San Diego @ Texas Series Thread

Horny Bull

7 minutes ago, UnhappilyMarried said:

Couldn’t watch the game yesterday. Gamecast made it look like we ran our fastest kid out of scoring position with the top of the order due up in the 8th? And then JT promptly gets a hit. Classic Pierce, if so

It was a ball that got away from the catcher and a freshman pinch runner made a poor choice to try to test it. Was also probably safe.

28 minutes ago, UnhappilyMarried said:

Couldn’t watch the game yesterday. Gamecast made it look like we ran our fastest kid out of scoring position with the top of the order due up in the 8th? And then JT promptly gets a hit. Classic Pierce, if so

He was safe. The umps butchered the call. Then on the replay it was very clear he was safe if you combined two different angles. But that was a little too much brain processing power for those neanderthals to figure out. So we lost in extra innings instead. 

53 minutes ago, Hookem2147 said:

Bats usually take a little bit to heat up. The fact we haven’t really gotten any meaningful contribution from Porter Brown yet lowers my overall concern because we know he will figure it out.

Our best overall hitters (Thomas, Powell, Brown) are all lefties so it will be interesting to see the lineup construction once we start facing lefty starters.

I'd add Gasprino and Schuessler to the list.

2024 Baseball Cumulative Statistics - University of Texas Athletics (texassports.com)

Probably would have just kicked O’Dowd completely out and had Max DH with Jayden/Dee at second or just pick second and DH between Jayden/Dee. 

1 minute ago, MuellerHorn said:

We’re talking about the fact that there isn’t a RF on the lineup card. 

Goofy lineup cards are back! 

2 minutes ago, Pato del Muerto said:

Yes I saw. But also putting O’Dowd at 1b.  I won’t believe that until he takes the field there. 

He’s repped there some in practice. Especially after Storm stepped away. Figured Sanders was ahead of him in the 1B pecking order but I guess we will see what happens.

51 minutes ago, MuellerHorn said:

Interesting defensive strategy today.

And I still don’t understand why O’Dowd is batting fourth.  

47 minutes ago, Hookem2147 said:

I remember last year in the 3rd game of the season Pierce rolled out a wtf lineup with Duplantier, Constantine and O’Hara.

I guess now is the time to experiment.

Yeah he does this every year. Throws a bunch of freshman and new faces out there and pretty much says “let’s see what ya got”

33 minutes ago, Pato del Muerto said:

Did fletch put that lineup together?

Normally 2b. 

How’d you know?