Chapter 11 debtor, nka Noon Mediterranean, fka Verts, fka Verts Kebap

DalTxHornFan

They definitely grew too fast. It felt like they were still playing with the general concept while simultaneously opening in lots of stores in high-rent locations.  The one on Walnut Hill in Dallas changed fom Vertskebap to Verts something like 30 seconds after opening.  The sign hadn’t even been wired and they were taking it down.  

They started with a really efficient, well executed and unique concept, the döner kebap, with well executed and unique branding. They did really well with that, made a very large capital raise, apparently got some really terrible advice and shifted to inefficient, poorly executed, generically branded “Mediterranean”, in the most played out form-factors possible: the bowl-wrap-salad option.

Now they are rebranding again, to “This Space for Lease”.

• Like 2

A few years ago it was my kids favorite place and we went once or twice a week.  We went less and less as they took away almost every topping they liked-corn, red pepper, cucumber slices, Romain lettuce, the pita bun, and finally the gyro meat.  They deserve to go out of business.

A few years ago it was my kids favorite place and we went once or twice a week.  We went less and less as they took away almost every topping they liked-corn, red pepper, cucumber slices, Romain lettuce, the pita bun, and finally the gyro meat.  They deserve to go out of business.

At some point, the meat they were using turned to leather. Seriously, it was inedible. How was that a good move? Nevermind the whole menu and branding fuckup....how is “let’s go from edible meat to chewy shoe leather” a smart move?

At some point, the meat they were using turned to leather. Seriously, it was inedible. How was that a good move? Nevermind the whole menu and branding fuckup....how is “let’s go from edible meat to chewy shoe leather” a smart move?
Appears it wasnt

The food was good when he was selling it out of the back of a car.  It was ok for a while when they were brick and mortar Verts.  It sucked shortly after.  There was always a fucking dolt working the register and the place was dirty as shit. It was always vacant and the food and service were bad. I was surprised that they expanded so quickly.  I honestly thought it was some sort of Ponzi or money laundering scheme.   

I read an article where the CEO discussed the necessity of rebranding.  He said that Verts Kebap was confusing, people had no idea what type of food they sold because verts means green in French. He also said Verts wasn't "millennial" enough.  

51 minutes ago, Cousin Strawberry said:

The food was good when he was selling it out of the back of a car.  It was ok for a while when they were brick and mortar Verts.  It sucked shortly after.  There was always a fucking dolt working the register and the place was dirty as shit. It was always vacant and the food and service were bad. I was surprised that they expanded so quickly.  I honestly thought it was some sort of Ponzi or money laundering scheme.   

I read an article where the CEO discussed the necessity of rebranding.  He said that Verts Kebap was confusing, people had no idea what type of food they sold because verts means green in French. He also said Verts wasn't "millennial" enough.  

yes, as if Kebap did not inform people as to what food it was, but rather it was a foreign color.  Like im not sure if Pizza Hut sells pies or is actually a real estate agency.