Fort Worth is exploding

wild_turkey

Since we had fun with the old Park Central hotel bar the other day... Wasn’t there a Clique’s or something around here back in the day? Not the pool hall spelled Clicks. 

Yeah, I’ve never had a problem with them. I guess living in NYC and Chicago made me immune to noticing them...or like you said, everyone else is pussies.

8 hours ago, spystud13 said:

I want to say it was behind the Risky’s on Camp Bowie West in that weird strip center near Denny’s & the blue glass Hickman building. May be like a fucking dance studio now or some shit. 

I think you are correct.  I vaguely remember going there sometime around 2001-2002.

Two more for you, if any of you get the second one you're real good. 

First one was a pool hall in that strip center between Electric Cowboy & Spring Creek (closer to EC). It was actually pretty fucking nice once you got inside, bar right there in front, plenty of TVs, then a shitload of pool tables going back in a rectangle a lot farther than you would expect from the outside. They were just never gonna make enough $ in that location to sustain their overhead. 

Second was in the complex by Chili's on Hulen, down in the corner spot past Play It Again Sports. Bar on the right, one or two pool tables in the front, then a fucking dance floor of some type with fucking black & white checkerboard tile. Only went once cause I saw an ad in the Weekly, don't think it even lasted 3 months. No fucking clue what it was called. 

We went last weekend and really enjoyed it.

For appetizer we had the Calamari. It had banana peppers and okra as well. Great remoulade sauce for dipping. Probably the best fried okra I’ve ever had.

Dinner for me was blackened redfish topped with crawfish ettouffee. Came with dirty rice and more okra. Absolutely 0 complaints there. Portion was huge but I’m a man so I ate it all. Wife(no pics) had fried crawfish tails. They seemed bigger than average and were also great.

We shared a banana pudding for desert and once again had no complaints at all. It was also great.

Will definitely be returning.

3 hours ago, dmtx said:

Went to Tricky Fish. the chips and fish was really good. server said it was cod. i expected it to come in planks like long john silver. it was a big fried filet.  

Wife had this on Tuesday while I had crawfish etoufee-solid on both counts.  Service was attentive but not intrusive, dessert was excellent.  Our first time there will not be our last.

Went to the new BBQ place in Montgomery Plaza.  Reminded me a lot of Red Hot and Blue.    The brisket was very average but everything else was pretty damn good (ribs and sides).  The management seems to be way better than the previous two dozen restaurants that were in that spot.

It is not a sports bar.  They have tv's but they are not catering to that type of atmosphere.  

5 minutes ago, JOSEYWALES66 said:

Went to the new BBQ place in Montgomery Plaza.  Reminded me a lot of Red Hot and Blue.    The brisket was very average but everything else was pretty damn good (ribs and sides).  The management seems to be way better than the previous two dozen restaurants that were in that spot.

It is not a sports bar.  They have tv's but they are not catering to that type of atmosphere.  

Anyone checked out the oyster place?

30 minutes ago, thestud said:

Might have had the worst smoked turkey breast I’ve ever had today at Heim. Couldn’t even be offset by the $8/oz pours of Elmer T Lee.

If I'm doing BBQ in FW it's that trailer where heim originated. I've learned my lesson with heim

4 minutes ago, NOMAAA said:

Anyone had the new sub shop on camp Bowie? Cuban looks great but it also looks like an only meal of the day kind of place. 

camp bowie and horne? if so, tried going there a few weeks back at 1PM, i was one of 4-5 ppl in there including a couple ahead of me in line. I get up to the front and fire my order off and get a "sorry, we're out of pulled pork"..... HOW THE F! It was 1PM on a weekday and they obviously weren't that busy. Reading up on yelp it seems that similar stuff has happened. It'll be a while before I give them another shot

Edited by bluto