Raccoon or possum removal, Austin

drt

Asking for a friend.  Pretty sure this friend has a raccoon or possum visiting their yard each night to munch on foliage.  What does one do with a raccoon or possum inside the Austin city limits if you trap it in a live trap?  Austin being Austin, Animal Control will just reintroduce it into the neighborhood as its been shown to be able to survive there, and they can't guarantee it will elsewhere. 

So options: Trashcan of water, drive out of town and release on some country road, call a dude, electrify the trap and watch your fence burst into flames?  TIA.

1 hour ago, The Gimp said:

Munching on foliage?  Might be deer.

Haven't seen any shiny red noses on the shop's roof where the poop is, but maybe it's because of that spiral staircase.  Do deer eat citrus?

Duke dogproof coon trap. They are badass! I highly recommend.

Disposal is up to you. But just so you know..their leg is whats trapped. They are a flopping around- pissed off ball of fur when you get near them.

Air rifle, pellet gun, or arrow would be my choice if you are in a city neighborhood. Out in the sticks...whatever your heart desires. Haaaa88244b3f57375f841c6d8c7308334648.jpg

Sent from my SM-J727T using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Duke dogproof coon trap. They are badass! I highly recommend.

Disposal is up to you. But just so you know..their leg is whats trapped. They are a flopping around- pissed off ball of fur when you get near them.

Air rifle, pellet gun, or arrow would be my choice if you are in a city neighborhood. Out in the sticks...whatever your heart desires. Haaaa88244b3f57375f841c6d8c7308334648.jpg

Sent from my SM-J727T using Tapatalk

This is what we use. We trap coons weekly. This one was responsible for killing one of my turkeys. I can set 6 traps with sardines and all 6 will have a coon the next morning.

Made Raccoon Green Chile Enchiladas with it. 5df06731d41746dbb6a03cdb36d393f2.jpg486faf0399dc073e72204662a296246f.jpg5e6c5d5e9efbf05894584384c813e10c.jpg

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

• Like 1

15 hours ago, woohorn said:

Don't they eat grubs n shit? I would go nuclear with Triazicide once a month to kill the bugs.

Yes...they are digging for grubs and other worms.

I threw out a box of moth balls last night because supposedly they do not like the smell, and boy do they smell.

If that doesn't work I will give your suggestion a try.