• slim/nofold
    • bifold (seinfeld special)
    • traditional trifold
    • tall passport case
    • cellphone integrated (eg folio)
    • a purse
    • brassiere/socks/bottom of shoe

On 12/12/2023 at 5:16 AM, Your Mom said:

Slim cellphone case holds 3 cards. DL, debit card, credit card.  That’s all I carry. Cash in a money clip sometimes, sometimes not.  

I keep a second wallet in my truck with all the cards that I don’t really need on a daily basis. Medical insurance,, random membership, other credit cards, etc..  It never leaves the truck. 

I'll admit it.  I'm getting a bit of old guy brain.  A couple of years ago I left the house a few times but left my wallet at home.  Never once left my phone behind.  So I got the integrated wallet/phone case.  Holds six cards (DL, Mil ID, debit card, Costco/credit card, grocery club card, shooting club card) and a few bills.  Have never left home without it since.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

Yeah, anything I don’t use almost every day gets kept in a traditional wallet in my truck.  I never carry that one, just grab what i need from it when i need it.  That includes the backup CC, all membership cards, all insurance cards, etc…  I just kept paring it down until I ended up with 3 items.  Now that I think about it, I could get through most days with just 2 cards.  

This is the one I have.  It’s doesn’t even really have a pocket, it just sits slightly off the back of your phone so there’s a small gap between case and phone for the cards.  I like it.

https://scoochcase.com/products/wingmate-for-iphone-13-mini

• Hook 'Em 1

On 12/12/2023 at 11:19 AM, Zwylde said:

When it gets stretched out too much I reach in my desk drawer and get a fresh new one.  Been just fine for the last 20 years or so.

IMG_1914.jpeg

Same for me the last ~20 years and it'll probably be that way until the end. Prior to that I used a more traditional money clip, and before that a bi-fold.

On 12/12/2023 at 11:19 AM, Zwylde said:

When it gets stretched out too much I reach in my desk drawer and get a fresh new one.  Been just fine for the last 20 years or so.

IMG_1914.jpeg

Same, but after running through a few clips after just a few months each I eliminated a couple useless cards and have been on the same one for 10+ years now. 

• Like 1

^

that's a lovely accessory.  Do they make it for men? ;) 

For y'all that have those RFID/metal deals......been thinking about getting one since I'll have to bring a new access card/parking card with me next year to this new building?  I don't mind obviously taking the card(s) out and scanning them (no swipe, just a touch deal like a chip payment thing).  But is there a good brand you'd recommend where you can just keep everything in there still and just tap the whole wallet against the reader?  No big deal when you're inside at the door but a few years ago I'd have to take it out at the parking garage sentry and invariably it'd fall out and you gotta wiggle your ass out the truck between doors and crouch down to find the card, etc.  I'm getting old...

• Hook 'Em 1

20 hours ago, YGIFS said:

^

that's a lovely accessory.  Do they make it for men? ;) 

For y'all that have those RFID/metal deals......been thinking about getting one since I'll have to bring a new access card/parking card with me next year to this new building?  I don't mind obviously taking the card(s) out and scanning them (no swipe, just a touch deal like a chip payment thing).  But is there a good brand you'd recommend where you can just keep everything in there still and just tap the whole wallet against the reader?  No big deal when you're inside at the door but a few years ago I'd have to take it out at the parking garage sentry and invariably it'd fall out and you gotta wiggle your ass out the truck between doors and crouch down to find the card, etc.  I'm getting old...

I have not found it’s the wallet but the card. I can set that big ass thing against doors and the card will tap.  It will also tap inside a minimalist wallet. The cards that won’t tap, won’t tap regardless of wallet. 

that’s been my experience. YMMV. 

• Like 1

Yeah, I guess I'll try out the cards first with my existing, old-ass clip.  And then figure in January, after holiday return policies relax...I can go get something new and try it out with the price stickers still on it 'n shit and if doesn't work, just return/exchange it.  Was hoping to avoid going to the mall ever, let alone return season in January.  But I need a new one and got too much digital shit in there now, need to make a change I suppose.