2024 MLB Season Thread - Catch All

tx 3 putt

37 minutes ago, Helobious said:

That argument would make way more sense if it was the middle of the year. It’s the first week of the season and these guys are all dropping like flies. 

…which could be a product of the pitch clock being introduced last year. making it even shorter would only exacerbate this issue.

On the one hand, I could see it being given as an error on the night and nobody would bat an eye. On the other hand, I can also see why it was ruled a hit on the night and it’s perplexing that the league would even bother. 

On the other other hand…Fuck the Angels. 

• Hook 'Em 1

9 hours ago, shadow_operative said:

👏🏼👏🏼👏🏼

I think they slightly overestimate how much the sports world was abuzz with the hitting on-base streak of Nolan Schanuel.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1
  • Drool 1

2 hours ago, WBT said:

I think they slightly overestimate how much the sports world was abuzz with the hitting on-base streak of Nolan Schanuel.

Are you kidding? In these dark days, he was our lone beacon of hope.  
Obi Wan GIF by Star Wars

6 minutes ago, Helobious said:

Angel Hernandez is such a fucking shitty umpire oh my god.

If you're talking about what just happened, he didn't miss a call.  Your boy was out there on the mound acting like a pouty punk.

4 minutes ago, tx 3 putt said:

The crack down on spider tack / foreign substance is the biggest reason, imo 

baseballs are too damn slick

Was the Glasnow piece from last year posted here?  I forget, anyway, that's what he was saying.  Having to grip the ball so much tighter without tack really starts putting strain on muscles up and down your arm.

Just now, AbeFroman said:

Was the Glasnow piece from last year posted here?  I forget, anyway, that's what he was saying.  Having to grip the ball so much tighter without tack really starts putting strain on muscles up and down your arm.

650db3ea-c01a-433c-90ac-004d7ec1ce67_tex

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

20 minutes ago, AbeFroman said:

If you're talking about what just happened, he didn't miss a call.  Your boy was out there on the mound acting like a pouty punk.

He rung up Torres (on ball 4) after he stepped out of the box when the TOR pitcher stepped off the rubber, then stepped back on and threw the pitch all in one motion. Never seen anything like that. Boone was livid. But good to know you’re a Hernandez defender. Make sure you ask for his autograph next game you go to. 

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Helobious said:

He rung up Torres (on ball 4) after he stepped out of the box when the TOR pitcher stepped off the rubber, then stepped back on and threw the pitch all in one motion. Never seen anything like that. Boone was livid. But good to know you’re a Hernandez defender. Make sure you ask for his autograph next game you go to. 

You know you just combined two different things, so quit being disingenuous.   You know I was talking about when Gil was being dramatic about balls clearly out of the zone, and then of course the crowd starts chanting Angel sucks again about balls that were not close. 

But hey, no one ever has accused Yankee fans of being reasonable people.

1 minute ago, AbeFroman said:

You know you just combined two different things, so quit being disingenuous.   You know I was talking about when Gil was being dramatic about balls clearly out of the zone, and then of course the crowd starts chanting Angel sucks again about balls that were not close. 

But hey, no one ever has accused Yankee fans of being reasonable people.

Why would you assume I was talking about the Gil thing when the most egregious umpire fuck up I’ve seen this year had just happened? How did you like Angel’s temper tantrum stopping play to make Gil engage with the batter before the pitch (did the TOR pitcher do that with Torres? Fuck no). I didn’t think there were any Angel H fans out there but I guess now I know there’s one.  

Just now, Helobious said:

Why would you assume I was talking about the Gil thing when the most egregious umpire fuck up I’ve seen this year had just happened? How did you like Angel’s temper tantrum stopping play to make Gil engage with the batter before the pitch (did the TOR pitcher do that with Torres? Fuck no). I didn’t think there were any Angel H fans out there but I guess now I know there’s one.  

Again you always end on something stupid, it's like your calling card.   The Gil thing was the last thing that happened before you posted that's why, and your pitcher wasn't engaging that's why he was told to engage.  Hernandez has done shitty things for years and will continue, but calling balls out of the zone on that overgrown brat you had on the mound wasn't one of them.

4 minutes ago, AbeFroman said:

and your pitcher wasn't engaging that's why he was told to engage. 

Why didn’t he make the blue jay pitcher engage before calling Torres out on a ball way out of the zone? How was that the right call?

Just now, Helobious said:

Why didn’t he make the blue jay pitcher engage before calling Torres out on a ball way out of the zone? How was that the right call?

It wasn't, he's an inconsistent ass and he always has been.  

2 minutes ago, AbeFroman said:

It wasn't, he's an inconsistent ass and he always has been.  

So it’s almost like my original comment of “Angel Hernandez is such a fucking shitty ump” is true and you didn’t have to cause this whole tangent by crying about it 

3 minutes ago, Helobious said:

So it’s almost like my original comment of “Angel Hernandez is such a fucking shitty ump” is true and you didn’t have to cause this whole tangent by crying about it 

Do you honestly not have the sense to understand what miscommunication is?  You said he's shitty, then I pointed to a specific interaction.  So instead of saying that's not the interaction I was talking about, here.  You have to include extra nonsensical shit.  I am going to pretend you're not that dense, and just having a good talking Sunday.