Politically charged altercations at Whataburger

Hugo Stiglitz

3 minutes ago, ChickenSandwich said:

Advocativing violence and theft for those you disagree with, even 80lb teenagers  

Communist cunt and a Sad little man. 

Uh I think this kid left 80lbs behind A LONG time ago.

be8kPdF.jpg

2 minutes ago, deadshank said:

He can assault teenagers he disagrees with. He won't because he fears the consequences and losing his place in society. . He can, however, hoot and clap when others do it.

Yes, exactly.

If the roles were reversed he'd be here going on and on about nazis, trumpkins, white people and all the other goblins he fears and hates as he looks down from his ivory tower.

I'm interested in what the role-reversed version would look like. Could you explain? Because you're probably 100% correct, but I'm interested to see what you think the inverse of this situation would be.

The inverse would be... a white guy grabbing a hat off of a minority teenager and throwing a Coke in the minority teen's face? Right? What would the hat say?

The bottom line is it is wrong and sure sign of stupidity for anyone to do that another person for any reason. 

lol "for any reason" you guys are lying sacks of shit

Just now, Orangechipper said:

This kid assualted is my cousin.   Are we really going to say he deserved it because he was wearing a make America great again hat on 4th of July?   

Holy moly    

No. Nobody deserves that. But I'm curious what he did other than wear the hat. 

Just now, Bozo_Casanova said:

It's probably not good, but like I said on the other thread, I'm very curious about what happened before the video started. 

Me, too.  I'm sure there's more to the story.  The incident is a microcosm of our political landscape being acted out in day to day living and the discourse on this board. 

This kid assualted is my cousin.   Are we really going to say he deserved it because he was wearing a make America great again hat on 4th of July?   

Holy moly    

He's going to get a good introduction to the criminal justice system when the prosecutor pleads this down to a misdemeanor. 

28 minutes ago, David Dennison said:

No, just stating a fact. Academia is as much the real world as the law. You can't be myopic in your definition of what constitutes making a living.

In my experience, a lot of academics only know the theoretical side of the subject they teach. My EE professors would take take the calculations as gospel on how something works and then when it was actually put into practice, it didn't work. Their minds were blown that it didn't work. The best professors I had were the ones that had real work experience, not just school. 

Edited by RandomIdoit

1 minute ago, Brian Fantana said:

Wearing a MAGA hat just makes you a dumbshit, and shouldn't get you punched like being a Nazi should. I'm not sure I'd have arrested the kid, but he should have to compensate the guy for his hat and drink at least.

Yeah, I pretty much agree with this. I mean, it's a drink. Also, I can't imagine just sitting there if some guy threw a drink at my pal and took my hat. I don't care how small a person is, have a little dignity. 

13 minutes ago, ChickenSandwich said:

Advocativing violence and theft for those you disagree with, even 80lb teenagers  

Communist cunt and a Sad little man. 

A lot of people on the right have advocated violence against this kid:

2XL6WQ8M.jpg

Where were you then?

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, bad_teammate said:

Uh I think this kid left 80lbs behind A LONG time ago.

be8kPdF.jpg

Yes, exactly.

I'm interested in what the role-reversed version would look like. Could you explain? Because you're probably 100% correct, but I'm interested to see what you think the inverse of this situation would be.

The inverse would be... a white guy grabbing a hat off of a minority teenager and throwing a Coke in the minority teen's face? Right? What would the hat say?

lol "for any reason" you guys are lying sacks of shit

An exact inverse?  I don't know.  In general?  Someone wearing a Che hat or the like and some dummy shows up and snatches it and throws a drink in their face. 

Our world is long on shitty, childish behavior right now.  Your approval of such is curious and immature.  Would you approve of your child acting in such a way?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, deadshank said:

An exact inverse?  I don't know.  In general?  Someone wearing a Che hat or the like and some dummy shows up and snatches it and throws a drink in their face. 

Our world is long on shitty, childish behavior right now.  Your approval of such is curious and immature.  Would you approve of your child acting in such a way?

Why do you approve of the president of the United States acting in such a way?

1 minute ago, deadshank said:

Someone wearing a Che hat or the like and some dummy shows up and snatches it and throws a drink in their face. 

What would be the internal motivation to grab a Che hat and throw the drink in the wearer's face? What on-the-ground reality is hurting people that is directly represented by Che?

You're eager to divorce actions from context in this case and completely ignore the world surrounding the event in question. "MAGA" is a confrontational, racist sentiment. Wearing a "MAGA" hat is confrontational speech. Talk shit, get hit.

• Like 1
  • Fuck You 1

Just now, Brian Fantana said:

Calling someone a spic and then turning on your cell phone camera to record his reaction is exactly what Johnny Sack a MAGA hat wearing, 16 year old dickless little bitch boy would do.

Look at that kid's face being hugged by suburban mama bear. Imagine it laughing and shouting racial slurs into an XBOX headset in a pre-match Fortnite lobby.

Kid goes out to Whataburger with his noodle-arm friend and the filmer and is confronted by the actual reality of his hate speech. Runs to mama bear who puts it on Facebook.

2018 baby

2 minutes ago, bad_teammate said:

What would be the internal motivation to grab a Che hat and throw the drink in the wearer's face? What on-the-ground reality is hurting people that is directly represented by Che?

You're eager to divorce actions from context in this case and completely ignore the world surrounding the event in question. "MAGA" is a confrontational, racist sentiment. Wearing a "MAGA" hat is confrontational speech. Talk shit, get hit.

Deflection dance.  You're typing a lot of words that don't mean much to avoid my question.  Answer the question I put forth to you, BT.  

Would you approve of your child acting in such a manner?  Snatching hats and throwing drinks?

2 minutes ago, David Dennison said:

I asked why. You support a man who engages in precisely those actions you find unacceptable. 

I meant to type I don't support his boorish, childish behavior.  Sorry  for the confusion. 

4 minutes ago, bad_teammate said:

Why do you reserve your condemnation for the left? Why does the President's misbehavior not bother you as much as the misbehavior of rando libs?

I don't reserve condemnation for just the left.  There are plenty of disgusting people on the right as well. 

Shitty behavior is shitty behavior.  Right, left or center. 

Just now, deadshank said:

I don't reserve condemnation for just the left.  There are plenty of disgusting people on the right as well. 

Just come out and say you're an ideologue and support those who present the best vehicle for advancing your political beliefs, regardless of personal character.

1 minute ago, David Dennison said:

But you do. You voted for him. 

Yep.  Sure did.  He's a real piece of work.  Loud-mouthed, boorish, reactive, far from perfect, you name it.  Do I approve of that?  No.  

I could have voted for pretty much the same from the other side. 

There will soon be another election.  

31 minutes ago, Orangechipper said:

Holy moly    

The 4th of July has no relevance to the situation. 

What else did your cousin say? 

A lot of people look at that hag as a symbol of, well you know...

6 minutes ago, David Dennison said:

Just come out and say you're an ideologue and support those who present the best vehicle for advancing your political beliefs, regardless of personal character.

I would love impeccable personal character. Never going to happen. 

Im not a strict right ideologue.  My politics are a right leaning mixed bag.  

51 minutes ago, deadshank said:

Would you approve of your child acting in such a manner?  Snatching hats and throwing drinks?

It depends on the context. Like it does for literally everyone in every situation.

There are many cases in which I would be extremely proud of one of my kids doing that. There are many cases in which I would be ashamed of it. It all depends on the context.

Some twerpy little shit in a MAGA hat? Yeah snatch that fucking hat and toss it in a trash can. My kids are all white (blonde hair and blue eyes no less) so I think the drink throwing would be a bit much.

Some twerpy little shit in an Alabama hat? No, of course not, that's dumb.

The reason people like you retreat to, "UH ALL CASES! ALL SIDES!" is because you cannot in good conscience analyze the reality of your own side. You know your side cannot be defended on its own terms.

47 minutes ago, deadshank said:

Yet you only open your mouth about it to own the libs. Do you think your posts on this forum (and Shag) were kept secret and we couldn't read them? Are you sincerely pretending you spread it out evenly? lol fuck off

I would get WAY more pissed off about a white guy snatching an Obama hat off a black teen's head than I would about a black guy snatching a MAGA hat off a white teen's head. You can dismiss that as team sports, but the reality is that Obama's message wasn't one of open bigotry and hate. An Obama hat is not an open and avowed "fuck you!" message to white people. There wasn't/isn't an epidemic of radical violence using Obama hats as a signal and uniform.

If you wear MAGA shit in public then you deserve varying levels of confrontation, and snatching a MAGA hat in a way that doesn't cause physical harm is 100% acceptable confrontation in my book.

It's hilarious to see the centrist/both-siders who are OUTRAGED online about the evils of this administration turn into pearl-clutching ninnies when the slightest amount of real-life action is taken against the administration's messaging and advocacy.

• Like 1
  • Fuck You 1

3 hours ago, bad_teammate said:

A felony arrest for stealing a hat and throwing a drink. Our police state is ridiculous.

It probably has something to do with the victim being a minor.  

9 minutes ago, SDG said:

It probably has something to do with the victim being a minor.  

Nope.  Just typical prosecutor over-charging.  The victim being a minor isn’t really determinative at all, as far as felony/misdemeanor, practically speaking.

1 minute ago, OatmealRaisinCookie said:

Also equally hilarious to me is that supporting the literal leader and commander in chief of your country is viewed as hate speech or an act of hate speech...

Is your argument that the leader of a nation cannot be racist/espouse racism/advocate racism? Because... that would be mindfuckingly stupid of you.

The fact that "MAGA" is the campaign slogan of the president has zero bearing at all on whether or not it is confrontational, racist speech.

Are you on drugs?

We have citizens in open rebellion, which is awesome, but be honest about it and call it what it is.

What?

1 hour ago, deadshank said:

I have a problem with anyone encouraging assault of political opponents.  I have a problem with BT's approval of shitty behavior.  He thinks it is cool.  I disagree.  

See here's where you are wrong: it is hilarious AND cool. 

• Like 3

It was 230 in the morning.   He and his friends walked to the Whataburger around the corner.   Not their wisest moment for sure.   But they weren’t wearing it to make a political statement. It was just something patriotic to wear for the 4th.  It was his dads hat.  

He and his 2 friends and this asshat and his friend and the employees were the only folks in the restaurant.   Again.  Not wearing the hat for any kind of attention.  

It was 230 in the morning.   He and his friends walked to the Whataburger around the corner.   Not their wisest moment for sure.   But they weren’t wearing it to make a political statement. It was just something patriotic to wear for the 4th.  It was his dads hat.  

He and his 2 friends and this asshat and his friend and the employees were the only folks in the restaurant.   Again.  Not wearing the hat for any kind of attention.  

I heard his dad was wearing that hat when he died in 9/11 and the firefighters found it in the rubble and gave it to his son and the son wore it for the first time on July 4th to celebrate the founding fathers and Lincoln (who was a Republican) and the man who attacked him was Obama's cousin from Kenya who was at Benghazi. 

• Like 10
  • Fuck You 1

1 hour ago, David Dennison said:

Why is that?

I don’t know. But it goes to show the varying level of civility in our society. 

Be a confrontational dick to someone who lied (initially) trying to access a members only area you control - get doxxed, lose your job, and receive death threats. 

Be a confrontational dick because you don’t like someones political beliefs, assault them, and steal their property - likely plead down. 

Fuck this dude. Hope the felony sticks. This POS shouldn’t have a say in the politics of this country. The ultimate irony, lose your voting privelages because you are that intolerant of others’ views. 

• Like 1
  • Fuck You 1

13 minutes ago, Orangechipper said:

I mean, if you say so. I have no reason to doubt you or doubt what your cousin is telling you because I wasn't there. But I do remember what it was like to be a young dumbass at a fastfood place at 2:30 in the morning, and the video raises more questions than it answers for me. Why does it start when it starts, for example? I just find the idea that they were just sitting there totally minding their own business, and the guy walked up and grabbed the hat, and your cousin starts taking the video record  immediately very odd and somewhat improbable. On the other hand, there is a witness account out there claiming that your cousin was saying racial stuff. It doesn't seem any more or less credible. I'd like to see the security footage from the store. 

Also - campaign paraphernalia is in general the opposite of patriotic in that it glorifies division rather than the nation itslf, and particularly this since the slogan itself can be taken to mean that America is not great. If your cousin doesn't have either the basic sense to know why it's provocative or the  manners not to politicize the fourth of july or the integrity to defend his own physical person it's hard for me to feel much sympathy for the kid. 

In summary: that guy shouldn't have taken your cousin's hat or thrown a drink on him, but that's about as far as my sympathy goes. It's not like he got jumped in the parking lot, which is what happened to me the last time i ran my mouth at Whatabruger after last call. 

Edited by Bozo_Casanova
  • Like 2

48 minutes ago, bad_teammate said:

*white kid gets soda thrown at his face*

"OH MY GOD THE CHILDREN! Oh GOOOOOD!"

*brown toddlers get ripped from their mothers arms by armed government agents, never to be returned*

"Hard questions. Many sides."

a million souls are aborted every year in America.

Not even an eye blink from the left...

Wear the wrong shirt or hat, and everyone's a rape apologist, " Fucker shoulda known he's gonna git hit for wearing that MAGA shit.  He was askin for it."

Edited by slorch

1 hour ago, Bozo_Casanova said:

Yeah, I pretty much agree with this. I mean, it's a drink. Also, I can't imagine just sitting there if some guy threw a drink at my pal and took my hat. I don't care how small a person is, have a little dignity. 

Yeah, as I mentioned in the other thread. I was in a similar situation as these kids at a Jack in the Box when I was a teen. Big mexican dude knocked my friends hat off and slapped his burger on the ground. I hit him in the head with a chair and then we proceeded to kick the shit out of him once he dropped to the floor. You just can't let people disrespect you.

On the flipside, in my 20's, I slapped a slushie into a teenager's face and threw his friend into a rack of bikes at Target for acting like little shits towards an elderly couple.

I've been both sides of the Whataburger situation but never started shit.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, slorch said:

a million souls are aborted every year in America.

Not even an eye blink from the left...

Wear the wrong shirt, and the fight is on...

I've never negged anybody, but this is some bullshit. You'll have a happier, longer life if you're less of an asshole. 

5 minutes ago, Bozo_Casanova said:

I've never negged anybody, but this is some bullshit. You'll have a happier, longer life if you're less of an asshole. 

I'm not the one murdering, much less assaulting people.

But y'all are so kind-hearted while you do it.

Righteous indignation  is so liberating.

Edited by slorch

20 minutes ago, Orangechipper said:

Looks like he's enjoying the attention now.