Wtf is wrong with you LA area soccer clubs?

closetohumping

I stopped playing league soccer because some dudes took that shit way too seriously. Some of the tackles were dangerous as shit. Some of those idiots played games thinking there were professional scouts watching the games and that they would be discovered.

Dude, it's a weekend league full of almost in shape dudes who are just trying not to blow out a knee. Chill.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, usmc0331horn said:

Why do Americans take a sport that Americans aren't even good at that seriously?

LOL. Some what nationality is "good" enough to play soccer?

Yeah! Why fucking do anything if you aren't good enough to go pro! 

I didn't recognize you and I didn't know why I had you on IGNORE. I showed your post and am reminded why I had you on IGNORE.

Edited by crash_davis
  • Hook 'Em 1

My son's club team (U18) joined a men's UPSL league.  Their fans became enraged that we (the kids' parents) were cheering our team on as they beat the shit out of an older team.  (Amateur pro tip:  it's really hard for most mid-20's guys to keep up with extremely fit HS seniors.)

Eventually the ref pulled a yellow card on their FANS.  The game finally ended.  Then, out of nowhere, the other team rushed the stands and tried their damndest to start a brawl with us.  Fortunately, they were pussies at heart and none of us took the bait.  It was the weirdest fucking night.

Soccer, serious bidness.

• Haha 2

I felt really bad for the dude lying on the ground out cold from a kick to the head while on the ground… until I rewatched the video and saw that he attempted (and whiffed) a similar bitch move a few seconds earlier. And then I read the article and it looks like the knocked out dude was a PARENT. And if you watch closely, he jumped in to attack a guy who was sucker punched by another parent who also sucker punched a player. 

Dipshit got what he deserved. Karma, motherfucker.

Both kids have been playing soccer since they were very little.  Both play in HS.  Both came up select and then academy including overseas trips.  The girl played ODP in addition to ECNL.

It drives you F'ing crazy.  My son, every team he played with other Spanish speaking kids, they would motherfuck you in spanish the entire game.  Multiple fights each season, multiple parents thrown out (that speak and understand the cursing in spanish).  The girls team has had fights as well - including fists thrown, hair pulled, etc. in addition to the language and cursing.  

One fight on the boys side, our goalies mom is super protective - other dads son was a striker so he's camped out on our side, right in line with her son screaming at his son and our goalie in spanish.  She gets RIGHT next to him and is yelling for her son, and he pushes her.  All hell broke loose.

Both my kids play, but fuck soccer.....

I'm on the front end of a similar track and it's amazing the assholishness of soccer parents.  shit I witnessed a fist fight between parents when the kids were 3v3 small field no goalie.  like 3-5 years old.  

any spectator who threw a punch should get a lifetime ban.  Probably unenforceable, but that should be a bright red line.

• Hook 'Em 1

2 hours ago, closetohumping said:

The racial slur stuff sounds familiar. Didn’t this happen when coppell played Brownsville Porter?  The racial taunts.  Living in Irvine I wouldn’t rule it out but do find it hard to believe 

Happens all the time across multiple sports in Texas and other states. 

Csb: Worst I ever personally heard of was the regional soccer final between San Antonio Reagan and Brownsville Rivera in 2015 or 2016. Nothing but “fresas” (wealthy white Mexican nationals) on the field for Reagan, nothing but morenos on the field for Brownsville Rivera. Super chippy game with some really horrendous insults being thrown around by both teams. Rivera rolled their asses though and ended up winning state.

• Hook 'Em 3

19 hours ago, jimmyjazz said:

This was quite the shot to the kisser . . . definitely did some damage.  It's hard to follow who is who in terms of parents, spectators, etc. but this looks a little crime-y:

image.png.d06c1f43f730ddc26c20d92d2d2dbcd9.png

19 hours ago, Incredulity said:

absolutely.  That guy is out when the video stops.  kicking someone in the head should rate an extremely serious charge.

See my previous post. That kick was pure karma.

I coach U13 boys. A few weeks ago, a ref let a game get out of hand. Goalie came out for a hard charge. Ref called a penalty on the goalie (outside the box). Problem was a kid on the opposing team ran up and shoved the goalie. Kid should have gotten a red. Things escalated and ended up with a mom hitting a player about 5 minutes later. Ref ends the game early.

• Like 1