Cryptocurrencies (Bitcoin, Ethereum, Litecoin, etc.)

surlybevo

So Block has been working on a hardware wallet for a couple years. It's called the bit key and is finally shipping. It's supposed to have great UX for noob or Uncle Jim levels. I ordered one today and will report back for the handful of people here who care. 

Did you have a hardware wallet before?

2 hours ago, Cum Rocket said:

So Block has been working on a hardware wallet for a couple years. It's called the bit key and is finally shipping. ... I ordered one today and will report back for the handful of people here who care. 

I would be curious to know what, if any, advantage it offers over the Ledger or Trezor.

3 hours ago, nycHorn said:

Did you have a hardware wallet before?

Yes I've bought all the major ones. I have a ledger, trezor and cold card. 

1 hour ago, bernorange said:

I would be curious to know what, if any, advantage it offers over the Ledger or Trezor.

Just based off people are saying, the Ux is supposedly incredibly slick and uses Nfc to connect to your phone. Also, since it's made by Block it’s Btc only. 

Here’s a breakdown. 

https://bitkey.world/en-US/how-it-works

some good points here

When bitcoin hits hundreds of thousands of dollars per coin, I think it is very feasible that the conversation around bitcoin will shift from those damn speculators! to the why is it really happening. Again and bigger.

Super fascinating story about SLERF COIN (lol) from Bloomberg today: 

Bloomberg’s Muyao Shen reported last week: https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2024-03-13/memecoin-trading-volume-rises-to-levels-last-seen-before-crypto-bubble-burst

The memecoin frenzy in the digital-asset market shows no signs of stopping, with trading volumes now at levels last seen just before the burst of the last crypto bubble more than two years ago.

Considered as some of the most speculative and volatile cryptocurrencies, memecoins such as Dogwifhat and Pepe are far outstripping the gains registered by market bellwether Bitcoin that has dominated the headlines. Trading volume for the top memecoins, which often trade for a fraction of a cent, reached nearly $80 billion in the past week, according to data compiled by blockchain data firm Kaiko. That’s the highest since October 2021. …

Memecoins have been a long-existing phenomenon in crypto, as small investors and promoters see the microscopic prices of memecoins as an opportunity to quick post huge returns despite the lack of traditional fundamentals. ...

A group of dogwifhat token holders announced last week a public fundraising campaign to put the dogwifhat meme on the Las Vegas Sphere. The group has already reached its target goal of $650,000 in the USDC stablecoin, based on the transaction history of the digital wallet for the fundraise. But it’s unclear whether and when the fund will be used to promote the meme in Las Vegas.

What are dogwifhat’s fundamentals? Well:

Its logo is a dog, with a hat.

If people kick in enough money, maybe they can put a picture of the dog with the hat on the Las Vegas Sphere, which might encourage more people to kick in more money.

What does the multiple-choice exam question about this look like? Or today we got the story of Slerf:

A new Solana-based memecoin, Slerf, has faced significant challenges after the project’s developer accidentally burnt a major portion of the token supply — effectively losing $10 million, or the entirety, of presale participants’ money.

"Guys I f—ed up," the project's official X account wrote. "I burned the LP and the tokens that were set aside for the airdrop. Mint authority is already revoked so I can not mint them. There is nothing I can do to fix this. I am so f—ing sorry."

The Slerf team later went to an X Spaces to elaborate further on the situation. "I'm sick to my stomach," team member Slorg said in a Space on X. "I'm literally about to throw up."

"I'm lost for words," they added. "I don't know what to do."

Poor Slorg. Basically the way crypto works is that a guy named Slorg makes up a token named Slerf, which is distinguished from other tokens by having a cartoon sloth logo. You send $10 million of Solana crypto tokens to Slorg, and he makes a note to himself that he owes you some Slerfs. Then he accidentally flushes that note down the toilet and, due to the irreversible nature of the blockchain, you get no Slerfs and your money is permanently gone, though Slorg is very sorry. 

If this were a company, and Slerf was a stock, this would all be bad: It is bad for a company to lose all of the money it raises in a stock offering. (Also, though, it would probably be reversible. If a company just lost its list of shareholders, it could probably, like, go back through its emails and reconstruct the list.)

But Slerf is not a company or a stock: It is a crypto token, so absolutely nothing matters. Except that this is all sort of funny, and attention-grabbing, so of course Slerf went up. Arnold: “This mistake was very good for attention, and attention is the true value of any memecoin. So the obvious thing happened and the new tokens that were released shot up around 5,000%.” You could spend another 10 hours and 55 minutes pondering this but I do not recommend it.

• Haha 3
  • Rage+1 1
  • Drool 1

3 hours ago, BeardIP said:

Super fascinating story about SLERF COIN (lol) from Bloomberg today: 

Bloomberg’s Muyao Shen reported last week: https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2024-03-13/memecoin-trading-volume-rises-to-levels-last-seen-before-crypto-bubble-burst

The memecoin frenzy in the digital-asset market shows no signs of stopping, with trading volumes now at levels last seen just before the burst of the last crypto bubble more than two years ago.

Considered as some of the most speculative and volatile cryptocurrencies, memecoins such as Dogwifhat and Pepe are far outstripping the gains registered by market bellwether Bitcoin that has dominated the headlines. Trading volume for the top memecoins, which often trade for a fraction of a cent, reached nearly $80 billion in the past week, according to data compiled by blockchain data firm Kaiko. That’s the highest since October 2021. …

Memecoins have been a long-existing phenomenon in crypto, as small investors and promoters see the microscopic prices of memecoins as an opportunity to quick post huge returns despite the lack of traditional fundamentals. ...

A group of dogwifhat token holders announced last week a public fundraising campaign to put the dogwifhat meme on the Las Vegas Sphere. The group has already reached its target goal of $650,000 in the USDC stablecoin, based on the transaction history of the digital wallet for the fundraise. But it’s unclear whether and when the fund will be used to promote the meme in Las Vegas.

What are dogwifhat’s fundamentals? Well:

Its logo is a dog, with a hat.

If people kick in enough money, maybe they can put a picture of the dog with the hat on the Las Vegas Sphere, which might encourage more people to kick in more money.

What does the multiple-choice exam question about this look like? Or today we got the story of Slerf:

A new Solana-based memecoin, Slerf, has faced significant challenges after the project’s developer accidentally burnt a major portion of the token supply — effectively losing $10 million, or the entirety, of presale participants’ money.

"Guys I f—ed up," the project's official X account wrote. "I burned the LP and the tokens that were set aside for the airdrop. Mint authority is already revoked so I can not mint them. There is nothing I can do to fix this. I am so f—ing sorry."

The Slerf team later went to an X Spaces to elaborate further on the situation. "I'm sick to my stomach," team member Slorg said in a Space on X. "I'm literally about to throw up."

"I'm lost for words," they added. "I don't know what to do."

Poor Slorg. Basically the way crypto works is that a guy named Slorg makes up a token named Slerf, which is distinguished from other tokens by having a cartoon sloth logo. You send $10 million of Solana crypto tokens to Slorg, and he makes a note to himself that he owes you some Slerfs. Then he accidentally flushes that note down the toilet and, due to the irreversible nature of the blockchain, you get no Slerfs and your money is permanently gone, though Slorg is very sorry. 

If this were a company, and Slerf was a stock, this would all be bad: It is bad for a company to lose all of the money it raises in a stock offering. (Also, though, it would probably be reversible. If a company just lost its list of shareholders, it could probably, like, go back through its emails and reconstruct the list.)

But Slerf is not a company or a stock: It is a crypto token, so absolutely nothing matters. Except that this is all sort of funny, and attention-grabbing, so of course Slerf went up. Arnold: “This mistake was very good for attention, and attention is the true value of any memecoin. So the obvious thing happened and the new tokens that were released shot up around 5,000%.” You could spend another 10 hours and 55 minutes pondering this but I do not recommend it.

Jessica Chastain Snl GIF by Saturday Night Live

Cryptos trading lower over the last day or so.  This is likely partly to blame:

OKX, the fourth-largest cryptocurrency exchange globally by trading volume, has announced the termination of Tether (USDT) trading pairs for users within the European Economic Area (EEA). This move precedes the full enactment of the Markets in Crypto-Assets (MiCA) regulation by the European Union (EU), set to become effective on Dec 30, 2024. MiCA aims to introduce a comprehensive regulatory framework for digital assets, focusing on the restriction of certain stablecoins.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/money/markets/okx-discontinues-usdt-trading-pairs-in-eea-ahead-of-eu-crypto-regulation/ar-BB1k6XRg

Japan government pension fund looking at crypto investing - this could be a sign of a top, if you remember when they bought into US real estate buying large properties in Hawaii and the western US (famously they purchased Pebble Beach, purchase in 1990 by Minuro Isutani, sold in 1992 to Sumitomo Bank sold the the current ownership group in 1999). 
Japanese investment has a history of chasing peak investments, or maybe creating them; not that this will be the case with crypto. But there is a cautionary tale in there. 

https://www.cnbc.com/2024/03/19/japan-pension-fund-explores-bitcoin-as-an-investment.html

• Hook 'Em 1

16 minutes ago, Wally Fairway said:

Japan government pension fund looking at crypto investing - this could be a sign of a top, if you remember when they bought into US real estate buying large properties in Hawaii and the western US (famously they purchased Pebble Beach, purchase in 1990 by Minuro Isutani, sold in 1992 to Sumitomo Bank sold the the current ownership group in 1999). 
Japanese investment has a history of chasing peak investments, or maybe creating them; not that this will be the case with crypto. But there is a cautionary tale in there. 

https://www.cnbc.com/2024/03/19/japan-pension-fund-explores-bitcoin-as-an-investment.html

Interesting. Thanks for sharing. 

I don't see how we're at a top. Too much new money coming in. 

One reliable top signal before has been new stadium naming rights being sold to crypto businesses.

3 minutes ago, B00M said:

the joke you shared wasn’t funny. Take the loss pussy

Different strokes.

As you're aware, taking the L can be one of the hardest things to do.

This thread is full of haters that can't do it. Again, to their own detriment.

• Hook 'Em 1

2 hours ago, Pam Cummings said:

Oh no, it topped out at $70k again. But next time it's TOTALLY getting to $100k. Totally.

Are you trying to spike the football that BTC is only up *checks notes* 136% in the past six months instead of 168%?

Bitcoin could go to zero. Could go to a million. I have no idea. But I do know that gloating that it's had a pullback after a ridiculous run is silly.

3 hours ago, Wally Fairway said:

This is along the lines of my bull case and why I'm interested. I think BTC has reached a tipping point to where it's not going away. Yet we are still very early on any sort of institutional/government adoption. May not happen, but I think it's likely that bigger players like this are more likely to dip a toe in the water.

39 minutes ago, FirstTimeCaller said:

This is along the lines of my bull case and why I'm interested. I think BTC has reached a tipping point to where it's not going away. Yet we are still very early on any sort of institutional/government adoption. May not happen, but I think it's likely that bigger players like this are more likely to dip a toe in the water.

There was a lot of talk last cycle about how "the institutions are coming". How bitcoin was an asymmetric bet, had uncorrelated returns etc that would benefit portfolios. It looks like that was one cycle early. The only way the vast majority of institutions were ever going to buy bitcoin was through an etf type vehicle. Here we are.

47 minutes ago, FirstTimeCaller said:

Are you trying to spike the football that BTC is only up *checks notes* 136% in the past six months instead of 168%?

Bitcoin could go to zero. Could go to a million. I have no idea. But I do know that gloating that it's had a pullback after a ridiculous run is silly.

Same energy here. 

IMG-1187.jpg

3 hours ago, Pam Cummings said:

Oh no, it topped out at $70k again. But next time it's TOTALLY getting to $100k. Totally.

I want you back here when it's 100k. It'll be something like this. 

IMG-1182.png

• Haha 1

26 minutes ago, Cum Rocket said:

Same energy here. 

I am curious, not trying to be a dick, but what is the ceiling for bitcoin?
I have never really been able to grasp the economic model that drives the valuation, other that it goes up because everybody wants some. 
Explain to me like I'm an idiot, what would be a good entry point and exit point for this as an investment.
I get that it is an alternative to a fiat currency (US$) because those can get devalued by disaster, coup, cyber attack that locks up the banking system, etc. 

• Hook 'Em 2

9 minutes ago, Wally Fairway said:

I have never really been able to grasp the economic model that drives the valuation, other that it goes up because everybody wants some. 
Explain to me like I'm an idiot, what would be a good entry point and exit point for this as an investment.
I get that it is an alternative to a fiat currency (US$) because those can get devalued by disaster, coup, cyber attack that locks up the banking system, etc. 

Not asking me, but I'll give you my opinion (new surly motto).

I think you've nailed it (or at least my take on it). It's why I'm not a BTC maximalist, but want to own some. I see it as a call option. There is no model for valuation like a P/E ratio. It's all how much demand is there and how much supply. We know that supply is limited, so will there be more demand? I think so given how it's becoming more accepted in the investment community as an asset. 

The only valuation I see that's made sense is comparing the market cap of BTC to gold since to me, they serve a similar purpose. Right now, I think gold is in the 10-12X range the market cap of BTC. Could it get to a third or a quarter of the market cap? I think it is possible over the course of a decade. That would put BTC at $200K+.

That's not my price target... I don't have one because it's unknowable. But if you made me come up with something, that's what I figure.

image.thumb.png.a27cf026846fd4e70fa25d7874cecc1e.png

1 minute ago, FirstTimeCaller said:

The only valuation I see that's made sense is comparing the market cap of BTC to gold since to me, they serve a similar purpose. Right now, I think gold is in the 10-12X range the market cap of BTC. Could it get to a third or a quarter of the market cap? I think it is possible over the course of a decade. That would put BTC at $200K+.

TIL that BTC is a consumable commodity that is integral to basically anything with electronics, and has a purpose aside from FOMO.

Candidly, there's no limit to how high BTC can go - only to the amount of new, stupid money coming in to cash out old whales. But I still have not ONCE ever read an actual utility or purpose for BTC or cryptocurrencies in general that are not more securely, effectively, and economically serviced by existing mechanisms.

• Hook 'Em 1

7 minutes ago, Wally Fairway said:

No one has any idea what the ceiling could be. If bitcoin gets into the mainstream of retirement investing or sovereign funds, it could go sky high. For retirement investing, someone may not see a bitcoin spot ETF on their 401k portal any time soon or ever, but it could very easily start to fall into the age targeted funds. Blackrock is already making noise about putting limited crypto into traditional ETFs.

As for sovereign funds, publicly this has been limited to smaller funds like with El Salvador but what happens if the oil rich Middle East funds decide to drop $100b into crypto?

Perhaps the ceiling was $73K. My opinion to friends is to consider putting 1-3% of their net worth in bitcoin. If it goes to zero, the impact is negligible. Not zero but low. If the price 10x, then their 2% investment just gave their net worth a sizable boost. Or don't do it. Someone isn't going to be ruined if they avoid crypto.

• Hook 'Em 2

2 minutes ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

No one has any idea what the ceiling could be. If bitcoin gets into the mainstream of retirement investing or sovereign funds, it could go sky high. For retirement investing, someone may not see a bitcoin spot ETF on their 401k portal any time soon or ever, but it could very easily start to fall into the age targeted funds. Blackrock is already making noise about putting limited crypto into traditional ETFs.

As for sovereign funds, publicly this has been limited to smaller funds like with El Salvador but what happens if the oil rich Middle East funds decide to drop $100b into crypto?

Perhaps the ceiling was $73K. My opinion to friends is to consider putting 1-3% of their net worth in bitcoin. If it goes to zero, the impact is negligible. Not zero but low. If the price 10x, then their 2% investment just gave their net worth a sizable boost. Or don't do it. Someone isn't going to be ruined if they avoid crypto.

This could be one example of why your roll your 401k into a self directed IRA, you can buy crypto ETF. 
Thinks that make me go - hmmm this is something to think about 🤔

• Hook 'Em 1

15 minutes ago, Captainant said:

TIL that BTC is a consumable commodity that is integral to basically anything with electronics, and has a purpose aside from FOMO.

Candidly, there's no limit to how high BTC can go - only to the amount of new, stupid money coming in to cash out old whales. But I still have not ONCE ever read an actual utility or purpose for BTC or cryptocurrencies in general that are not more securely, effectively, and economically serviced by existing mechanisms.

Tired Ariana Grande GIF by NETFLIX

I hope to one day love something as much as Captainant loves to hate on BTC.

Edited by FirstTimeCaller

14 minutes ago, FirstTimeCaller said:

I hope to one day love something as much as Captainant loves to hate on BTC.

Hey, now. I'm hating on ALL cryptocurrency - BTC isn't special in lacking any non-circular value or utility. They're just as valuable as bored ape NFT's and ZooTokens etc etc

The emperor has no clothes, I just don't understand why that's such an upsetting thing to consider

Edited by Captainant

45 minutes ago, Wally Fairway said:

I don't think anyone here is a dick.

I think FirstTimeCaller has it right. The next big milestone (after 100k) is gold market cap. Will it get there this cycle? I'm not sure, but gold bugs are going to get rekt relative to bitcoin.

Bitcoin is more easily movable than physical gold, it's easily divisible, it has a set supply. The main knock on bitcoin vs gold is a big one. History and convention, but every year that passes that means less as trust is built in bitcoin. It will be interesting to see the breakdown in a year or two between how many investment funds or etfs hold allocations to bitcoin vs gold. As for nations and how they value gold...

24 minutes ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

This is a big deal and I've said before that I think a "real" country comes out in the next year or two as holder of bitcoin. I think it's most likely to be what they've gained mining. Oil and gas producers are known to have interest, many are mining with flared gas etc. So that's your list of countries to think about. To me a sovereign or multiple sovereigns mining now explains the explosion in hash rate despite decreased prices through 2023. What happens when Saudi, Qatar, or duh duh duh Russia come out and say they have large bags. We as Americans will scoff at it, but the world will take notice.

The big pie in the sky numbers come from what's after gold? If bitcoin is entrenched as valuable asset/property, then I think it's feasible it takes some of the store of value market away from real estate, maybe bonds. Large markets. Think about it.

vs Real Estate

pros-more liquid, less hassle from maintenance, tenants

cons-no income streams, RE better tax treatment

vs Bonds (especially longer bonds)

pros- not being paid back in debased currency, possible appreciation

cons- no coupon like bonds, bonds backed by governments

This is all a long way to say I'm not sure what is the ceiling. Something like this has never been created before. The ramifications are pretty fascinating.

29 minutes ago, Wally Fairway said:

This could be one example of why your roll your 401k into a self directed IRA, you can buy crypto ETF. 
Thinks that make me go - hmmm this is something to think about 🤔

True story. Before ETF passed I decided to rollover my 401k from old employer to self directed IRA. It's at Vanguard, so no ETFs allowed. Instead I bought MSTR. It's been unbelievable, the last couple days notwithstanding.

I just think this bull cycle is such a clear bet I couldn't look at the employer retirement in SPY etf and leave it. I plan on having some hard decisions in about 18 months about withdrawal of large sums vs waiting 15 years to pull it out, but that's another discussion.

• Hook 'Em 1

2 hours ago, FirstTimeCaller said:

So it took a "ridiculous run" to get back to where it was 4 years ago.....interesting.

Edited by Pam Cummings

1 hour ago, Cum Rocket said:

Same energy here. 

IMG-1187.jpg

IMG-1182.png

I've been waiting for it to hit $100k since I bought in 4 years ago. It's a promise that has been broken many times, and probably many more to come.

5 minutes ago, Pam Cummings said:

So it took a "ridiculous run" to get back to where it was 4 years ago.....interesting.

Wait until you see what the stock market did between 2000-2013. 

9 minutes ago, Pam Cummings said:

I've been waiting for it to hit $100k since I bought in 4 years ago. It's a promise that has been broken many times, and probably many more to come.

*Bitcoin soars 170% in six months.*

"That's not good enough!!!1!" - PC

I don't know what you want. It's a highly volatile asset that's speculative. It's rocketed higher, made new highs, and you're hating on that performance. If you bought four years ago, you're currently sitting on 8X your money if you still own it.

14 minutes ago, Pam Cummings said:

see 2020, same thing. Like, it's literally repeating itself at higher valuations each time. Zoom out, look at the chart. It's kind of hard to miss once you really look at it.

On 10/11/2023 at 1:55 PM, Rimbo said:

Hmmm. But now you've reopened/left unsolved the scaling problem.

March 20: Mysten Labs, the company behind the Sui blockchain, claimed a "landmark achievement in scaling blockchain capacity" known as "linear scaling," according to the team: "During testing and development in a Sui blockchain environment, Pilotfish, a prototype Sui extension, increased throughput by 8x when backed by 8 machines, successfully illustrating the possibility of linear scaling. The latency per transaction decreased as more machines were added, proving the viability of linear horizontal scaling for low latency blockchain transactions for the first time ever on any blockchain." (SUI)

https://www.coindesk.com/tech/2024/03/14/protocol-latest-tech-news-crypto-blockchain/

Investment management giant BlackRock (BLK) has created a fund called the BlackRock USD Institutional Digital Liquidity Fund, according to a document filed with the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC).

The fund, incorporated in the British Virgin Islands, will be launched in partnership with asset tokenization firm Securitize.

The filing does not reveal what assets the fund will hold, but Securitize's presence potentially suggests the product has something to do with the tokenization of real-world assets, or RWA – industry jargon for representing ownership of a wide range of assets through a token on a blockchain. ...

https://www.coindesk.com/policy/2024/03/19/blackrock-creates-tokenized-asset-fund-sec-filing-shows/

1 hour ago, bernorange said:

I am so disappointed in Black Rock - they had that chance and didn't name that fund the US Economic Dollar Institutionalized Liquidity Digital Opportunities Fund
That's right  - USE DILDO Fund

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, Cum Rocket said:

A thread in DT that touched on housing and cost of living reminded me of this tweet I saw yesterday. 

When you visualize it, it's clear that every asset imaginable is trending to zero in Bitcoin terms. 

Are you making fun of the losers? Because that's just wrong. Pity them, sure. Mock them, that's just mean.

• Hook 'Em 1

18 hours ago, Thetexashammer said:

Are you making fun of the losers? Because that's just wrong. Pity them, sure. Mock them, that's just mean.

Just shining a light is all. 

There's another thread about how unhappy young people are. A lot of reasons, can't afford home, can't afford higher education.

The best way to beat inflation even on big ticket/high inflation items has been and will continue to be BTC.

Maybe that's part of why I rest easily. Kind of sad how angrily people react when you aren't as stressed or neurotic as them.

Going back to the original point, going to be pretty incredible when we get to 1 BTC=median house.

People have had years of warning to get to 1 BTC. You wanna be at least a wholecoiner if at all possible.

Edited by Cum Rocket

On 3/20/2024 at 12:45 PM, Wally Fairway said:

I am so disappointed in Black Rock - they had that chance and didn't name that fund the US Economic Dollar Institutionalized Liquidity Digital Opportunities Fund
That's right  - USE DILDO Fund

They want to leave that name to Elon.

• Hook 'Em 1

BlackRock today unveils its first tokenized fund issued on a public blockchain, the BlackRock USD Institutional Digital Liquidity Fund (“BUIDL” or the “Fund”). BUIDL will provide qualified investors with the opportunity to earn U.S. dollar yields by subscribing to the Fund through Securitize Markets, LLC.

“This is the latest progression of our digital assets strategy,” said Robert Mitchnick, BlackRock’s Head of Digital Assets. “We are focused on developing solutions in the digital assets space that help solve real problems for our clients, and we are excited to work with Securitize.”

Tokenization remains a key focus of BlackRock’s digital asset strategy. Through the tokenization of the Fund, BUIDL will offer investors important benefits by enabling the issuance and trading of ownership on a blockchain, expanding investor access to on-chain offerings, providing instantaneous and transparent settlement, and allowing for transfers across platforms. BNY Mellon will enable interoperability for the Fund between digital and traditional markets.

“Tokenization of securities could fundamentally transform capital markets. Today’s news demonstrates that traditional financial products are being made more accessible through digitization. Securitize is proud to be BlackRock’s transfer agent, tokenization platform and placement agent of choice in digitizing and expanding access to its investment products,” said Securitize co-founder and CEO Carlos Domingo.

BUIDL seeks to offer a stable value of $1 per token and pays daily accrued dividends directly to investors' wallets as new tokens each month. The Fund invests 100% of its total assets in cash, U.S. Treasury bills, and repurchase agreements, allowing investors to earn yield while holding the token on the blockchain. Investors can transfer their tokens 24/7/365 to other pre-approved investors. Fund participants will also have flexible custody options allowing them to choose how to hold their tokens.

The initial ecosystem participants in BUIDL include Anchorage Digital Bank NA, BitGo, Coinbase, and Fireblocks, among other market participants and infrastructure providers in the crypto industry.

BlackRock Financial Management, Inc., will be the investment manager of the Fund and Bank of New York Mellon will serve as the custodian of the Fund’s assets and its administrator. Securitize will act as a transfer agent and tokenization platform, managing the tokenized shares and reporting on Fund subscriptions, redemptions, and distributions. Securitize Markets will act as placement agent, making the Fund available to eligible investors. PricewaterhouseCoopers LLP has been appointed as the Fund's auditor for the period ending December 31, 2024.

The Fund will issue shares pursuant to Rule 506(c) under the Securities Act of 1933 and Section3(c)(7) of the Investment Company Act. The Fund’s initial investment minimum is $5 million.

BlackRock has also made a strategic investment in Securitize. As part of the investment, Joseph Chalom, BlackRock’s Global Head of Strategic Ecosystem Partnerships, has been appointed to Securitize’s Board of Directors.

https://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20240320771318/en/

It sounds like a USD stablecoin where wallets/participation is tightly controlled.

So turns out the Bitkey is pretty cool. Slick packaging. 

IMG-1452.jpg

For a size comparison

IMG-1457.jpg

It has some weight to it. 

You download the app to your phone for setup. It's basically two steps. Linking the key to your phone via NFC. Then scanning your fingerprint over that dot on the surface.

Did some sending and receiving of coin. To send out or move coin you have to scan your finger on the key to turn it on, then tap the back of your phone and boom it’s sent. 

Pros- very easy setup. Obvious UX came from professional big business/marketing. 

Cons- only current way to buy coin straight to your wallet is through coinbase which is pain. Also, for now no sending or receiving via Lightning. Given you can do that via CashApp from Block I would think that's coming soon. 

Overall cool addition to market. Definitely looking to make things easy to noobs and boomers. No writing down or hiding seed phrases. For shits will probably buy one for my mom for her bday. Set it up with her and drop a little coin on it for fun. 

• Fuck You 2

So turns out the Bitkey is pretty cool. Slick packaging. 
IMG-1452.jpg
For a size comparison
IMG-1457.jpg
It has some weight to it. 

You download the app to your phone for setup. It's basically two steps. Linking the key to your phone via NFC. Then scanning your fingerprint over that dot on the surface.
Did some sending and receiving of coin. To send out or move coin you have to scan your finger on the key to turn it on, then tap the back of your phone and boom it’s sent. 

Pros- very easy setup. Obvious UX came from professional big business/marketing. 
Cons- only current way to buy coin straight to your wallet is through coinbase which is pain. Also, for now no sending or receiving via Lightning. Given you can do that via CashApp from Block I would think that's coming soon. 
Overall cool addition to market. Definitely looking to make things easy to noobs and boomers. No writing down or hiding seed phrases. For shits will probably buy one for my mom for her bday. Set it up with her and drop a little coin on it for fun. 

Is it Bitcoin only? Or can you store ETH on it as well?