Fort Worth is exploding

wild_turkey

Never change, NOMAAA. 

On 4/4/2022 at 12:24 PM, shadow_operative2.0 said:

Restaurant should be open real soon. 

On 4/4/2022 at 12:27 PM, NOMAAA said:

Is Westland a real thing?  ive never heard that.

On 6/8/2022 at 4:36 PM, ss13 said:

Dayne's scrapping Berry, moving to 'Westland' directly across the street from Margie's. 

FUlHxLWWYAQvrCu?format=jpg&name=900x900

That JD's Hamburgers out there is taking forever. 

On 6/8/2022 at 4:48 PM, NOMAAA said:

so that guy was able to get Westland to be recognized as a town or whatever?

Ha. Just don’t keep as close of tabs on it I guess. Forgot. My bad. Either way glad to see some good stuff happening on that side of town. Wish they’d get rid of some of the drug hotels between the circle and Westland and get west Fort Worth going in the right direction. 

We should for sure do a wefowo happy hour at some point though. 

7 hours ago, shadow_operative2.0 said:

Speaking of the circle, what is the average patron age at this joint? 

That's in the antique mall. 

And jackshit has happened in the old Royal Falcon/BBQ on the Brazos spot yet. 

Went there two weeks ago on Sunday and I'd put the average at 65 or more.  But the chocolate and coconut pie they serve requires you order BEFORE ordering your meal because it is gone quickly and is outstanding.  Like Carshon's, the chocolate filling is warm when served.

• Like 1

Went to Jon’s Grille today for my weekly indulgence. No wait at 1pm. Burger is the Stockshow. Brisket, burnt ends, Mac n cheese with candied bacon and onion rings. Not a fan of onion string style rings, but that’s splitting hairs. Will definitely be back. Very good. Brisket was slightly dry and lacking flavor, but far from the worst I’ve ever had

88178cd44699a8d4e65aeccaf4cf507f.jpg

36abec1cfcf107869bcf36e3ba9be820.jpg

• Like 2
  • Drool 1

On 9/16/2022 at 4:51 PM, shadow_operative2.0 said:

Also, the Pluckers by Main Event has to be fucking hating life missing all these early football weekends. 

Looks like Saturday, October 8 will be their first real day. They're giving away food next week for training. 

https://www.pluckers.com/news/get-a-free-meal-at-our-2nd-fort-worth-location

8 hours ago, shadow_operative2.0 said:

That ain’t good. Owner dying unexpectedly rarely ends well for anyone. 

Like the former owner of the Paris Coffee Shop died 6 months into retirement after selling.  Very disappointed in the new version.

3 hours ago, TornACL said:

Is Panther City still solid? Thinking I might take some visitors there Friday for lunch before we head to Dallas.

Definitely.  When the Goldee's crew shows up during the week to eat lunch, you know they are still doing things the right way.

• Hook 'Em 1

9 hours ago, shadow_operative2.0 said:

Anyone been to Mi Cocula on Camp Bowie, in the old Texas Grill spot next to Party Warehouse? 

I miss the Texas Grill but Mi Cocula does good work.  The Grill served a great burger when they were open.

10 hours ago, pch said:

I miss the Texas Grill but Mi Cocula does good work.  The Grill served a great burger when they were open. 

Lone Star Grill on 377 in Benbrook is the same menu, but a terrible place to eat in. Fortunately I live close enough for pick-up. 

1 hour ago, Frank Erwin said:

It is not one of my favorites, but I would recommend it

That is the definition of a backhanded compliment. 

• Hook 'Em 1

If anyone wants a final trip. 

The ever-shrinking Luby’s chain of Texas cafeterias will close a 25-year-old location on South Hulen Street on Sunday. 

The closing, expected since the Houston-based company changed hands last year, leaves only a single location in the Fort Worth-Arlington area to order Luby’s “LuAnn Plates,” fried “square fish” fillets and Thanksgiving or Christmas turkey dinners to go.

The location at 5901 S. Hulen St. originally opened in 1998, replacing a Luby’s that had opened in 1977 inside then-brand-new Hulen Mall when that neighborhood was new and booming.

A Luby’s 9 miles east at 3312 SE Loop 820, Forest Hill, remains open. It was one of 31 Luby’s bought by a new ownership group led by Calvin Gin of Chicago. 

• Like 1

FWST talking about the new high rise apt bldg going up downtown. It’s the tallest new construction since 2009 (Omni) at 27 stories. Bloody hell how do they miss out on the coke binge corporate/population/free money explosion across the state during the teens on building vertical and juicing the CBD. I guess panther island took focus instead?