2023 - 2024 Dallas Mavericks Season Thread - I'm watching, just like you guys

gsoda3

49 minutes ago, Get ln My Van said:

Gafford has had a huge drop off from the regular season and PJ is just a fuck up

Yes, and lol. PJ aside from a couple of easy misses has been nails. 

48 minutes ago, Firemans4Horn said:

image.gif.76afe0d0c59b3422374870352e74f80d.gif

There was a stretch in the 2nd quarter where Luka looked awful. Not his best game but that’s over thank god. 

47 minutes ago, Get ln My Van said:

Green has been our best role player by far 

Reactionary…

45 minutes ago, Firemans4Horn said:

That’s like being the tallest midget

….garbage. Lively and Kleber were solid tonight. 

43 minutes ago, LurkingHorn said:

If we didn’t see Maxi the rest of the series, I would not be mad about it. 

Dude

42 minutes ago, gsoda3 said:

we lose every game maxi does not play.

Maxi’s defense keeps him on the court. People don’t realize this. The 3s tonight were absolutely huge, both of them. 

27 minutes ago, Get ln My Van said:

PJ isn’t built for this shit

He was a bonafide 3rd wheel tonight. I don’t know what you were watching all night. 

2 minutes ago, gsoda3 said:

that's about how we've been playing the past 2 months.  lockdown defense and ok enough offense.  at times ugly offense, at time high octane v12 but mostly ok.

I don’t mind ugly offense if they make their layups and free throws.  If that happens, this game isn’t very close at the end. 

6 minutes ago, Rex Kramer said:

He was a bonafide 3rd wheel tonight. I don’t know what you were watching all night. 

I was watching him miss gimme shots and generally being a fuck up. He stepped up at the end hence why I posted “Shut me up then PJ”. He still played like ass the first half.

• Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, Get ln My Van said:

I was watching him miss gimme shots and generally being a fuck up. He stepped up at the end hence why I posted “Shut me up then PJ”. He still played like ass the first half.

He played fantastic D the whole game and it was most noticeable in the first half when he had 2 blocks. Offensively he was bad. I recall a missed layup and 2 missed FTs. He then missed a few more gimmes early in the third.  Overall I’ll take 18 and 6 and 2 from a 3rd guy in a low scoring, tight defensive game. 

Maxi can be frustrating offensively sometimes, but he is an absolute animal and has proven over and over he is not afraid of big moments. It is so satisfying watching him frustrate the shit out of Leonard. 

• Hook 'Em 1

I cussed PJ on my text chain as well at a point where we had nobody but Luka/Kyrie in double digits, then I think he made like 4 straight shots so you all weren't the only ones.  They clearly need him to win this series and he came up big on O down the stretch (and yes, great D throughout).

• Hook 'Em 1

21 hours ago, Rex Kramer said:

Maxi’s defense keeps him on the court. People don’t realize this. The 3s tonight were absolutely huge, both of them. 

20 hours ago, ITHorn said:

Maxi can be frustrating offensively sometimes, but he is an absolute animal and has proven over and over he is not afraid of big moments. It is so satisfying watching him frustrate the shit out of Leonard. 

On a good defensive night where the two star players helped set the tone, Maxi had the best defensive per attempt at 3 for 17.

• Like 1