• slim/nofold
    • bifold (seinfeld special)
    • traditional trifold
    • tall passport case
    • cellphone integrated (eg folio)
    • a purse
    • brassiere/socks/bottom of shoe

10 minutes ago, Paper_jam said:

When I was 13-14 years old, I got a trifold black nylon wallet with velcro closure, "Flying Scotsman" brand. Almost 40 years later I still use it as my primary wallet, despite getting leather wallets as gifts probably 15 times in the intervening years, which I usually regift.

Doesn't smell too good though. Can you wash a wallet?

I've always thought that wallets made for absolutely terrible gifts because of so many different possible preferences that people can have. And it's something that a person will rely on and use so frequently that it's kind of a shitty imposition for a gift-giver to presume to know someone's preferences, and/or expect them to abandon those preferences on the basis of having received a gift. 

I kind of feel the same way about watches as gifts, at least if they aren't very carefully considered. 

• Like 1
  • Rage+1 1

RFID protectors, front pocket, open carry, hidden compartments, etc.?  Where the hell do some of you live?  Just my non-digital protected clip in the back pocket with a day's worth of cash, have a CHL but never carry, just go on about my business on 3 continents.  If somebody fucks with you or steals your shit, just move on.  It is beyond your wildest dreams how easy it is to have somebody killed if they've wronged you.  And it's cheaper than some of the custom leather shit y'all are humblebragging about.  What happen to our species? 

42 minutes ago, CooterBrown said:

Once you go front pocket wallet, you won’t go back.

Travelambo Front Pocket Minimalist Leather Slim Wallet RFID Blocking Medium Size https://a.co/d/jgyhqOr

I had the same wallet for 30 years and finally replaced it with the same exact thing and then bought a front pocket wallet for a trip abroad and thought “what the fuck am I doing with my life” and haven’t put a wallet in my back pocket since.

• Hook 'Em 4

13 hours ago, Celery Man said:

I had the same wallet for 30 years and finally replaced it with the same exact thing and then bought a front pocket wallet for a trip abroad and thought “what the fuck am I doing with my life” and haven’t put a wallet in my back pocket since.

You don't realize how uncomfortable sitting on a wallet is until you go front pocket.  I can't imagine going back to the stone ages with a bi or tri fold.  There's also the convenience of flashing your ID without having to open a wallet and remove it.  Previously, I wouldn't have thought saving 5 seconds would be a game changer, but it is.

Edited by CooterBrown

I've carried a Costanza wallet all my life, but may make a change soon. Rojo Jr started carrying a wallet when he turned 16 and got his DL and debit card. Prior to that, he had the little stick on pouch on the back of his phone case. About a month after he got his first wallet (one someone gave me that I'd never used) he lost it at a school event. I ordered him a slim aluminum one from Amazon that had a spot for an air tag. It's got room for 4-5 cards, a money clip on one side, and an indention for an air tag with a screw down cover on the other side. Whole thing is about as thick as an iPhone. The air tag has already saved him twice. Now that so many loyalty card/insurance cards, etc are available as apps/eCards, I may move to something like Rojo Jrs. 

37 minutes ago, Pescado_Rojo said:

I've carried a Costanza wallet all my life, but may make a change soon. Rojo Jr started carrying a wallet when he turned 16 and got his DL and debit card. Prior to that, he had the little stick on pouch on the back of his phone case. About a month after he got his first wallet (one someone gave me that I'd never used) he lost it at a school event. I ordered him a slim aluminum one from Amazon that had a spot for an air tag. It's got room for 4-5 cards, a money clip on one side, and an indention for an air tag with a screw down cover on the other side. Whole thing is about as thick as an iPhone. The air tag has already saved him twice. Now that so many loyalty card/insurance cards, etc are available as apps/eCards, I may move to something like Rojo Jrs. 

The problem with an iPhone wallet is that it keeps you from using the wireless charging pads. I have a charging pad next to my desk at work and at home, and another by my bed. I rarely plug in my phone. 

18 hours ago, nnm said:

I have a bellroy slimfold bifold that I’ve used for about 10 years. It started out nice and slim as advertised, but gradually ended up about the same thickness as every other billfold that I have had through the years. Stupid Specs, grocery store, Costco, etc loyalty cards blow the slim wallet.
I also have a bellroy sleeve that I keep in my travel bag. When overseas, I pull out my ID and one or two credit cards and put them in the sleeve. Together with the hotel keycard, that’s all I need and it stays in my front pocket. 

My Apex currently holds 6 cards plus my driver's license. Only issue is that it doesn't leave a ton of room for bills as they have to be folded - 3 or 4 max.

Got something similar to this about 10 years ago, except 3x card slots are vertical.  2x debit and acompany CC.   Has middle pocket that fits hunting license, DL, and car insurance. Front pocket.    $250 or so in cash because you never know. 

https://www.bullhidebelts.com/products/genuine-brown-alligator-money-clip-wallet?variant=23459613190&currency=USD&utm_medium=product_sync&utm_source=google&utm_content=sag_organic&utm_campaign=sag_organic&gad_source=1&gclid=Cj0KCQiAyeWrBhDDARIsAGP1mWQLC6al3Z90G3aKi9QEYvfsrsxoA1qZ4x-xiYxILNDUlO6mZs9G1-MaAhMNEALw_wcB

13 hours ago, smuggs said:

My Apex currently holds 6 cards plus my driver's license. Only issue is that it doesn't leave a ton of room for bills as they have to be folded - 3 or 4 max.

Serious questions. Other than a DL and credit card, what else do you carry?

1. DL
  2. Credit card
  3. ____ 
  4. ____ 
  5. ____ 
  6. ____ 

I've carried my medical insurance card since 2016 when I started having seizures. But otherwise I don't see the purpose of carrying anything else.

The notion of sitting on your wallet is bullshit unless you do the pants drag/ prison fuck bullshit.

Maybe I'm just weird the way, but wallet doesn't hang down to my hip bone that I am sitting on.  Never has.

6 hours ago, Superhero said:

1. DL
  2. Credit card
  3. ____ 
  4. ____ 
  5. ____ 
  6. ____ 

I've carried my medical insurance card since 2016 when I started having seizures. But otherwise I don't see the purpose of carrying anything else.

DL

primary credit

debit/ATM

company credit

insurance card

kroger card

sams card

7 hours ago, Superhero said:

1. DL
  2. Credit card
  3. ____ 
  4. ____ 
  5. ____ 
  6. ____ 

1.) DL

2.) Primary CC

3.) Costco CC

4.) Groceries CC

5.) Health Ins Card

6.) Debit Card

7.) Tesla Key Card

8.) Work Prox Key Card

9.) Vehicle Ins 

I have a two fold slim leather wallet that I got for $20 at the State Fair. Does the job. I gave up the fat wallet a long time ago. No need to carry that many random cards that I never use. I carry my DL, 2 CCs, Debit Card, Insurance card, and have a rotating card in the back slot for things like Sam's Club or car wash gift card. 

On 12/12/2023 at 10:37 AM, slorch said:

Crederick cards got me.

Reminded me of a late colleague who used to make words up on the fly.  Dude would be presenting to decision makers and leaders about a prorated rebate for a partial year, “ Yeah, and of course your rebate will be in the form of a proporation since we’re starting in June.”  We’d be dying trying not to laugh, but his strengths outweighed his lexicon issues, and he’d still get the sales.

Brought back good memories of the company I worked for and the original owner.

I'm not sure he actually made up words on the fly, as much as he had some type of speech impediment. For example, the word "problem". He always said "probrem". There were quite a few more but that is the one that really stuck out.

RIP, I sure miss that guy.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Superhero said:

1. DL
  2. Credit card
  3. ____ 
  4. ____ 
  5. ____ 
  6. ____ 

DL

Primary CC

Secondary CC

Corporate card

Debit

Insurance card

FSA card

couple loyalty cards I think I can get an e-card for apple wallet now.

Hunting/Fishing license

Usually a few business cards I've collected at meetings or conferences

receipts I need to expense for work

Cash

What insane commute do some of y'all make to work in the morning you need your fucking hunting license with you?  I have a fishing license that I grab and take with me, when I'm...you know...going fishing.  
I do take some extra shit with me when traveling for work (business CC, global entry card, vaccine card, etc.).  but just tooling around Austin to/from school and the office.  Barebones minimum.  Who the fuck are guys fighting on the access road you need all this shit with you?  

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, YGIFS said:

What insane commute do some of y'all make to work in the morning you need your fucking hunting license with you?  I have a fishing license that I grab and take with me, when I'm...you know...going fishing.  
I do take some extra shit with me when traveling for work (business CC, global entry card, vaccine card, etc.).  but just tooling around Austin to/from school and the office.  Barebones minimum.  Who the fuck are guys fighting on the access road you need all this shit with you?  

My fishing license is in my wallet. I keep a rod and tackle box in the car. Never know when I'm gonna spot a pond that looks fishy.

Edited by Deej
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 3

Much as I love a spontaneous fishing excursion on the way to work...the one time I was driving through Austin traffic, I came upon a pond and thought, "glad I have my rod and tackle".  Turns out it wasn't a pond though.  IT WAS PISS!  THEY'RE FISHING IN PISS!  SOYLENT GREEN ISN'T EVEN THE NAME OF THE POND.  I dunno, I was in a bad place back then...

The king ranch trifold latigo tooled dark maroon. I've been meaning to buy it again but looks like the website it out. Family and friends appreciate it but it's only really happened twice that it was complimented completely out of the blue by a stranger.  Anyone know how to refurbish a leather wallet? Needs minor work but not exactly sure how to go about it. 

7 hours ago, achooloco said:

The king ranch trifold latigo tooled dark maroon. I've been meaning to buy it again but looks like the website it out. Family and friends appreciate it but it's only really happened twice that it was complimented completely out of the blue by a stranger.  Anyone know how to refurbish a leather wallet? Needs minor work but not exactly sure how to go about it. 

those king ranch leather wallets hold up

• Hook 'Em 1

16 hours ago, YGIFS said:

I'd fucking lose mine in 3 days or less if I didn't just stick it in my wallet as soon as I got it. 

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, Superhero said:

So why don’t you just keep it in the tackle box?

Because its not my main tacklebox and sometimes I go fishing with other people. It's just easy to have it in my wallet so I never not have it. Sucks to reach for it when a game warden stops you and it's not there. 

And it's a pretty thin piece of paper, not like the shit the rest of you carry. 

Edited by Deej
  • Hook 'Em 1

On 12/12/2023 at 5:18 PM, Prepuce of Doom said:

I've always thought that wallets made for absolutely terrible gifts because of so many different possible preferences that people can have. And it's something that a person will rely on and use so frequently that it's kind of a shitty imposition for a gift-giver to presume to know someone's preferences, and/or expect them to abandon those preferences on the basis of having received a gift. 

I kind of feel the same way about watches as gifts, at least if they aren't very carefully considered. 

I was gifted a Gucci wallet like 8 years ago that I still use to this day and it's been fantastic quality for how how much I beat it up. It's very understated too, can barely see the interlocking G's and it's not garrish and obnoxious like most luxury brands.

And I have a leather cell phone case I keep a credit card in when I forget my wallet.

2 minutes ago, Jerry Callo said:

Tackle box.  That's cute.

I was gonna say...My Texas saltwater box, Mexico/Caribbean box, Bass/farm pond box, Conventional SW box, conventional freshwater box, or my trout fly box? 

For a while there I was carrying a Texas license, Colorado license, and Louisiana license in my license holder.  

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Pescado_Rojo said:

I'd fucking lose mine in 3 days or less if I didn't just stick it in my wallet as soon as I got it. 

55 minutes ago, Deej said:

Because its not my main tacklebox and sometimes I go fishing with other people. It's just easy to have it in my wallet so I never not have it. Sucks to reach for it when I game warden stops you and it's not there. 

And it's a pretty thin piece of paper, not like the shit the rest of you carry. 

I'd pull up to my fishing spot before dawn with rod rigged and ready to go, fly boxes, waders, wading boots, net, tippet spools and various other accoutrement only to realize my fishing license was sitting a home. 

I never leave the house without my wallet, therefore I never forget my fishing license.

• Hook 'Em 2