San Antonio Spurs '23-'24: Hoops, Hype, Hair Dye

ztejas

Posted (edited)

Quick little nooner today in Cleveland.

Maybe we can just have Cedi find a Cavs jersey and walk back to their locker room after the game and no one will notice. 

Edited by ztejas

1 hour ago, ztejas said:

Quick little nooner today in Cleveland.

Maybe we can just have Cedi find a Cavs jersey and walk back to their locker room after the game and no one will notice. 

They’re interviewing your boy on Bally. He said thanks for the support.

Posted (edited)

We give a ridiculous amount of minutes to guys that are barely NBA players. We're like a fuciing make-a-wish NBA franchise. And we give guys that should be playing spot minutes at best serious playtime. If the FO is serious about winning then close to half of this roster needs to be turned over going into next season. 

Blake Wesley, for his career, is 61 of 186 from 2 and 32 of 57 from the line. I mean at some point you have to pull the plug. Lord knows Branham has straddled that line all season himself - despite him showing some more flashes at least. 

Edited by ztejas

12 minutes ago, ztejas said:

We give a ridiculous amount of minutes to guys that are barely NBA players. We're like a fuciing make-a-wish NBA franchise. And we give guys that should be playing spot minutes at best serious playtime. If the FO is serious about winning then close to half of this roster needs to be turned over going into next season. 

Blake Wesley, for his career, is 61 of 186 from 2 and 32 of 57 from the line. I mean at some point you have to pull the plug. Lord knows Branham has straddled that line all season himself - despite him showing some more flashes at least. 

I would much rather have Wesley out there than Branham. The last thing I want is that dude taking shots away from Vic and Dev. And Blake and actually play defense. 

Holy fuck why is Barlow standing outside the 3 point line on offense? Two possessions in a row. Get your big ass in the paint, dude.

6 minutes ago, Kermit said:

I would much rather have Wesley out there than Branham. The last thing I want is that dude taking shots away from Vic and Dev. And Blake and actually play defense. 

I don't really care either way. They're both terrible NBA players. Which is the point I was making. 

Cedi didn't make it but I thought the early shot clock pull up 3 he attempted was honestly exactly the type of shot we need in a tight game in the 4Q. We can't have Wemby accidentally taking too many field goals.

Malaki Branham fucking sucks and is the worst Spurs player I’ve ever had the misfortune of watching. He’s fucking stupid, doesn’t play hard, can’t shoot, can’t defend, can’t pass. He fucking sucks so bad and I will celebrate the day the Spurs cut him.

1 minute ago, Kermit said:

Malaki Branham fucking sucks and is the worst Spurs player I’ve ever had the misfortune of watching. He’s fucking stupid, doesn’t play hard, can’t shoot, can’t defend, can’t pass. He fucking sucks so bad and I will celebrate the day the Spurs cut him.

He makes Cedi look like Dan Majerle.

the bonkers part of that post for those who don’t want to click:

Amazingly, five of those lines have come in 26 minutes or fewer

That is, believe it or not, the most games of 20+ PTS and 4+ BLK in 26 minutes or fewer in NBA history for a CAREER

Wemby has played 31 games 

Looking toward the future a bit... the Ja Morant injury might be a good thing for the Spurs depending on the lottery gods. Spurs get Toronto's FRP this year if it's outside of the top 6.

Memphis will now join Detroit, SA, Charlotte, Washington, and Portland in the tankathon while Toronto still appears to be trying to win. That puts the Raptors solidly at 7 where the odds start to skew toward the pick going to the Spurs (ping pong balls willing). You can argue about how valuable that pick is in this particular draft, but there's a decent chance that this pick wouldn't convey otherwise. Bird in the hand, so to speak.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Mitch Cumsteen said:

Looking toward the future a bit... the Ja Morant injury might be a good thing for the Spurs depending on the lottery gods. Spurs get Toronto's FRP this year if it's outside of the top 6.

Memphis will now join Detroit, SA, Charlotte, Washington, and Portland in the tankathon while Toronto still appears to be trying to win. That puts the Raptors solidly at 7 where the odds start to skew toward the pick going to the Spurs (ping pong balls willing). You can argue about how valuable that pick is in this particular draft, but there's a decent chance that this pick wouldn't convey otherwise. Bird in the hand, so to speak.

TOR was already a couple games above MEM for 7th worst record. They could potentially ship Siakam and say fuck it this season but even then, Memphis had been awful without Ja. 

I like the odds of that pick conveying.

Rumos of Spurs' interest in DJM coming back? I'm surprised at how much I wouldn't mind it, as long as we're giving up less than we got for him. I don't think we'll match other teams' interest, but I imagine Atlanta has to be feeling a rebound and might need picks. 

7 minutes ago, BurdineBandit said:

Rumos of Spurs' interest in DJM coming back? I'm surprised at how much I wouldn't mind it, as long as we're giving up less than we got for him. I don't think we'll match other teams' interest, but I imagine Atlanta has to be feeling a rebound and might need picks. 

Unreal to think of him as a "veteran" but on this Spurs team he would be.

Oh man I'd take him in a fucking heartbeat. He can both run offense and play defense something that literally no one on our current team is even remotely capable of. I mean Tre Jones is the closest thing and he's undersized and can't shoot. 

6 hours ago, Fastbreak said:

Toronto is going to push for a play-in spot. The OG trade made them better. I could see them shipping Siakim to somewhere like GS and improving still (Wigs, Kum, Moody). I dint think we need to worry about that pick conveying.

south park GIF

Their coach legit scares me. Nothing more terrifying than an angry Serbian. Maybe a positive pregnancy test. 

Wemby with his first trip dub. He's abusing this shitty Pistons team like he's 2018 LeBron. I've never seen a 19 year old so easily fuck up a team's defensive gameplan. And he was like 6/16 shooting. 

53 minutes ago, Michael Knight said:

I mean we drafted Devin Vassell one spot ahead of Tyrese Haliburton

We had White and Murray on the team, but you are still correct. Very, very correct. And I love Devin Vassell.