Texas vs Rice- 8pm on LHN

shadow_operative

Team is missing Disu's 78% FT shooting. 

Shedrick is in line with his mid-70% he had last year. Hunter shooting a touch better than last year (in the 80s). Abmas down a bit, but he's usually near 90%, so not worried.  Same with Weaver (mid-70% last year). 

Onyema is in line with his pretty bad average (~55%). Terrible.  Same with Mitchell (40.5% last year). 

Going to be Hack-a-Dillon in crunch time. Ball needs to stay with Shedrick, Abmas, Hunter, Disu and Brock in crunch time fouling situations. 

5 minutes ago, Degenerate Gardner said:

I’ll give Lowell even more credit: he’s been just fine through 2 games, managing to stay connected to in-game action rather than drifting into irrelevance and inanity. 

Someone makes a bank shot off the glass. "OHHH! The bank is open!! Bruce, do you need to make a deposit??? Do you need to withdraw some funds??? Do you need to see a loan officer???"

Yep got it Lowell. It went off the backboard. 

• Rage+1 1

13 minutes ago, Degenerate Gardner said:

I’ll give Lowell even more credit: he’s been just fine through 2 games, managing to stay connected to in-game action rather than drifting into irrelevance and inanity. 

I liked “The Brockstar”

• Hook 'Em 1

I'm not too worried about our free throw shooting. We have the pieces to be fantastic from the line.  I'm going to assume the players are just not in great shape yet and that is translating into poor FT shooting (i.e. tired players leaving them short and being out of rhythm). 

• Hook 'Em 2

we’re going to be fine from the line.

IMG_1912.thumb.jpeg.1dabd2f33345f83f40f77d6e1e3fedbe.jpeg

first off dillon is not going to be our third most prolific FT shooter all year, so that will help. same with onyema. Abmas (92% FT last year) clearly needs to get to the line more. Horton is a career 80% shooter and his % is going to go up. Disu has shot 80% from the line during two years at Texas. weaver is shooting 50% but his stroke from the line last night looked pure. i was very impressed.

this WILL be the best/most clutch FT shooting team we’ve had in a long time. picture this lineup on the court to close out games:

Abmas- 92% last year, 88% for his career

Hunter- 82% FT shooter at Texas

Brock- 84% FT shooter the last two years

Disu- 80% FT shooter at Texas

Shedrick- 79% FT shooter last year

that is insane. that’s not just good, or very good, or excellent- it’s absolutely insane. we are going to be just fine from the FT line.

Edited by shadow_operative

2 hours ago, shadow_operative said:

Abmas- 92% last year, 88% for his career

Hunter- 82% FT shooter at Texas

Brock- 84% FT shooter the last two years

Disu- 80% FT shooter at Texas

Shedrick- 79% FT shooter last year

Sure, go ahead and foul us. 😎

Thanks for compiling that for us, wicked line-up for the last two minutes of our 2024 championship game.  🏆

I think we will be much better defensively on the interior. Onyema and Shedrick seem like real dudes inside. Disu is more of a scorer and Bishop did some nice things defensively but I don't think he was a huge presence inside. 

The question on defense will be the perimeter. Guys like Abmas and Horton have never really been defenders. 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Red Five said:

Someone makes a bank shot off the glass. "OHHH! The bank is open!! Bruce, do you need to make a deposit??? Do you need to withdraw some funds??? Do you need to see a loan officer???"

Yep got it Lowell. It went off the backboard. 

He just won't shut up. at all. ever.  Gus Johnson has ruined everything

11 hours ago, shadow_operative said:

weaver has such a pure stroke from the foul line, so im hopeful that he can become an at least reliable shooter. athletically and defensively he appears ready to roll. 

Weaver just needs to relax a little. Right now his athleticism is a liability, not an asset.  Once the game slows down for him and he plays more under control, he could be very good.  Kind of like Kerwin Roach.