Eat crow motherfuckers

Coach pop a bitch

6 minutes ago, MaybeACoordinator said:

It's always nice to win an early season Anxiety Bowl. And I will have my cuervo al pastor, with cilantro and onions on a corn tortilla with an avocado slice, queso blanco and salsa verde. 

You should follow that up with some smooth tequila and some latin pussy...

• Like 1

Helton lost his team with this loss. When they lost the lead you could see it on their sideline. His days are numbered.

Which why this win was so important. I was worried that could happen to us. It showed some grit getting off the canvas and hammering out a convincing win.

I’m still on the fence about Herman, but the team is better than it was at any time in Charlie’s tenure or any time last year. They will improve. Still could be a rough season, but fuck the dickless wonders who were going around saying we wouldn’t win another game or that we’d go 1-5. Fuck you all. 

• Like 3

The game was fun and winning feels good. But all the problems aren’t gone. 

Swoopes beating Notre Dame a few years ago felt great too at the time. Turned out to not mean much. 

I hope this game turns out to mean something more, but I’m going to wait a few more games before believing Texas is back. 

This could just be Herman’s Notre Dame game. 

7 hours ago, Hamttx said:

Helton lost his team with this loss. When they lost the lead you could see it on their sideline. His days are numbered.

Which why this win was so important. I was worried that could happen to us. It showed some grit getting off the canvas and hammering out a convincing win.

This is where I’m at. At 14-3, it looked like this was about to be a woodshed type of game in their favor. We got punched in the mouth, fought back, and fucked then up. We’ve seen this team get punched in the mouth and curl up into a ball, so that was a big step in the right direction 

I guess I'll eat crow on this game.  I thought we'd play USC tough, but lose another close one like we always seem to do.  Happy to be wrong.  Aside from the score and wins/losses, I'm looking for progress and improvement from week to week, which is something we really didn't see at all last year.

Some encouraging bright spots:

1) kicking game obviously

2) Our pass blocking is much better through 3 games under Hand than I thought it would be - Sam actually had some time in the pocket. Our run game still looks shitty to me, but I think that's due more to play design and scheme rather than OL coaching.

3) Sam, while not Dam Marino obviously, looks better as a passer.  Yes, he's still inaccurate, but he didn't throw any picks that I recall and he made some nice throws.  

4) After looking like shit in the first quarter, our D bowed up and played much better football.

Major concern:

-- I still don't trust Mensa and Beck and their scheme and playcalls.  We have way too many "what in the fuck are we trying to do here?" moments in the game on offense, and we keep doing the same silly shit over and over.  

8 hours ago, Tex Pete said:

I’m still on the fence about Herman, but the team is better than it was at any time in Charlie’s tenure or any time last year. They will improve. Still could be a rough season, but fuck the dickless wonders who were going around saying we wouldn’t win another game or that we’d go 1-5. Fuck you all. 

Fuck you, Mack Brown.  Nice to get 900 against USC in our house.  

Edited by LongestHorn