kenpom 2024

shadow_operative

houston’s AdjD is the lowest i’ve ever seen for a team heading into conference play. even against cupcakes, 83.6 points per 100 possessions is unreal. kelvin sampson is (imo) a marginally better version of rick barnes in this sense- the way that he recruits and coaches makes his teams a nightmare to face during the regular season, even if it doesn’t lend itself to winning 6 games in a row in march. there might be a new big boy on the. lock in this league. 

some notable kenpom stats: 

Texas:

start: 16

peak: 16

valley: 43

now: 43

Ole Miss:

start: 82

peak: 70

valley: 130

now: 70

Tennessee:

start: 8

peak: 5

valley: 11

now: 8

Marquette:

start: 11

peak: 5

valley: 19

now: 19

Oklahoma:

start: 48

peak: 20

valley: 48

now: 20

A&M:

start: 24

peak: 13

valley: 35

now: 35

with a road loss at #1 Houston and a   win at home against "Top 10 BYU," Tech dropped from 30 to 31.

LOLz.   Lots of sorting remains to be seen.

Edited by slorch

2 hours ago, jimmyjazz said:

I still love that kenpom whiffed on our first 4 conference games coming out of the noncon schedule.  His predictions should tighten up over time, but that was pretty bad.

I believe it was the first 5. Had wins against Tech, WVU, UCF and losses against Cincy and Baylor.

I think we do better than 4-8 down the stretch. Having to integrate Disu so late into the non-conference schedule means we're really still figuring out the best mix of rotations etc... The team is showing improvement the last couple of games, and I expect that to continue. If Iowa State can lose in Norman, they sure as fuck can lose in Austin. 

• Hook 'Em 1

My guess is we steal the TCU or Iowa State game.

9-9 absolutely feels on the table if this team plays to their potential. I have a tough time going above that mark considering the two crappy losses already and the margin for error we are working with. Would obviously be safely in the tournament with 9 wins.

Edited by Hookem2147

Kansas is middle of the Conference and has 2 of the top 5 performers?  LOLz.

More like Ken-phog.

and no, I'm not suggesting  Red Raider be on the list, as there is certainly not one guy who has stood out for us.  It has varied by game, bigtime.

Edited by slorch