2018 Houston Astros Season Thread

Planet Houston

2 minutes ago, tx 3 putt said:

if correa isnt out there the first game after the all star break, some alarm bells need to be going off 

thank god we didn't sign him to wulaw's 500mil contract 

Maybe he got popped for weed and this is an unofficial suspension that MLB wants to keep quiet?  Surely a world class athlete doesn’t take three weeks to get over a “sore back”. 

they had originally planned to have correa rehab in the minors during the asb.  the fact that they're not is disconcerting.

also can we (all of mlb) stop with these ridiculous "before the all-star break" records?  when teams are playing 100 fucking games before the break, it seems a little unfair.

• Like 2

All of you horn dogs that for whatever reason think Julia Morales is hot should check out the A’s reporter that goes into the stands to interview fans, Kara Tsuboi.  Some hot ass Asian snatch.  Fo real.

Those of you with mlb app go back to the June 10 game against KC where the fan caught two foul balls in a row and select the A’s telecast.  She leads off top of the 7th and top of the 8th.

Going to have to do more research on this one to find her in some better form fitting clothes.  Face is 100% better than Mumbles.

Edited by Fudge Nuggets

On 6/13/2018 at 12:40 PM, UTexasFight said:

3 games back for best record at the moment, 0.5 game back of Seattle in the West.
I’ll go with a 2-3 game lead on best record at the All-Star break and 6-7 game lead in the West.
Tough schedules coming up for NYY, BOS and SEA.

From back on June 13.

close on the division lead (5)... Seattle did what I expected. 

Red Sox have stayed impressive. Astros tied with Yankees, but 4.5 back of BOS

that said, stay the course. It’s ridiculous how much the difficulty on our strength of schedule was frontloaded.

Red Sox have 10 left with the Yankees, 7 with Indians. Plus 3 each with us and the Braves. 

9 of their last 12 are against the Yanks and Tribe.

should be fun

We're not really tied with the Yankees. They have a better win percentage and are two ahead of us in the loss column.

We have played 4 more games than the Yankees. Two more wins and two more losses. If the Yankees go 3-1 in those extra games and play even in the rest, they finish a game ahead. If they go 2-2 then we are tied.

Sorry to nitpick....I agree that we have hell of a ride ahead of us.

I’ll nitpick too then...

Don’t underestimate having to play 4 more games than us in the same number of days...even if it is stretched out over 2+ months (including a DH)

I’d rather have the two extra wins.

Ultimately our record vs Yanks doesn’t matter as long as we win the division (assuming they win the wild card). Wild card doesn’t host an LCS over a division winner

I’m curious what the plan is with Giles.

Hasn’t appeared in any of Fresno’s 4 games since getting sent down.

Granted today was the first save opportunity, but they were on the losing end of 2 one run games end of last week so 3 opportunities for him to pitch in close and tight games.

Part of me was thinking they were maybe just going to let him stew down there for a week and lose his all star break but with White getting sent down, Houston is down to 11 position players so it won’t be a pitcher getting called up as his corresponding move

I definitely like the fact that the Yankees (and others) have to play more games than we do after the break. Regardless of record, those extra innings may help wear down their pitching staff, especially since they are in a race with the Red Sox they can't afford to just bring minor leaguers to soak up those innings.

A brief, non-statistical "first half" synopsis from someone who started following the Astros way back in 1968:

Had you told me last winter we'd have 64 wins going into the All-Star break, I'd have been happy. Had you told me we'd do that with our offense having been so sporadic, I'd have been really happy. Then again, had you told me we'd have this record with our starting pitchers getting off to such a historic start, I'd have been bummed. 

Bregman has blown up. Altuve, Springer and Correa have flattened out. Gonzalez, Gattis, McCann and Reddick have declined. McHugh and Sipp have really improved. Peacock has dropped back a bit. Giles has rather predictably wandered off the reservation. Some of the kids show promise. 

So...looking at it from all the angles, I'd say 64-35 is solid. Not awesome, not disappointing...just solid. Which shows how high my standards have become after only five decades.

I’m curious what the plan is with Giles.Hasn’t appeared in any of Fresno’s 4 games since getting sent down.

Granted today was the first save opportunity, but they were on the losing end of 2 one run games end of last week so 3 opportunities for him to pitch in close and tight games.

Part of me was thinking they were maybe just going to let him stew down there for a week and lose his all star break but with White getting sent down, Houston is down to 11 position players so it won’t be a pitcher getting called up as his corresponding move

Today was the 1st day he was activated.

And I sure hope that it is Correa coming off the DL as the corresponding move.