Fort Worth is exploding

wild_turkey

Lockwood Distillery in Richardson just announced they're opening a FW location at Magnolia and Fairmount.  We're big fans of the original location - the owners are great people, delicious food, pretty solid gin/whiskey - so I hope their expansion west goes well for them.

Edited by sasquatch69

3 minutes ago, sasquatch69 said:

Lockwood Distillery in Richardson just announced they're opening a FW location at Magnolia and Fairmount.  We're big fans of the original location - the owners are great people, delicious food, pretty solid gin/whiskey - so I hope their expansion west goes well for them.

I notice the storefront by the weedstore had a TABC notice in front the other day, didn't get a closer look.  Also, for these that live in the area, the old Fort Worth Pizza & Brewery at College and Magnolia is now a liquor store.

Rivian Automotive, the electric-vehicle startup backed by Amazon.com Inc., is in talks to invest at least $5 billion to build a factory near Fort Worth, Texas, according to a document obtained by Bloomberg News.

The factory — codenamed “Project Tera” according to the document — will be able to produce 200,000 vehicles a year, and will create at least 7,500 jobs by 2027. The presentation, made by the City of Fort Worth’s Economic Development Department to the City Council and dated Aug. 10, also includes a number of incentives including grants and county tax abatement of up to $440 million.

The $5 billion capital investment commitment from Rivian includes a minimum $2 billion in real property improvements and $1.6 billion in hard construction costs, the document shows. The company has committed to completing its initial investments by the end of 2024.

The proposed 2,000-acre Walsh Ranch site in Texas is located 12 miles southwest of downtown Fort Worth. Upon completion, the plant would include 12 million square feet of vertical construction. Rivian will ensure minimum average annual salaries of $56,000, according to the document.

https://www.autoblog.com/2021/08/11/rivian-plant-fort-worth-texas/

I see that Rabbit Hole Pub (former VIPs) is open for business. 

I was surprised this morning to see it open when I drove to work this morning. 

I see now that it opens at 7am on weekday mornings. 

Unfortunately on weekends they open at 11, if Google is accurate. If they opened at 7 on Saturday, I would definitely go have a bloody mary on 9/4 to celebrate the first full week of college football. 

Salad and Go on Hulen opened up this week.  I'd like to buy the adjacent lot to it and put it a more carnivore-forward joint. I like that stretch on Hulen.  It needs more "pop" though.  

21 hours ago, shadow_operative2.0 said:

Posted this in the poker thread, but there’s a legal room opening soon in Willow Park. It will be called The Fort, big space, they’re hoping for 18 tables. 

And this is right across a little side street, will probably print fucking $. 

https://www.instagram.com/parkercountyicehouse

The storefront there looks great. We do good work. If anyone builds stuff hit me up. 

Drove to Fair Park in 2013 and parked in someone’s front yard for $60. Took the TRE the next year and never looked back. Only way to go. One Bloody Mary at the house. Two roadies for the drive to FW. One Coke Zero bottle with a heavy dose of Evan Williams bottled in bond. And then two 20oz plastic flasks, one in each boot.

This probably doesn’t include anyone in here but just in case you ever decide to go south on FM5/Mikus off 20 during afternoon school hours, DON’T. Granted it’s first day and a brand new school, but the line trying to get in to there was stupid long. If you’re familiar with the area the school is right across from Annetta Cemetery and the traffic was backed up(at a standstill still) to McDavid Estates and Stone Creek.

Anyone had jury duty since ‘Rona? Shittiest part back in the day was the huge cattle-call sitting in that one room just waiting for your name to be called. Well, now you answer all the basic questions online beforehand. So look what I get to do on Monday... 

Report directly to:

Judge Don Pierson

Monday, August 23, 2021 at 9:00 AM

Tom Vandergriff Civil Courts Building
Charles J. Murray Courtroom, 2nd Floor
100 North Calhoun, Fort Worth, TX, 76196

Will probably be some shitty land-ownership case involving a Motel 6 owner I can’t understand. 

• Haha 1

On 8/18/2021 at 1:53 PM, Herbie Hancock said:

Drove to Fair Park in 2013 and parked in someone’s front yard for $60. Took the TRE the next year and never looked back. Only way to go. One Bloody Mary at the house. Two roadies for the drive to FW. One Coke Zero bottle with a heavy dose of Evan Williams bottled in bond. And then two 20oz plastic flasks, one in each boot.

The TRE is a great way to go. Don't like it as much coming back, but in the morning it's a party.

Last time we loaded up some tumblers with bloody marys for the train ride. Cop on board walks by, looks over, says "I bet that's not orange juice in there", laughs and walks on.

18 minutes ago, shadow_operative2.0 said:

Anyone had jury duty since ‘Rona? Shittiest part back in the day was the huge cattle-call sitting in that one room just waiting for your name to be called. Well, now you answer all the basic questions online beforehand. So look what I get to do on Monday... 

Will probably be some shitty land-ownership case involving a Motel 6 owner I can’t understand. 

I had it in Juvie a few months ago.  We did the big 50 person panel and I was one of the last strikes and didn't make the jury.  It is nice they they are not doing the big cattle call at the criminal courts building and then making everyone walk to the various courts anymore. The civil courts building is really nice if you have not been yet.  They made some sort of attempt to keep us 6 feet apart, but other than that, it was pretty normal.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, TornACL said:

The TRE is a great way to go. Don't like it as much coming back, but in the morning it's a party.

Last time we loaded up some tumblers with bloody marys for the train ride. Cop on board walks by, looks over, says "I bet that's not orange juice in there", laughs and walks on.

TRE is a good ride-but DART can sometimes screw this idea all to hell.  We missed nearly all of the first quarter of 2006 due to a DART breakdown.

Just now, shadow_operative2.0 said:

Yeah, that big room fucking sucked. 1000+ people, you could be one of the first 50 called or one of the last 50, nothing to do but sit & listen to a bunch of fucking names. 

Also, it is going to be a car wreck lawsuit.

Went to Original Del Norte tonight (old El Rancho Grande in Northside). Food quality was perfectly fine, service was spotty, but they tried. Problem was price v. quantity. Two ‘puffy’ tacos, rice, & beans was $16. Well, the tacos were tiny, & puffy would be extremely kind. Filling tasted good though. You would get much more food on Tuesdays & Wednesdays at Pulido’s with their old $5.99 taco plate. 

I would return, but definitely order the Roosevelt Special next time. That was $13 & an appropriate portion. 

On 8/19/2021 at 7:08 PM, shadow_operative2.0 said:

Went to Original Del Norte tonight (old El Rancho Grande in Northside). Food quality was perfectly fine, service was spotty, but they tried. Problem was price v. quantity. Two ‘puffy’ tacos, rice, & beans was $16. Well, the tacos were tiny, & puffy would be extremely kind. Filling tasted good though. You would get much more food on Tuesdays & Wednesdays at Pulido’s with their old $5.99 taco plate. 

I would return, but definitely order the Roosevelt Special next time. That was $13 & an appropriate portion. 

Glad they have improved their game, because when I went 2-3 months ago, the food (cheese enchilada plate) had no flavor whatsoever, the salsa was runny/tasteless, and the tortillas were like rubber. I was shocked as to how different the food was between their two locations.

1 hour ago, shadow_operative2.0 said:

I really should have taken a pic of the baby tacos, but we were in that little 3-table bar area, so it would have been fairly obvious I wasn’t pumped. 

Sorry, but I guess my point was that the food has apparently improved to perfectly fine from the suckage I had encountered during my visit. 

13 minutes ago, shadow_operative2.0 said:

All dismissed, no good stories. Fear wasn’t lying though, civil building is nice as shit. 

The last court building built before that was the family law center across the street, I think in 2005.  It's fine, but walking around inside you might as well be under ground.  The civil courts building has the modern thing where all the common areas are open to full exterior glass and light.

On 8/16/2021 at 11:36 PM, shadow_operative2.0 said:

Posted this in the poker thread, but there’s a legal room opening soon in Willow Park. It will be called The Fort, big space, they’re hoping for 18 tables. 

And this is right across a little side street, will probably print fucking $. 

https://www.instagram.com/parkercountyicehouse

God that logo is ass

This is a fucking slideshow, but it shows all of the $5 burgers this week. 

https://online.flippingbook.com/view/525821296/

Also, anyone ever heard of this? 

https://www.instagram.com/bowloungefw/

Happened to pass it on the way into downtown for jury duty, have never so much as seen that name in print before.