The Amazing Race 35

WBT

Red should be arrested for attempted murder. She was trying to kill her pops making him go for an already gotten express pass lol.

I wish they had gotten eliminated cause now we got at least 1 more episode of whining throughout it...."well we're last, its over waaaahhh"

• Like 1

Red should be arrested for attempted murder. She was trying to kill her pops making him go for an already gotten express pass lol.

I wish they had gotten eliminated cause now we got at least 1 more episode of whining throughout it...."well we're last, its over waaaahhh"

She knew they were in last, I can’t believe she was dumb enough to think the express pass was even going to be there.

She knew they were in last, I can’t believe she was dumb enough to think the express pass was even going to be there.

How do you know she knew they were last? Was it the 150 times she mentioned it in 15 minutes of screen time?

Slovenia looks awesome. That plane ride was real cool. They made them really work for that Express Pass. It was a great challenge because multiple teams tried to catch the red team but had to give up.

• 2 weeks later...

Pretty boring last episode.  

The brothers obviously seem to be the team to beat.  They work really well together and don't make dumb fuck ups (yet) like all the other teams are doing.....dad/son not reading, husband/wife directions and bickering, red and dad being whiney bitches who don't pay attention.  I guess the beard dudes don't fuck up too much either, but they just aren't on the brothers level 

• Hook 'Em 1

The brothers never seem to make navigational errors, and have only had issues completing a few of the tasks.  They should be the heavy favorites.  I have the father/daughter and father/son also likely to make the final 3.  Based on performance to date, the beards should be next to go, followed by husband/wife.  

Things rarely go as expected, so it will likely be one of my top 3 going this week.  

Brothers are obvious favorites and will likely have to screw up in some way to not win. But that happens every season to even the strongest teams so you never know.

Father/Son my favorite remaining team, but don't think they can pull out the win. Hopefully, the use the pass wisely this next leg to get a sweet 1st place prize.

My spidey sense is telling me we're gonna have a "you're still racing!" extended leg episode this week.

Hey, Red. Shut. The fuck. Up. I thought my wife was going to jump through the TV and choke her out.

She went on the race with her mid-50’s (still shocked he’s this young), not really in shape dad. You knew going into the race that if you were in a foot race, that would be an issue. Particularly after you ran him ragged getting lost on your way to the metro. You think he’s going to outrun two fit dudes in their 30’s? The constant badgering is such a beating.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

13 hours ago, idigTexas said:

Yeah they didn't gain much from using it there, but not sure there was an obvious better option...the trash sort maybe?  

I would have kept it until the very last task because you know exactly where you stand and can then zoom past other teams......all you have to do is make sure you aren't last leaving the maypole thing

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, Scraps said:

I would have kept it until the very last task because you know exactly where you stand and can then zoom past other teams......all you have to do is make sure you aren't last leaving the maypole thing

I don't think they have any way of knowing they are on the last task until they finish it and receive the clue to travel to the pit stop.  All the tasks were relatively quick and easy, so they weren't going to gain much time no matter when they used the express pass.  There really wasn't much of an advantage to having it on that leg. 

It would have been interesting to see how things might have played out if they completed Maypole, and were on their own or with the beards instead of with dad/daughter when navigation on foot broke down.   Dad/daughter struggle with navigation, and can't make up time on foot because dad is dad-aged.  The smart play might be to just follow them and then outrace them to the mat at the end.  That only works if you can hang with them in the tasks which isn't always the case.     

2 hours ago, Scraps said:

I mean you may not know when its last task, but you def know the 1st task isn't the last one.

Absolutely.  I didn't see anything particularly difficult about the Maypole challenge, and they definitely should not have used the EP there.  It sucks that they didn't really get to take advantage of it, especially since dad almost had a heart attack earning it.  Saving it for the last leg was the right move, but it wouldn't have helped them much regardless of which task they skipped.

• Like 1

On 12/1/2023 at 11:48 AM, idigTexas said:

Absolutely.  I didn't see anything particularly difficult about the Maypole challenge, and they definitely should not have used the EP there.  It sucks that they didn't really get to take advantage of it, especially since dad almost had a heart attack earning it.  Saving it for the last leg was the right move, but it wouldn't have helped them much regardless of which task they skipped.

That's why I couldn't be on this show despite my wife's constant nagging about applying. Recall the challenge in/around episode 3 where they had to build some sort of plant thing using items around a swamp.  Several got stuck because the particulars were so specific.  They get to the maypole and it's all, "Just throw the shit together".  Having one minor detail curtail my efforts would send me through the roof.

Oh, and lol at Midsommar.

On 11/30/2023 at 11:32 PM, WBT said:

The violinist was hot.  I know, imagine that, Sweden.

I landed in Stockholm for the first time after spending the prior six months eating nothing but shitty continental food. I made a beeline to the first McDonald's I saw just to get a little American taste. The girl who took my order was one of the most beautiful people I've ever seen in real life. Just absolutely stunning to the point I could barely speak. And she gave correct change. What a country.

• Hook 'Em 3

11 hours ago, Herpa Derpa said:

A dark evil part of me wanted to see him drop dead from exhaustion with her screaming over his corpse "COME ON DAD!"

I thought he was going to have to be rescued from the swim there for a minute.  Have to hand it to him.  He only lost his cool once...at least that they showed, and I think that was due to navigation crap if I remember correctly.  They struggled with that the entire race.  

I have made it known that Red irritated the fuck out of me about the dad shit, but this episode I finally had a slight change of heart because jfc dude at least go for a jog when you know you are going to be on the show.  That dude doesn't even look like he is in that bad of shape and he could barely run 10 feet  seemed like lol.  

Not saying he would outrun the 20 yr olds and shit, but man lets try to not die on tv 

Edited by Scraps
  • Like 1

15 hours ago, The Ace of Aces said:

This season has been so enjoyable - top 5 I think for me in the entire run. 

Rooting for dad and son but assume the brothers win. 

Yep.  My preferred order is dad/son, beards, brothers, but all are likeable.  It's been a good season.  

• Hook 'Em 1

I have made it known that Red irritated the fuck out of me about the dad shit, but this episode I finally had a slight change of heart because jfc dude at least go for a jog when you know you are going to be on the show.  That dude doesn't even look like he is in that bad of shape and he could barely run 10 feet  seemed like lol.  

Not saying he would outrun the 20 yr olds and shit, but man lets try to not die on tv 

This. You know running is going to play a huge role in this, why not do a little prep?

Also, who the fuck swims with shoes on?
  • Like 1

On 12/7/2023 at 9:44 AM, Stringer said:

So, Corey and the teacher banged one out real quick before he left the theater, right?

She was apparently Miss Ireland runner up.

Not sure about Cory asking who wanted to teach him though.  What if one of the dudes raised his hand first?

https://www.instagram.com/annamaifitz/