NFL Week 13

shadow_operative2.0

On 12/4/2023 at 9:55 PM, Firemans4Horn said:

Can the Jaguars not afford a golf cart? Why do they have him stumbling out of the stadium on a bad knee/ankle? 

TLaw reads Surly. 

Jaguars quarterback Trevor Lawrence wanted to make something perfectly clear: The team did have a cart available to take him off the field after he injured his right ankle against Cincinnati on Monday night.

He just didn't want to use it.

Lawrence said Wednesday that he was pretty close to the tunnel entrance and felt like it would be quicker for him to walk with some help to the EverBank Stadium locker room and X-ray facility than to wait for the cart to maneuver its way through the extra equipment to get to him. So that's what he did -- although he did admit he might have had some regret.

"We talked about getting a cart and I was going to get a cart, and then I'm standing there and I'm already on the sideline at that point, the tunnel's right there, I just wanted to get off the field, get out of there," Lawrence said. "I didn't know what was going on with my ankle, and I felt like I could get off [the field]. I was like, 'Hey, you're good. Just don't bring it out. I'm going in.'

"And then once I got in there [the hallway], I'm like, 'This is a pretty long walk.' They asked again if I wanted a cart. I'm like, 'No, we're going to make it the whole way there.'" 

• Haha 1