Twisters

Hmbre97

5 minutes ago, Al_4_ISU said:

Is someone making an Oklahoma stereotype bingo card for that trailer?  We've got grain elevators, windmills, oil rigs, rodeos, wheat fields, run down diners, hay fields, cows.  I didn't catch a meth lab in there, but I guess they can't bat 1.000.

Seriously, that opening scene at the rodeo is the most ridiculous thing I've seen in years.  Every one of the cell phones would have blown up at least 15 minutes before that thing touched down.  Hell, they have enough warning any more they'd have probably postponed it before anything even got close.

Stealth tornadoes

• Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, UTexasFight said:

Excuse me sir, that’s now how this works. That’s now how any of this works 

flying cow out front from the first movie should have told ya. 

That might actually be more ridiculous than the flying cow.

I kinda hate the first one too, for a bunch of reasons, but I still watched it as a kid a bunch of times.  It's a complicated relationship.

Just now, Genco said:

Stealth tornadoes

Engineered in a Chinese lab.

• Hook 'Em 1

To be fair, some tornado cells can sneak the fuck up on you quick. Just look at that storm that hit San Marcos last night. Weren't supposed to be any storms in this area yesterday and that fucker moved in super quick. 

As far as the trailer goes - interesting that they chose El Reno as a location being that that's the place where actual storm chasers died. 

50 minutes ago, NorthLoop said:

As far as the trailer goes - interesting that they chose El Reno as a location being that that's the place where actual storm chasers died. 

Uh, that’s pretty clearly an homage to them and the movie is partly inspired by that 2013 storm.