Texas A&M-CC @ Texas - 6:30 on LHN

Horny Bull

Just now, ClubWhatever said:

Watch 2 and whiff

That’s a Pierce thing. We are constantly behind in the count at the plate and almost always behind in the count while on the mound.   Doesn’t seem like the best of strategies…

Just now, sunset87 said:

So our bullpen comes in throwing 86 to 87 with poor control. But their bullpen is throwing low 90’s with good control? Seems about right.

They have 4 runs on 5 hits. 3 of which came in the 2nd on a 3 run bomb off Selvig. 

Just now, sunset87 said:

So our bullpen comes in throwing 86 to 87 with poor control. But their bullpen is throwing low 90’s with good control? Seems about right.

Why wait for the bullpen, our new Saturday stud starter pumps it in there at 84-85. 
I guess Pierce doesn’t like velocity. No way The University of Texas can’t find about 3-4 HS kids a year that can throw 95+.  75% of the SEC does that.  I’d be OK with guys throwing 90-91 if they had any kind of command…which our guys don’t. 

Posted (edited)
8 minutes ago, HuntinHorn said:

Watching these guys hit tonight is like watching a baby play with their mashed bananas.

Except one kinda makes you smile and the other one does not.  Speaking of babies, every time I catch a little bit of “The Voice” I always think of how cute of a baby John Legend must of been.  I mean he still looks like a baby.  They should let him play with some mashed nanners on the next episode.  Back to baseball!  

Edited by BarthHollamew
  • Hook 'Em 2

1 minute ago, Hookem2147 said:

This team could beat Hagen Smith and Arkansas one night then lose to Texas Lutheran the next day and it would no longer surprise me

Pretty much, tonight was inexcusable and pathetic but their season was riding on this weekend against Kansas State anyway.

This team has a lot of really good hitters but no Dylan Campbell and it shows on nights like tonight 

9 minutes ago, Hookem2147 said:

This team could beat Hagen Smith and Arkansas one night then lose to Texas Lutheran the next day and it would no longer surprise me

We live in and die by the long ball. It’s always been a feature of DP teams but this seems to be the most extreme version. Ks and HRs

Just now, BrazilHorn said:

No idea what the 3B coach does for Texas. Never see him giving any coaching, helping with adjustments etc. just a statue. 

Also ever since Gasparino changed his walkup music from “California Love” to whatever the fuck it is now he is like 0-9. Just fallen apart

32 minutes ago, chase25 said:

They have 4 runs on 5 hits. 3 of which came in the 2nd on a 3 run bomb off Selvig. 

It’s just a bad night overall, but the point was our bullpen isn’t great. Tonight there's was better. It happens in baseball, but the pitching this year sucks.

2 minutes ago, hobbes2702 said:

We live in and die by the long ball. It’s always been a feature of DP teams but this seems to be the most extreme version. Ks and HRs

Certainly been that way the last 3 years going back to ‘21. But baseball in general has shifted more and more towards the long ball. Then we moved the fences in.

Just now, sunset87 said:

Tonight there's was better. It happens in baseball, but the pitching this year sucks.

We lost to Washington because we couldn’t hit worth dick, lost to Baylor Friday night when a lefty throwing 86 from Lake Travis shoved it up our anus and scored 1 run tonight against A&M Corpus Christi. 

For whatever bitching we do about the pitching we have a top 25 ERA in the country and most of our losses lately have been because we look like shit at the plate.

• Hook 'Em 1

2 minutes ago, sunset87 said:

It’s just a bad night overall, but the point was our bullpen isn’t great. Tonight there's was better. It happens in baseball, but the pitching this year sucks.

The bullpen gave up 1 run in 7 innings tonight. The only thing wrong with the pen is there is no reliable lefty. Harrison is lost, Shaw is close to lost, and Lummus is a box of chocolates.