Tope Imade's AMA on Reddit

Rimbo

33 minutes ago, TheBryMan81 said:

I think my favorite was

"I committed 3 days after I was offered in my English class because I was bored and didn't want to read the great Gatsby" lol

he then asked me for the cliffs notes of it hahaha

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

Tope is as skeptical of Connor as we are, apparently.

"It's hard to see who's progressing without seeing every practice. On the fan side of things, we only see who the starters are and that pretty much a good indicator of who is showing the most progression - or who is the most conistant in the correct way to block, rather. Some of the biggest probably with oline is pad level, hand placement, stepping underneath yourself, being late off the ball. 95% of the time if it's not a busted play or you just getting your ass beat outright by like a bull rush, it's one of those things. For example, If you see Hayden Connor stepping underneath himself in 2021, and hes doing the same in 2024 and he's a starter, he's either a) knows his assignment and where/when he sometimes to be there or b) there's no one pushing him in terms taking his spot - and thats an indicator of the guys behind him. Ultimately, to notice these things, you have to identifiy who was beat, how they got beat, then why. It's hard to work backwards like this when they game is happening in real time because it's easier to watch the skill guys do cool shit. I still know guys on the Oline so I have a vested interested in what they do more."

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

Posted (edited)
5 minutes ago, MuellerHorn said:

Tope is as skeptical of Connor as we are, apparently.

"It's hard to see who's progressing without seeing every practice. On the fan side of things, we only see who the starters are and that pretty much a good indicator of who is showing the most progression - or who is the most conistant in the correct way to block, rather. Some of the biggest probably with oline is pad level, hand placement, stepping underneath yourself, being late off the ball. 95% of the time if it's not a busted play or you just getting your ass beat outright by like a bull rush, it's one of those things. For example, If you see Hayden Connor stepping underneath himself in 2021, and hes doing the same in 2024 and he's a starter, he's either a) knows his assignment and where/when he sometimes to be there or b) there's no one pushing him in terms taking his spot - and thats an indicator of the guys behind him. Ultimately, to notice these things, you have to identifiy who was beat, how they got beat, then why. It's hard to work backwards like this when they game is happening in real time because it's easier to watch the skill guys do cool shit. I still know guys on the Oline so I have a vested interested in what they do more."

I love watching Connor get stonewalled when he pulls by smaller players, laying on the ground or looking back towards our backfield after his whiffs his assignment.

Edited by BurntOrange&White

1 hour ago, TheBryMan81 said:

I think my favorite was

"I committed 3 days after I was offered in my English class because I was bored and didn't want to read the great Gatsby" lol

The Great Gatsby?   He was... uh... great!

• Haha 1

Posted (edited)
23 minutes ago, BurntOrange&White said:

I love watching Connor get stonewalled when he pulls by smaller players, laying on the ground or looking back towards our backfield after his whiffs his assignment.

ryan reynolds hd GIF

Edited by Dennis Taylor

1 hour ago, Viper said:

Was Tope the former OL that was trying to become a youtuber discussing Marvel movies or am I think of a different OL?

Yes. 

Just to clarify, it was BJ Foster that leaked the Bo Davis rant, right? They got it in the thread as a DB/WR but I don't remember any 2 way players from that season. 

16 minutes ago, BigHorn'13 said:

Yes. 

Just to clarify, it was BJ Foster that leaked the Bo Davis rant, right? They got it in the thread as a DB/WR but I don't remember any 2 way players from that season. 

Looking back at that thread....it appears it was Montrell Estell

Oh and also this freezing cold take
image.thumb.png.7f8d6b980bb68d99aadee0f912671933.png

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

30 minutes ago, BigHorn'13 said:

Yes. 

Funny enough, Sweat copped to being the one laughing on the bus that set off the rant. 

• Hook 'Em 2

7 minutes ago, UncleSonny said:

Funny enough, Sweat copped to being the one laughing on the bus that set off the rant. 

Seems to have turned out ok.

1 hour ago, Viper said:

Was Tope the former OL that was trying to become a youtuber discussing Marvel movies or am I think of a different OL?

guess how I know you commented on this thread without reading the AMA

Thought it was interesting that although he singled out Poona Ford, Byron Murphy, and Taquon Graham as the ones who kicked his ass the most in practice and were the toughest to deal with (the "OK, Tope" story involving Ford was funny), he said Cort Jaquess hit him the hardest.  

10 hours ago, closetojumping said:

Outstanding. I’d forgotten some of the details to the Warehime/WalkerLittle story. Didn’t realize that reddit had saved Shaggy posts. Probably a ton of good shit in there. 

"If you're not entertained, you're probably German"

• Haha 2