Laptop backpack recs?

RD3

I don't travel much for work but I recently flew out to Chicago for fun (3 Cubs games over June 30 weekend) and brought my laptop because I needed to keep up with some work while I was there. But regular laptop bag and I never use it and I used a small backpack for it.  It was ok but it didn't fit anything else.

I was paying attention to other travelers and I saw many had basically laptop/travel backpacks.  ie, it fit their laptop as well as some clothes/travel stuff.

Any recommendations from the shag/surly?  Thanks!

47 minutes ago, T’Boo Ted Marshall said:

Are you over the age of 23?  If so, the same rules of wearing a tailored jersey apply to backpacks.  

Know how I can tell you don't work in downtown Chicago? 

Briggs & Riley is the shit. Warranteed for life. 

https://www.briggs-riley.com/shop/function/backpacks

Edited by Prepuce of Doom

180223-Tocayo-Studio-Website-Assets-PDP-

Only $250.  Accepting preorders.  Don't know about stickers.

https://www.yeti.com/tocayo-backpack-26/YTB26.html?avad=209007_b12b09661&utm_source=avantlink&utm_medium=affiliates&utm_campaign=ale&utm_term=www.outsideonline.com#pdp-technology-features-bags-tocayo-backpack-26

Edited by Upgrayedd
And there is no fucking way I'd shell out for that

27 minutes ago, T’Boo Ted Marshall said:

Buffalo Jackson messenger bag FTW.

My current laptop bag is a Banana Republic canvas messenger bag but to be honest, it's not something that I would want to travel with...

4 hours ago, Prepuce of Doom said:

Know how I can tell you don't work in downtown Chicago? 

Briggs & Riley is the shit. Warranteed for life. 

https://www.briggs-riley.com/shop/function/backpacks

This is the correct answer. After years of carrying the Swiss gear laptop backpacks my wife and kids gave me a Briggs & Riley for Fathers Day. There is no comparison. Yep, they’re pricey but worth every damn penny. 

6 hours ago, RD3 said:

I don't travel much for work but I recently flew out to Chicago for fun (3 Cubs games over June 30 weekend) and brought my laptop because I needed to keep up with some work while I was there. But regular laptop bag and I never use it and I used a small backpack for it.  It was ok but it didn't fit anything else.

I was paying attention to other travelers and I saw many had basically laptop/travel backpacks.  ie, it fit their laptop as well as some clothes/travel stuff.

Any recommendations from the shag/surly?  Thanks!

I’ve got an oakley kitchen sink that hasn’t failed me once in 10 years.  Will trade for a gold jacket.

A backpack as a carryon is the shiz, for sure.  I just have a regular High Sierra backpack (I think Samsonite owns them), with a foam pad for the back.  That and a sleeve carry my shit just fine packed in with some underpants, socks and tshirts.  I've been pretty impressed with the High Sierra stuff.  I have a hydration pack that was considerably cheaper than a Camelbak and it does the job, seems well made and thought out, as is the little backpack.

Edited by TwiceHorn

I have this Everki Versa backpack.

It was highly recommended by people on flyertalk, so I took a chance on it and really like it. It can fit my 13" laptop, tablet, and kindle in the fold out pocket and there is room in the main pocket for my DSLR with 1-2 lenses. There are lots of side and outer pockets to keep chargers, pens, and other things organized. I especially like the hard sided sunglasses pocket in the top, as I've had a couple pairs of sunglasses damaged in my work bag while traveling. It also has a slot in the back, so you can slip it over the handle of your roll-aboard. The construction is very high quality and has held up well for the 2 years I've had it.

I have an eBag.  I've had it for a couple of years and it has been on some very long international trips.  It still looks brand new.  Very well put together and organized.  It's a nice grey fabric that looks professional.  It can be used as a briefcase too.

I have the slimmer one, but there is a bigger one and I think there is a smaller one too.

eBags