Refrigerators

Unplugged my fridge for 24 hours.  Plugged it back in and the compressor doesn't seem to be kicking in?  The fan is blowing but I don't get that low growl from the compressor start.  I feel air blowing from underneath, but it feels room temperature, not warm as  it would if the coils were dissipating heat.

Any ideas instead of buying a new fridge?  

On 8/11/2018 at 10:31 PM, dcbc said:

Just lost a GE profile due to compressor failure after only 10 years.  Cost to have a repairman replace the compressor was approaching the price of a new fridge.

Proud owner of a Whirlpool Side by Side. 

My whirlpool burned up a compressor 3 months  in.  Good luck.

I bought my roommates’ 25 year old dryer when I was in college because it stopped working and he was just going to get rid of it. I paid $15. Used it another 15 years. All it needed was a belt. 40 years. They don’t make em like that anymore.

I bought my roommates’ 25 year old dryer when I was in college because it stopped working and he was just going to get rid of it. I paid $15. Used it another 15 years. All it needed was a belt. 40 years. They don’t make em like that anymore.

Well given many new dryers look like the cockpit of an Apollo Command Module, yeah there’s a lot of shit to break