John Denver's Full of Shit: Tech vs WVU

I like to think they'd like a do-over of this game. Came out completely flat in the first quarter and probably would have had a much greater chance to win if they hadn't.

Sucks that we're gonna lose, but I'm proud of the defense for stepping up after that disaster first quarter.

Edited by Brian Fantana

Watching this Pedo St vs Urban St game - damn I miss night games at the Jones!!

In just under 5 1/2 seasons KK is now 6 - 13 in games with 11:00 start times. 

In 10 seasons, Leach's teams only played in 14 games with the early kick. I'm not making any sort of judgement just providing a stat. It's not just a perception that Tech has been playing a crap ton of early games - it's a fact that they are.

But if you are wondering, Mike went 9 -5 in those games. He won a bunch of games here - no denying that. The gameday atmosphere was fantastic because of it. But what also made it great was that his teams never quit (usually) and they scored - a lot.

....and they played a bunch of games under the lights.

Edited by BluTechsan

It's pretty easy to rag on Duffey for this one.  He really didn't do all that bad for a third stringer who was playing meaningful snaps for literally the first time.  TT won 24-7 or some such after he came in.

Just from what I hear, Bowman's injury appears to be a collar bone.  So, we could be seeing more of our friend Jett.

12 hours ago, BluTechsan said:

In 10 seasons, Leach's teams only played in 14 games with the early kick. I'm not making any sort of judgement just providing a stat. It's not just a perception that Tech has been playing a crap ton of early games - it's a fact that they are.

But if you are wondering, Mike went 9 -5 in those games. He won a bunch of games here - no denying that. The gameday atmosphere was fantastic because of it. But what also made it great was that his teams never quit (usually) and they scored - a lot.

....and they played a bunch of games under the lights.

The current TV deal wasn't in effect when Mike was coaching, or at least not until the very end of his time at Tech.  There's no doubt that the program was in much better shape during his tenure and that more neutral fans were interested in watching Tech when he was the coach, but Tech still would've gotten slotted into a lot of 11am games then just as we are now.  I mean, there weren't many 11am kicks when Spike Dykes was the coach either, but that says nothing about excellence of the program under Spike.

Edited by Dirk X West

7 hours ago, Dirk X West said:

But no cracked ribs, though, eh?  Anyone know how it takes to recover from a collapsed lung?

You remember major disappointment, Leon Mackey?  He had a partially collapsed lung and missed two games.  Someone told a story of running into him after the recovery period and him saying his ribs were still bothering him.  Not ideal for a QB if the situation is similar.

Don Williams tweeted WebMD says a week or two for recovery I believe it was.  Off week for TT is pretty timely.  TCU too I suppose.

Edited by pigmeat markham
  • Like 1