distributor and not a play maker. That’s the truth. Jerry is an idiot that needs to hire a GM. Period. He doesn’t deserve to win another SB while he is alive.

Also, our red zone offense sucks. That’s on MM and Dak. You gotta be accurate in the red zone. You can see what makes and separates QBs from middle tier to elite based on accuracy in red zone. Criticizing Dak is fair game as he hasn’t won the games that matter. He hasn’t. Criticizing him doesn’t mean I hate him or that I don’t think he gives the Cowboys the best chance to win with this roster. He does. But the idea you cant criticize Dak is bullshit. Especially when we see dynamic QBs all over the NFL making ridiculous throws.

I want more from my QB. Sorry if I expect game winning TD drives or 4th quarter comeback drives that win the game. Or TDs in the red zone. You get your team down there you ought to fucking score.  If you can’t do that you deserve to get criticized. Especially against one of the WORST teams in the NFL. No he wasn’t the sole reason the Cowboys lost. But he was a reason. I look at how long you’ve been in the league and how many signature wins you’ve got. I am far more patient with guys who have been in the NFL like three/four years that are still learning the position vs guys who have been in league 6-8 years. Like at some point you have hit the pinnacle of what we can expect from you. That’s as good as it gets. It’s as good as he would be on the best team in the NFL. He has a ceiling . He’s smart, good leader and great intangibles but he is LIMITED. He is 16 in passer rating. This is the ceiling. Combine that with Fat Mike and it’s going to be a disappointing kinda of season I guess. 

I can’t stand Jerry. This loss isn’t on him. It’s on McCarthy and Dak. People will say it’s on the D, but I’ve seen Quinn turn it around the very next game. The play calls were atrocious in the red zone, and Dak just is barely a top half QB and frankly probably always has been. 

This was a bad game, and shouldn’t derail their season, but anyone that thinks we can ever win anything of substance with Dak is crazy. He just isn’t good.  That pick was SO bad. 

3 minutes ago, Porterhouse said:

I can’t stand Jerry. This loss isn’t on him. It’s on McCarthy and Dak. People will say it’s on the D, but I’ve seen Quinn turn it around the very next game. The play calls were atrocious in the red zone, and Dak just is barely a top half QB and frankly probably always has been. 

This was a bad game, and shouldn’t derail their season, but anyone that thinks we can ever win anything of substance with Dak is crazy. He just isn’t good.  That pick was SO bad. 

So it's not on Jerry, who is the GM, and is responsible for hiring and signing decisions?

4 minutes ago, royiv said:

So it's not on Jerry, who is the GM, and is responsible for hiring and signing decisions?

Yesterday?  No. Unless you want to give him credit for the excellent GM’ing he did the first two weeks. 

I mean he shouldn’t have signed Dak to the extension, but he wouldn’t been fried for that, and this is old news. Yesterday was on MM and Dak. 

This loss isn’t on the Diggs out and the o line.

1. Fucking penalties. Especially presnap penalties. So stupid. Especially on the d line. Micah get your head on straight.
2. Front 7 ineptitude against the run. Micah get off the middle. Vanderesch get off the field.
3. Dak. Took few throws down field. Most throws at LoS. Bad decisions. And won’t run. He has taken that aspect almost out of his game and he missed some open lanes. And he can’t put the team on his shoulders and will it to win. He’s not even at Danny White/Tony Romo level. He’s Steve Pelleur/Gary Hogeboom right now.
4. Mike. What the fuck mike. Personnel
Packages. Hit the hole. Where’s Deuce? The Texas Coast offense is as clever as a Galveston beach tar ball.