Fort Worth is exploding

wild_turkey

[mention=1717]Dr Fear[/mention], does ol’ girl Sommer’s family still have the glass company? 
Because I can’t think of very many things worse than going with NOMAAA. 
Lol, they are mainly commercial, I don't believe they do residential replacement.

I’m in south FW and it wasn’t anything. When I do my cardio the day after pretty much any storm of consequence, there are tree branches down and trash cans blown around. Nothing this morning. 

At the gym, though, a guy who was driving through Bedford at the time had to pull over because it was blowing his heavy-ass Range Rover across the lanes. A semi parked behind him and he said the trailer, at least, nearly got blown over. 

I’m sure it’s just the start of another exciting spring in North Texas. I’m about ready to trade it in for the risk of earthquakes. 

On Bryant Irvin, at Hawaiian Bros. A tree in the median fell over. Blocked two of the northbound lanes. 

And btw, Angelo's BBQ hasn't got any better. Still avg at best. Lean and fatty brisket were moist, but odd smoky flavor and void of any rub. Big miss.

20230303_135754.jpg

On Bryant Irvin, at Hawaiian Bros. A tree in the median fell over. Blocked two of the northbound lanes. 
And btw, Angelo's BBQ hasn't got any better. Still avg at best. Lean and fatty brisket were moist, but odd smoky flavor and void of any rub. Big miss.

20230303_135754.thumb.jpg.6ef96f3447f3544941b531797611a817.jpg

Angelos hasnt upped its game and remains stuck in 1990. It seems to have fallen with all the roadwork. If I’m eating ftw og barbecue I’m going Railhead or Sammies.

On 2/20/2023 at 8:09 PM, DalTxHornFan said:

The Startlegram article about the Mexican Inn closing also included the tidbit that Bailey's on Taylor Street downtown is one of the two oldest barbecue restaurants (along with Black's in Lockhart) still owned and operated by the original families.  Who knew? 

See what you've done? 

• Hook 'Em 2

2 hours ago, shadow_operative2.0 said:

Any of you kids up north been here yet? Some pretty good pics on the home page. 

https://truckyardalliance.com

Also, appears the Hookers Grill in the stove shop closed. That fucking sucks, but they didn’t market it for shit. 

Shows to be a Hooker's Grill on Exchange and another on Crockett off W 7th. No way they're related to the one in the stove shop, right?

36 minutes ago, shadow_operative2.0 said:

Will be interesting to see how long the hot chicken fad lasts. Already starting to see some closures. 

Probably not as long as I’d like. The AMF at Cookshack was decent heat for a restaurant, after a few pieces. I’m hoping they’ll be able to stick around. Maybe the second hottest restaurant food I’ve had since Firehouse over in Dallas closed. 

10 minutes ago, Doc Daneeka said:

Probably not as long as I’d like. The AMF at Cookshack was decent heat for a restaurant, after a few pieces. I’m hoping they’ll be able to stick around. Maybe the second hottest restaurant food I’ve had since Firehouse over in Dallas closed. 

Def think we’re at hot chicken saturation point. But Cook shack survived covid so that’s pretty damn impressive/indicative to me of a strong customer base they have. 

6 minutes ago, Herbie Hancock said:

Trevor at Brix BBQ has a sammich he calls the Funkytown Hot Chicken that slams. He has recently started doing Funkytown Hot Chicken tacos and I need to waddle my ass over there to get some. 

Any idea when his place on S. Main is opening up?

we only do commercial as well.  Ajax or Champion is your best bet.

Called Ajax and they said they no longer do Windows. Their guy had to take a permanent leave. No clue wtf that meant but I asked who they recommend and they sent me to Binswanger Glass. Y’all hear of them?

On 3/5/2023 at 9:25 PM, Herbie Hancock said:

Fuck I miss Smoke Pit and trashy titties. 

And Smokey's on East Lancaster-used to take a turkey there before thanksgiving every year and get it smoked for .35 a pound. 

• Like 1