Build-A-Bear promo causes OVERWHELMING response, stores close early

AUS-97HORN

I took my son when he turned two. The goal was for him to drop his pacifier into a Marshall from Paw Patrol because we wanted him to stop using it at 2. For just a stuffed dalmatian branded "Marshall" was $35. That being said, no way in hell I wait in line for what is essentially $10 an hour.

The savings can in no way be worth having to deal with that shit as the stores are already not really efficient to begin with. Two workers running that stuffing machine could maybe get 1 bear done each per minute, if that. I'm not sad that my kids have moved on from there/the one at NorthPark moved out. 

The savings can in no way be worth having to deal with that shit as the stores are already not really efficient to begin with. Two workers running that stuffing machine could maybe get 1 bear done each per minute, if that. I'm not sad that my kids have moved on from there/the one at NorthPark moved out. 

This. I asked my wife if it was worth $31 the approximate savings that it would be for our son to wait in this stupid ass line. She quickly said no and the matter was closed. She actually thanked me later.

13 hours ago, Updawg said:

Why is she just now doing taxes? It took a cheap bear to do taxes?
Not really expecting a good answer 

A discount on a lion, shark and a unicorn.  Get your facts straights.

I didn't have to be involved in this venture so I'm happy.

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, Eastwood said:

I took my son when he turned two. The goal was for him to drop his pacifier into a Marshall from Paw Patrol because we wanted him to stop using it at 2. For just a stuffed dalmatian branded "Marshall" was $35. That being said, no way in hell I wait in line for what is essentially $10 an hour.

not quite $10 an hour.  we know a few who went yesterday to the lakeline build a bear. i don't know what time they got there but one of them  waited nine hours.  

this is the best part.  

Build-A-Bear will provide its US, UK and Canadian customers with a $15 voucher valid through Aug. 31 and also allow a pay-your-age promotion in stores during a child's birthday month, Reuters said citing CEO Sharon Price John.

I took my twins there when they were 3 or 4, old enough to pick out what they wanted. One of them chose a Cookie Monster doll. I tell you what, that old woman that was running the machine made the single greatest stuffed animal I had ever seen. It was perfect, no underfilled areas or loose limbs. Well worth the 25 bucks or whatever it was.

After I got divorced a few years later, my ex got some shithead dog that chewed it up. /csb