The Amazing Race 35

WBT

I liked all 3 of the remaining teams so I was okay with any of them winning.

Greg and John ran the best overall race and definitely deserved to win, but they also seemed like they needed it the least. But it’s not a charity show, so need isn’t the determinant. They earned it, and even though their final leg was sloppy, they nailed the memory challenge to lock up the win.

Joel and Garrett needed it the most. I was a little bit indifferent on them personality wise, and they were for sure underdogs that never seemed dominant in anything, but always just good enough to move on. I wanted them to pull it out because one of them has a special needs daughter and that would be life changing money. Too bad, but I like to think Greg and John gifted them a little something.

Rob and Corey were fantastic. I loved their dynamic and just a great father-son relationship on top of Rob being deaf. I rooted for them all the way, and if not for the special needs daughter thing above, they would’ve been my pick. I don’t think they needed the win because their lives seem rich in ways that money can’t buy, and I suspect they are happy regardless of the outcome. I hope Corey makes contact with his dance instructor.

• Hook 'Em 4

Great season.

5 hours ago, wild_turkey said:

Joel and Garrett needed it the most. I was a little bit indifferent on them personality wise, and they were for sure underdogs that never seemed dominant in anything, but always just good enough to move on. I wanted them to pull it out because one of them has a special needs daughter and that would be life changing money. Too bad, but I like to think Greg and John gifted them a little something.

Not life changing, but second place does take home $25k and third place $10k.

7 hours ago, wild_turkey said:

I liked all 3 of the remaining teams so I was okay with any of them winning.

Greg and John ran the best overall race and definitely deserved to win, but they also seemed like they needed it the least. But it’s not a charity show, so need isn’t the determinant. They earned it, and even though their final leg was sloppy, they nailed the memory challenge to lock up the win.

Rob and Corey were fantastic. I loved their dynamic and just a great father-son relationship on top of Rob being deaf. I rooted for them all the way, and if not for the special needs daughter thing above, they would’ve been my pick. I don’t think they needed the win because their lives seem rich in ways that money can’t buy, and I suspect they are happy regardless of the outcome. I hope Corey makes contact with his dance instructor.

This pretty much sums it up for me.  I thought it was a bit unfair to have such a physically demanding task (trapeze) that would clearly be much more difficult for some teams, but Greg and John didn't really have any weaknesses, so they were going to be difficult to beat no matter what.  

Good finale and good season.

I liked the structure of the 3 tasks in any order for the finale.  They didn’t dwell on it but from the map they showed, it looked like Rob and Cory went to the farthest task first and then had to double back.  I wonder if that's what put them behind.

It's probably for the best that Red didn't make it far enough to yell at her dad for not being able to do the trapeze.

On 12/16/2023 at 6:46 AM, WBT said:

Good finale and good season.

I liked the structure of the 3 tasks in any order for the finale.  They didn’t dwell on it but from the map they showed, it looked like Rob and Cory went to the farthest task first and then had to double back.  I wonder if that's what put them behind.

It's probably for the best that Red didn't make it far enough to yell at her dad for not being able to do the trapeze.

I think Rob and Cory struggled more on the trapeze than they showed.  

• 2 months later...
1 minute ago, The Ace of Aces said:

This was filmed before the last one that was aired. They are being aired out of order which is odd. 

The last one was also post-Covid.  The one before that was post-Covid and they had all teams flying together on charters.  Maybe that happens on this season as well.

1 hour ago, Knoxtnhorn said:

Ok.  A bit confused.  One of the Indian/Mexican girls appears to have gone to UT - Karishma Cordero.  Are you saying the girl doing the 400-point turn on the show swam at Texas?

Cordero went to UT.

The buckethead that can't drive mentioned she was a "competitive swimmer" which probably means swim club.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, Herpa Derpa said:

Cordero went to UT.

The buckethead that can't drive mentioned she was a "competitive swimmer" which probably means swim club.

Um, yeah.  Not to be a perve, but some of Cordero's instagram pics are --- rude.

6 hours ago, Herpa Derpa said:

Cordero went to UT.

She said they were both competitive swimmers and that she played competitive softball for 10 years

She said they were both competitive swimmers and that she played competitive softball for 10 years

I love that comment because it helped establish her as a serious person, unlike people who play non-competitive softball.

They have to be a top 5 worst team in TAR history. Hilarious that they intentionally studied different foreign languages in college for the purpose of being better TAR contestants. Maybe learn to drive instead?
  • Haha 3

I loved how they kept saying "if someone else stopped an asked for directions, we should be okay."  Maybe YOU should have stopped and asked for directions.  Their personalities and skillsets were too similar.  They were never going to last long, but that was historically bad.  

I remember Rod Gardner more for what he did at Clemson than the pros.

- gotta love dipshits who come on the show and get gassed on the intial run to car 1000ft away lol

-twin stoner beach bros are dumb? Who would have guessed?

-that 98 pt turn was impressive

-come on Texas girl jfc quit being a dumbass

On 3/23/2024 at 8:55 AM, The Ace of Aces said:

This is probably the least in shape group of teams in race history. They all seem absolutely clueless, as well. 

It looked like a few were going to drop dead in that heat. 

After watching the second leg last night, I was going to post the same thing.  This may be the weakest group of teams ever.  On the other hand, they did have to do back-to-back legs with no break in hot conditions.  Who was the genius who thought a face painting challenge with a bunch of sweaty heat stroke victims was a good idea?  

4 hours ago, idigTexas said:

After watching the second leg last night, I was going to post the same thing.  This may be the weakest group of teams ever.  On the other hand, they did have to do back-to-back legs with no break in hot conditions.  Who was the genius who thought a face painting challenge with a bunch of sweaty heat stroke victims was a good idea?  

I think I am understanding why they showed these last two seasons out of order. They didn't want to air two consecutive dud seasons from post-Covid with limited travel.  Plus, as has been pointed out, this is a particularly weak field of teams.

• Hook 'Em 1

On 3/25/2024 at 1:59 PM, EastTexan said:

the twin guys=dumb & dumber

I only watched last night's episode.  How many did those moron twins actually make it through?  I'm impressed that they were actually able to get themselves on a plane to South America.

10 hours ago, Jerry Callo said:

I only watched last night's episode.  How many did those moron twins actually make it through?  I'm impressed that they were actually able to get themselves on a plane to South America.

It was a charter. They were walked on.

• Haha 2

There are some really bad teams on this season.

Were the twins high during this leg or do they have brain damage? They wouldn’t even attempt the detours and just laughed about how hard they looked and how much it made their brains hurt. That triple switch was one of the most pathetic attempts of any team in history.

What’s up with Yvonne and Melissa? It seems like the editing is trying to give them the least amount of screen time possible. Makes you wonder if something is going to happen with them and TAR is trying to downplay them early.

I don't know which was the more cringing watch, the firefighters trying to work out perhaps the easiest task in TAR history, or the statue challenge where multiple racers had no idea how to orient themselves to a map.  Barring taxi voodoo, the gay couple should win every leg.  There is no other team in their league. 

On the plus side, I still have that groovy break dancing beat in my head.   

• Hook 'Em 1

On 4/5/2024 at 7:11 PM, idigTexas said:

I don't know which was the more cringing watch, the firefighters trying to work out perhaps the easiest task in TAR history, or the statue challenge where multiple women had no idea how to orient themselves to a map.  Barring taxi voodoo, the gay couple should win every leg.  There is no other team in their league. 

On the plus side, I still have that groovy break dancing beat in my head.   

Fify

That was so laughable and stereotypical.

Yeah, they can be an effective team, but they are going to bicker all the way to the finish line.

I'm rooting for the gay dudes and the military dudes. Would love the see mom/son make the final three, but they would need to be helped by some circumstances.

It's obvious that we are supposed to be pulling for Team Momma's Boy, but I just can't do it.  I'm hoping that they go soon.  I'm glad that the pilots have upped their game.  Maybe a couple of other teams will do the same and make a race out of it.  Navigation seems to the biggest weakness for most of the teams.  

• Hook 'Em 1