Oklahoma State vs. Coach Bro

oSuJeff97

1 hour ago, Monster said:

Is Tech using a different QB now, than they did in their 1 loss?  Seems like I read that somewhere...

It's been true freshman Alan Bowman for a while now, since their starter got hurt.

Edited by JBJ

18 hours ago, JBJ said:

It's been true freshman Alan Bowman for a while now, since their starter got hurt.

McClane got hurt in the first Q against Ole Miss.

Also thread title needs to have Paddle Bros or Mullets if you're gonna call out Coach Bro, which is fine.)

Edited by slorch

1 minute ago, Bevojoe said:

Saw that Coach Bro bitch slapped Coach Mullet in his own trailer park 41-17. Is okie-lite that bad or tech that good?

Okie lite defense is bad... real bad. And there QB CornDog isnt the answer. Grad Transfer Dru Brown should be getting snaps but Gundy being stubborn about it. All my family and most friends are Poke fans and  aren’t happy. First time Tech beat em at stilly since 2001

Starts with Pokes O-Line though, they just can’t block. One of the best RB in the league but the line is having Issues allowing himTo run. Tech was dropping players back because they knew there wasn’t a running threat. Like gundy said “got out coached, and out played”

6 hours ago, okiehorn said:

Okie lite defense is bad... real bad. And there QB CornDog isnt the answer. Grad Transfer Dru Brown should be getting snaps but Gundy being stubborn about it. All my family and most friends are Poke fans and  aren’t happy. First time Tech beat em at stilly since 2001

Defense had looked passable the first few weeks. Hard to declare them "real bad" after a single blowout against a team that can score the way Tech does. 

On 9/23/2018 at 5:08 AM, El Diablo said:

Defense had looked passable the first few weeks. Hard to declare them "real bad" after a single blowout against a team that can score the way Tech does. 

Yeah...Tech can score, no doubt, but my bigger concern (if I were a Pokes fan) was that the OSU defense couldn't tackle worth a shit, couldn't get off of blocks, etc. Haven't watched them this season before Saturday, so maybe this was an aberration, but that defense looked fundamentally bad in ways beyond simply being out-schemed. 

The thing is that the defense didn't look any better/worse than it has against Tech the past several years.  In our last four games against Tech, the defense has given up 41, 34, 45 and 53 points.  We won the first three in that group.

The big huge massive difference was the offense was fucking terrible.  And when you just keep handing Texas Tech the ball over and over and over again they are going to score.  As bad as Tech has been with Coach Bro, they've never not shown the ability to move the ball and score.  (And he's shown over and over again that he is excellent at identifying and coaching up QBs.  This Bowman kid is going to be a huge PITA over the next several years.)

If our offense had done ANYTHING in that game after the 1st quarter, the defense would have looked a lot better.  As it was, they didn't stand a chance.  I mean, our offense had 90 yards and zero points in the second half against that shitty ass Texas Tech defense.  That's completely unacceptable.

Edited by oSuJeff97