Texas (-2.5) vs ISU- 7pm on LHN

shadow_operative

1 minute ago, BigTEAMLittleme said:

Except we who “know nothing about basketball”.

For we know-nothings, losing yet another conference game at home, considering the ominous schedule still in front of us, does not bode well for tournament hopes. But I’m sure that the omniscient among us have a much better take. 

Calm Down Al Pacino GIF

Just now, Mo Horn said:

This team frustrates the fuck out of me. They play so well at times and I believe that when they do they can beat any team in the nation. But just way too many stretches when they play totally lost.

Inconsistency is the hallmark of this team. The only certainty is that Hunter fucking kills us.

1 minute ago, GreenspointTexas said:

Terry isnt the worst coach, but damn does he have very little talent to work with or what

Wouldn’t that be his fault?? At Texas with the portal you should be able to field a good team.

• Hook 'Em 2

Just now, GreenspointTexas said:

Terry isnt the worst coach, but damn does he have very little talent to work with or what

he's not bad, he's replacement level.  30-40 coaches out there just as good as he is.  the talent is meh but that is what you are probably gonna get.

I'm not sure 4 home wins gets him to the tourney but maybe...

2 minutes ago, GreenspointTexas said:

Think Onyema and Horton transfers were huge bust and it’s killing Texas in depth.

I just can’t believe Hunter has regressed so far. He’s so physically talented, but damn he has just totally lost it. 

I really thought he was going to be a great player when he transferred in…very disappointing.

Edited by sunset87
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Rage+1 2

Hunter has been the biggest disappointment this year he’s ass. Terry can’t seem to teach how to fucking block out. They’re getting off rebounds on fucking free throws. Can’t seem to scheme a way to beat them when they press off the high screen. We are a bad team. It’s either takes super human effort by one of our players or for the other team to play uncharacteristically in order for us to be in games or win them. Bad players? Yea maybe a little but coaching sucks. Other teams with less talent are doing better than we are.

11 minutes ago, Horn80 said:

Think Onyema and Horton transfers were huge bust and it’s killing Texas in depth.

Horton and Shedrick hurt worse. Onyema was always destined to being the third big.

No one envisioned Shedrick being a 12 minute a game guy and Horton being unable to play at this level.

Max and Tyrese rival Davis/Kerwin level embarrassment. Thank god the baseball team is good. The worst guard performance I can remember. Can’t even blame Rodney at this point he has nothing to work with in the back court 

You know something the rest of us don’t?

1 hour ago, GreenspointTexas said:

Ok, so maybe he's not the worst coach but he's in the bottom quarter.   Yeah, whomever could not put a talented team together after finishing in EE last year sure screwed Terry over. 

2 hours ago, VinyVango said:

Abmas and hunter’s poor ball-handling (for a small guard) is being majorly exposed this game

got to attend my first game this year. some of the TO’s we gave up tonight were hard to watch in person. just inexplicable. no pressure, early in the clock, running our offense, and we just pick up the dribble 24 feet from the rim with no plan and then just turn it over, almost purposely. the crowd was incensed with the stupid turnovers. with how close everyone is to the court compared to the FEC i’ve never heard a crowd so unanimously/openly upset with the offensive play. 

• Hook 'Em 1

14 minutes ago, shadow_operative said:

got to attend my first game this year. some of the TO’s we gave up tonight were hard to watch in person. just inexplicable. no pressure, early in the clock, running our offense, and we just pick up the dribble 24 feet from the rim with no plan and then just turn it over, almost purposely. the crowd was incensed with the stupid turnovers. with how close everyone is to the court compared to the FEC i’ve never heard a crowd so unanimously/openly upset with the offensive play. 

apparently you never had the KaiserBob Experience...but to be fair it was hard to hear the crowd then due to lack thereof.

13 minutes ago, dcar00 said:

apparently you never had the KaiserBob Experience...but to be fair it was hard to hear the crowd then due to lack thereof.

I remember quite fondly just walking up and getting a front row ticket. There were so few people there that the players and refs could actually hear what you were yelling at them. Good times.