Politically charged altercations at Whataburger

Hugo Stiglitz

33 minutes ago, Bozo_Casanova said:

“Supporting the president” is not fighting words.
However, it is quite common for both the president himself and his supporters to express themselves in fighting words, and they act surprised when the people they provoke and insult are willing to fight. He’s setting a really poor example and too many his supporters are following it.

So you don't believe the kid?  Did you watch the tape carefully which shows essentially an empty restaurant except for the hat stealing guy and the camera guy he left with(who was well behind him recording/filming) after the snatch and coke toss?

Unless that family of 4 was sitting in the blind spot there was nobody in that restaurant unless they got scared and hauled ass as the coke thrower came down the aisle?  Does that change your opinion if there were no witnesses?(maybe why the newspaper retracted?)

BTW, the coke thrower doesn't mention rude comments in post arrest interview, he said the hat was what triggered him:

Spoiler

Kino Jimenez, the man accused of tossing a drink on a Texas teenager wearing a MAGA hat and then walking off with the hat, said the hat was the equivalent to him of seeing a KKK hood, according to KSAT-TV.

The man, who was featured in a viral video and now stands accused of felony theft, spoke out to Texas television for the first time. According to KSAT, Jimenez told reporters that what happened “was a lapse in judgment that was out of character for him.” The station added, “Jimenez said seeing the hat had the same effect on him that a Ku Klux Klan hood would have had.” He says his family has received threats, and KSAT-TV reported that some are clamoring for police to up the charges to assault.

https://heavy.com/news/2018/07/kino-jimenez-arrested/

skip to :54 second mark to hear kids interviewed:

Edited by zork

16 hours ago, bad_teammate said:

*white kid gets soda thrown at his face*

"OH MY GOD THE CHILDREN! Oh GOOOOOD!"

*brown toddlers get ripped from their mothers arms by armed government agents, never to be returned*

"Hard questions. Many sides."

Over reaction, by you, to both statements.

you man, are a true piece of work.

Why in the f did I  reply? (I ask myself)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, zork said:

So you don't believe the kid?  Did you watch the tape carefully which shows essentially an empty restaurant except for the hat stealing guy and the camera guy he left with(who was well behind him recording/filming) after the snatch and coke toss?

I was more making a general point the use of fighting words. 
 As I've said a few times, I don't have any opinion about either the kid or the witness story. Neither seem particularly credible given my extensive experience as a dumbass in fast food places at 2 AM. I want to know what happened before the video starts. I don't really know what happened, and watching people make assumptions is interesting about the events prior to the video is interesting but disheartening.

16 hours ago, Bozo_Casanova said:

I mean, if you say so. I have no reason to doubt you or doubt what your cousin is telling you because I wasn't there. But I do remember what it was like to be a young dumbass at a fastfood place at 2:30 in the morning, and the video raises more questions than it answers for me. Why does it start when it starts, for example? I just find the idea that they were just sitting there totally minding their own business, and the guy walked up and grabbed the hat, and your cousin starts taking the video record  immediately very odd and somewhat improbable. On the other hand, there is a witness account out there claiming that your cousin was saying racial stuff. It doesn't seem any more or less credible. I'd like to see the security footage from the store. 

Also - campaign paraphernalia is in general the opposite of patriotic in that it glorifies division rather than the nation itslf, and particularly this since the slogan itself can be taken to mean that America is not great. If your cousin doesn't have either the basic sense to know why it's provocative or the  manners not to politicize the fourth of july or the integrity to defend his own physical person it's hard for me to feel much sympathy for the kid. 

In summary: that guy shouldn't have taken your cousin's hat or thrown a drink on him, but that's about as far as my sympathy goes. It's not like he got jumped in the parking lot, which is what happened to me the last time i ran my mouth at Whatabruger after last call. 

@zork this post from above more fully addresses the question you put to me.

7 hours ago, F250 said:

Photo of woman alleged to have assaulted the 92 year old man is below.

"LASD tells FOX 11 they are investigating this case and they believe Rodriguez was attacked from behind.

No arrests have been made yet.

They tell FOX 11 the other assailants who jumped in are three black men between the ages of 20-30."

http://amp.foxla.com/news/local-news/92-year-old-man-viciously-beaten-with-brick-on-4th-of-july-suspects-sought?

DhhjYr8UwAAzhOB?format=jpg

Is that Diamond, or Silk?  I can never remember.

• Like 4

Everyone resorting to violence or even getting into verbal altercations, is wrong.  I understand that people get worked up based on the poor rhetoric by our leaders but they have to restrain themselves.    Even if that means they need to walk away from their #4 with fries and a coke.  

• Like 1

12 hours ago, OatmealRaisinCookie said:

Seems to me that a doorman getting aggro on losers, minors and instigators is exactly the job description. 

No doubt, but if the bar were ever sued for bouncer bashing by this guy, you can be reasonably sure that this incident would be cited as evidence of a known tendency to use inappropriate aggression.

4 hours ago, EastTexan said:

Over reaction, by you, to both statements.

What is the proper reaction to kids being taken away from their parents for 3 months and abused by armed government authority?

*cue continued right-wing silence*

2 hours ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

Everyone resorting to violence or even getting into verbal altercations, is wrong.  I understand that people get worked up based on the poor rhetoric by our leaders but they have to restrain themselves.    Even if that means they need to walk away from their #4 with fries and a coke.  

Is that what we're calling it? "Poor rhetoric"? lol ok

3 minutes ago, bad_teammate said:

What is the proper reaction to kids being taken away from their parents for 3 months and abused by armed government authority?

Add child abuse charges to the parent for dragging the child along to an illegal activity instead of using one of the 9-10 embassies/consulates that we have located in Mexico that could help them enter the country/apply for asylum according to our current laws. 

• Like 3
  • Fuck You 2

Just now, Whitman said:

Add child abuse charges to the parent for dragging the child along to an illegal activity instead of using one of the 9-10 embassies/consulates that we have located in Mexico that could help them enter the country/apply for asylum according to our current laws. 

Is this something you say to be snarky on the Internet or is this genuinely what you think we should do with asylum seekers?

Kind of curious to see if right-wingers have any kind of humanity left in them after 1.5 years of having to sell their souls for the God Emperor.

Just now, bad_teammate said:

Is this something you say to be snarky on the Internet or is this genuinely what you think we should do with asylum seekers?

Kind of curious to see if right-wingers have any kind of humanity left in them after 1.5 years of having to sell their souls for the God Emperor.

It is snarky to say that we/they should follow the current laws? 

If they are bad, then change them.  Selective enforcement of laws is more dangerous/fraught with abuse than most things a government can do.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, zork said:

Unless that family of 4 was sitting in the blind spot there was nobody in that restaurant unless they got scared and hauled ass as the coke thrower came down the aisle?  Does that change your opinion if there were no witnesses?(maybe why the newspaper retracted?)

BTW, the coke thrower doesn't mention rude comments in post arrest interview, he said the hat was what triggered him:

Reveal hidden contents

Kino Jimenez, the man accused of tossing a drink on a Texas teenager wearing a MAGA hat and then walking off with the hat, said the hat was the equivalent to him of seeing a KKK hood, according to KSAT-TV.

The man, who was featured in a viral video and now stands accused of felony theft, spoke out to Texas television for the first time. According to KSAT, Jimenez told reporters that what happened “was a lapse in judgment that was out of character for him.” The station added, “Jimenez said seeing the hat had the same effect on him that a Ku Klux Klan hood would have had.” He says his family has received threats, and KSAT-TV reported that some are clamoring for police to up the charges to assault.

https://heavy.com/news/2018/07/kino-jimenez-arrested/

skip to :54 second mark to hear kids interviewed:

Hahahahaha just look at that fucking nerd. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, David Dennison said:

After seeing and hearing Hunter Richard I have come to the conclusion that yes, he most certainly deserved it.

Kino Jiminez is an American hero.

Don’t worry Hugo, I’m sure any white American triggers you these days, especially the 16 year olds. 

His patriotic tweet must really kill your communist sensibilities. 

He’s more of an adult than you are. Maybe you can go out and scout some whataburger for white people to assault. 

Nice little Sunday, but you’d have to steal the keys from your mom first. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, ChickenSandwich said:

Don’t worry Hugo, I’m sure any white American triggers you these days, especially the 16 year olds. 

His patriotic tweet must really kill your communist sensibilities. 

He’s more of an adult than you are. Maybe you can go out and scout some whataburger for white people to assault. 

Nice little Sunday, but you’d have to steal the keys from your mom first. 

Keep sticking up for your nerd boy James O'Keefe wannabe.

He got what he had coming.

Kino Jiminez deserves a statue for exposing this incel.

18 minutes ago, Whitman said:

It is snarky to say that we/they should follow the current laws? 

Do the current laws say these mothers should be charged with child abuse?

I'll go ahead and ask again. I know it's futile because you guys are so sold down the river by a NY con-man who has convinced you that basic principles don't matter and all that matters is lib tears, but it's not a complicated question and maybe you'll answer honestly:

Do you genuinely and honestly think that the US government should charge asylum-seeking mothers with child abuse? It's yes or no.

I think you said it because you have to reflexively argue with libs. Like so many things right-wingers say right now, I don't think you actually believe your own words.

If they are bad, then change them.  Selective enforcement of laws is more dangerous/fraught with abuse than most things a government can do.

That second sentence is absurd on its face, but there is no law I am aware of that says that we have to destroy these families and charge the mothers with child abuse. Show me that law. You're just being an edgelord.

3 minutes ago, bad_teammate said:

Do you genuinely and honestly think that the US government should charge asylum-seeking mothers with child abuse?

It's not against the law to seek asylum.  Why would we charge a mother who is seeking asylum in the legal manner that we have currently in our laws, with child abuse, unless she committed child abuse in the process? 

7 minutes ago, David Dennison said:

Keep sticking up for your nerd boy James O'Keefe wannabe.

He got what he had coming.

Kino Jiminez deserves a statue for exposing this incel.

They should both be immortalized in a statue. Recreate the scene in bronze or marble or whatever.

Nothing captures the spirit of contemporary America better than a jackass attacking a douchebag in the most juvenile fashion imaginable.

• Like 5

2 minutes ago, Whitman said:

It's not against the law to seek asylum.  Why would we charge a mother who is seeking asylum in the legal manner that we have currently in our laws, with child abuse, unless she committed child abuse in the process? 

Let me ask again in even more specific terms in the completely vain hope you'll answer the question:

Do you think asylum-seeking mothers who do unauthorized border crossings should be charged with child abuse and have their children taken away

6 minutes ago, formermav43 said:

They should both be immortalized in a statue. Recreate the scene in bronze or marble or whatever.

Nothing captures the spirit of contemporary America better than a jackass attacking a douchebag in the most juvenile fashion imaginable.

I'd be down with that.

4 minutes ago, bad_teammate said:

Let me ask again in even more specific terms in the completely vain hope you'll answer the question:

Do you think asylum-seeking mothers who do unauthorized border crossings should be charged with child abuse and have their children taken away

I directly answered the previous question you asked. 

Regarding this new question, I have two thoughts on it.  One, and most importantly, we should follow the law as it is currently written whatever that is until or if it is changed.  Two, my personal opinion is that if someone crossed the border illegally that they should be returned to whatever border they came from and told that we understand and appreciate that you want to come here, but we have a legal process and it needs to be followed/adhered to, as we are a country of laws.  If they choose not to cooperate with this return,  then they need to enter the legal system and custody.   Yes custody, not released.  According to current law, they aren't supposed to be here anymore than I am supposed to be roaming the halls of Jerry Jones' house.  100% of what happens to the child is on the parent and their choice.   They have now had two choices not to take a chance and break up a family and failed both times.  

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, Whitman said:

I directly answered the previous question you asked. 

You didn't. 

You deflected by saying that we should follow "current law" (it is not current law to charge these women with child abuse).

You deflected by saying, "no we shouldn't charge those following the legal process", purposefully ignorant those who cross illegally.

Regarding this new question, I have two thoughts on it.  One, and most importantly, we should follow the law as it is currently written whatever that is until or if it is changed. 

Does the law say to charge them with child abuse?

If yes, what law specifically?

If no, why do you advocate harsher punishments and more forceful armed government intervention than the law currently calls for?

Two, my personal opinion is that if someone crossed the border illegally that they should be returned to whatever border they came from and told that we understand and appreciate that you want to come here, but we have a legal process and it needs to be followed/adhered to, as we are a country of laws.  If they choose not to cooperate with this return,  then they need to enter the legal system and custody.   Yes custody, not released.  According to current law, they aren't supposed to be here anymore than I am supposed to be roaming the halls of Jerry Jones' house.  100% of what happens to the child is on the parent and their choice.   They have now had two choices not to take a chance and break up a family and failed both times.  

Really? The US government has 0% responsibility for the actions of the US government?

Prosecutorial discretion doesn't exist?

(Also, you talk exactly the way authoritarians talk.)

15 hours ago, Bozo_Casanova said:

A guy I know was actually physically attacked because he was wearing an Obama shirt. My wife’s car was also keyed because of an Obama sticker she had.

My Chicago buddy’s Tahoe was keyed and festooned with anti-right bumper stickers.

-I would advocate more for the enforcement (or change) of current laws and see if that works.  If it doesn't work, then the punishment isn't enough and should be increased if we as a country want to stop the illegal immigration. 

-The gov't didn't put the kid in the position, the parent did.  That's on them as long as we enforce consistently.

-You know that discretion does exist.  I personally think that they should charge here.  Especially with a child and putting them in harm's way.  If our system is bad, work to change it, don't ignore it.

-If labeling me authoritarian helps you, that's fine, I'll sleep OK tonight (I didn't cross illegally into Canada or Mexico or any other country... :) ).  As I've said here before, selective enforcement of laws is a very dangerous thing.

-The best way to get a bad law repealed is to enforce it strictly. -Abraham Lincoln

-Anything is a dildo if you are brave enough. -Abraham Lincoln.

Edited by Whitman

He’s like the Gavrilo Princeps of the week

14 minutes ago, Chrispy said:

A 30 year old pushing around a 16 year old? What a gigantic pussy. 

Someone pushed someone?

12 minutes ago, Whitman said:

-I would advocate more for the enforcement (or change) of current laws and see if that works.

Like what?

If it doesn't work, then the punishment isn't enough and should be increased if we as a country want to stop the illegal immigration. 

This is literally how authoritarians think. To solve a problem, real or perceived, increase government violence.

-The gov't didn't put the kid in the position, the parent did.  That's on them as long as we enforce consistently.

The government didn't make the decision to separate the families? The government didn't enforce that decision with armed authority? 

-You know that discretion does exist.  I personally think that they should charge here.  Especially with a child and putting them in harm's way.  If our system is bad, work to change it, don't ignore it.

So you accept that prosecutorial discretion exists, but you just think it should be used to increase the pain of mothers fleeing violence with their children. Yes, good.

21 minutes ago, bad_teammate said:

Someone pushed someone?

Like what?

This is literally how authoritarians think. To solve a problem, real or perceived, increase government violence.

The government didn't make the decision to separate the families? The government didn't enforce that decision with armed authority? 

So you accept that prosecutorial discretion exists, but you just think it should be used to increase the pain of mothers fleeing violence with their children. Yes, good.

And you believe any economic migrant that can make it to the border should be granted asylum. Most adults agree that that plan is suicide for our country. 

Handling an illegal invasion is not easy or pretty. And it is an invasion. When we have all of our housing complexes overwhelmed and we are scrambling to create wall mart cities, that is an invasion. 

Your politics of emotion and think of the children is just your latest avenue to open borders. 

They 100% created the situation they put their child in, as Mexico is to blame as well for not following asylum law.

If there are no consequences or limitations to immigration, then we have no border. 

Sadly these children are still being treated better than by smugglers and coyotes. An old wall mart is a hell of a lot better than the back of a semi in the desert. 

All of this money spent could be going towards something useful like better funding for our schools, but that doesn’t win elections.  Adding the city of San Marcos worth of unskilled economic migrants each year is not sustainable.

You just want to burn it all down. 

Edited by ChickenSandwich
  • Like 2

Just now, ChickenSandwich said:

And you believe any economic migrant that can make it to the border should be granted asylum. Most adults agree that that plan is suicide for our country. 

Donald Trump was duly elected president. An argument relying on what "most adults agree" on is not a good argument.

Handling an illegal invasion is not easy or pretty. And it is an invasion. When we have all of our housing complexes overwhelmed and we are scrambling to create wall mart cities, that is an invasion. 

Neither of these things is true.

If there are no consequences or limitations to immigration, then we have no border. 

Consequences do not matter unless they are harsher than the widespread gang violence these people are fleeing from. Reactionary punishment is not how to solve this (real or perceived) problem.

Sadly these children are still being treated better than by smugglers and coyotes. An old wall mart is a hell of a lot better than the back of a semi in the desert. 

And you want that to change, yes? You want us to be worse than the smugglers and coyotes in order to deter women and children fleeing violence?

All of this money spent could be going towards something useful like better funding for our schools, but that doesn’t win elections. 

"This money spent"... on what? What we're doing now is not only cruel, it's economically inefficient. A far more economically efficient option is to intake these people humanely and allow them to stay with family/friends inside our borders while we work through a process to get them to tax-paying citizenship.

You just want to burn it all down. 

Burn what down?

32 minutes ago, bad_teammate said:

Someone pushed someone?

Like what?

Pushing one around is a common idiom. 

1 hour ago, bad_teammate said:

Donald Trump was duly elected president. An argument relying on what "most adults agree" on is not a good argument.

Neither of these things is true.

Consequences do not matter unless they are harsher than the widespread gang violence these people are fleeing from. Reactionary punishment is not how to solve this (real or perceived) problem.

And you want that to change, yes? You want us to be worse than the smugglers and coyotes in order to deter women and children fleeing violence?

"This money spent"... on what? What we're doing now is not only cruel, it's economically inefficient. A far more economically efficient option is to intake these people humanely and allow them to stay with family/friends inside our borders while we work through a process to get them to tax-paying citizenship.

Burn what down?

As the number of illegal immigrants is about to pass the number of African Americans in this country, where do they flee to to escape their harsh economic realities?  

When someone steals or sells drugs to provide for their families, you have no bleeding heart?  Do you want to see what splitting up families looks like?  Go to a penitentiary on family visitation day  

I’d rather spend our resources bringing up Americans and improving their situations before we take on all of the problems of a continent.   

12 minutes ago, ChickenSandwich said:

As the number of illegal immigrants is about to pass the number of African Americans in this country, where do they flee to to escape their harsh economic realities?  

I’d rather spend our resources bringing up Americans and improving their situations before we take on all of the problems of a continent.   

So I suppose you support things like free college tuition, free healthcare, and an increased minimum wage for all US citizens? 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, ChickenSandwich said:

What the hell are you talking about? What does the number of illegal immigrants have to do with the black population? Are you a poorly programmed robot?

The problems outside our borders exist regardless of whether or not we want them to. This is why AMERICA FIRST isolationism makes no sense. Ignorance at home does not make the world abroad disappear. The only thing we can do here is choose how we address the problems abroad.

And I don't actually believe you ... I do not think you actually want to use our resources to bring up Americans and improve their situations. Isn't your political belief that we need to reduce utilization of our resources overall?

12 minutes ago, DixonHur said:

So I suppose you support things like free college tuition, free healthcare, and an increased minimum wage for all US citizens? 

Repeal Jus Soli, reform immigration to a merit based system (but increase from 1-3 million and reevaluate if everything else working to add more in 10yrs), add national biometric ID, add robust guest worker program, tie entitlements for able bodied recipients to government work programs, properly pay teachers to attract real talent and we’ve got a deal. 

Fuck yes

*and find a way to help Mexico become a solvent nation again

24 minutes ago, ChickenSandwich said:

Repeal Jus Soli, reform immigration to a merit based system (but increase from 1-3 million and reevaluate if everything else working to add more in 10yrs), add national biometric ID, add robust guest worker program, tie entitlements for able bodied recipients to government work programs, properly pay teachers to attract real talent and we’ve got a deal. 

Fuck yes

Nothing really wrong with this.  But not just merit based, we still need to take those seeking asylum - cap it if you like (not sure how?), and really vet out true asylum seekers vs those just looking to cut the line.  And Mexico really isn't doing that poorly...many of the issues come from south of their border.  By purchasing power parity Mexico has the 11th best economy in the world.  So that's not an issue.  If  you want to talk about crime/cartels, I hear you. 

Edited by ChiTownDoc

24 minutes ago, ChickenSandwich said:

Fuck yes

Walk us through repealing jus soli in the United States.

1 hour ago, ChickenSandwich said:

Fuck yes

I don't disagree with your suggestions on immigration reform, but that doesn't answer the question of how to bring up, and improve the situation of disadvantaged Americans.

• Like 1

If I get in a fight at Whataburger, it’s because you’ve fucked with my whatasized #2 with cheese and sweet tea combo, motherfucker.  Knock off my hat, I don’t care.  Glance at my burger and it’s fucking on.

Edited by Goredho
  • Like 3

11 hours ago, Bozo_Casanova said:

“Supporting the president” is not fighting words.
However, it is quite common for both the president himself and his supporters to express themselves in fighting words, and they act surprised when the people they provoke and insult are willing to fight. He’s setting a really poor example and too many his supporters are following it.

Where is the proof of this because all we have now is an angry adult picking on a kid. 

9 hours ago, Bozo_Casanova said:

@zork this post from above more fully addresses the question you put to me.

Sure, but did you see anyone else in the restaurant when you watched the video?  

BTW, apparently there was a gofundme set up for the coke thrower and then it was taken down, reportedly.

5 hours ago, bad_teammate said:

*cue continued right-wing silence*

Is that what we're calling it? "Poor rhetoric"? lol ok

Not what you wrote. You a cnn, msnbc, rest of the left pundit. I know (yea sure) you don't watch them, but you repeat the lefty talking points to T. 

5 hours ago, bad_teammate said:

Look guys, I know the Holocaust was bad, but wouldn't it have been worse if they DIDN'T do it? Makes you think.

Makes me think you are a cornball bitch. When all else fails its muuuuuh holocaust!!!!  Go punch some kids broseph. 

Edited by Clintonaldo