More Institutional Control Issues at Toad

Kyle

33 minutes ago, Kyle said:

Baylor had two players arrested. Neither ever played a down as they were booted from the team upon arrest. In addition to this guy, TCU had Boykin, Pachall, the players arrested for dealing drugs ... I'm not sure its not significantly worse than Baylor objectively (dogpile notwithstanding). If this isn't a pattern of lack of institutional control and players behaving badly, not sure what is; and the university's reaction has not been stellar.

52++ rapes, bringing in known rapists who proceeds to rape again.  Cockroach sucks but seriously fuck Baylor, natures shittiest critical thinkers beside squirrels trying to cross a road.  

• Like 2

43 minutes ago, Kyle said:

Baylor had two players arrested. Neither ever played a down as they were booted from the team upon arrest. In addition to this guy, TCU had Boykin, Pachall, the players arrested for dealing drugs ... I'm not sure its not significantly worse than Baylor objectively (dogpile notwithstanding). If this isn't a pattern of lack of institutional control and players behaving badly, not sure what is; and the university's reaction has not been stellar.

Uh....both Tevin Elliot and Shawn Oakman played in over 20 games at baylor. Hell Oakman was let go from Penn St for assualt and had allegations of beating up a girl before he ever set foot on campus. 

• Like 1

I realize my own fault, but my intent was not to derail the thread to Baylor. My point was just that Baylor had two players arrested for rape; both were immediately kicked off the team (I apologize for misspeaking about Elliot having actually played, and Oakman was post-playing career).

Fatterson did nothing to Turpin or Boykin and re-instated Pachall and maybe others (not an expert, don't have the time). My guess is if that if ESPN lights a fire in Cowtown like it did in Waco, the results will be similar. This Turpin situation is bad based on the Baylor (vs. FSU-Winston) standard.

Apologies for the derail - not defending either but wanted to clarify.

1 hour ago, Kyle said:

I realize my own fault, but my intent was not to derail the thread to Baylor. My point was just that Baylor had two players arrested for rape; both were immediately kicked off the team (I apologize for misspeaking about Elliot having actually played, and Oakman was post-playing career).

Fatterson did nothing to Turpin or Boykin and re-instated Pachall and maybe others (not an expert, don't have the time). My guess is if that if ESPN lights a fire in Cowtown like it did in Waco, the results will be similar. This Turpin situation is bad based on the Baylor (vs. FSU-Winston) standard.

Apologies for the derail - not defending either but wanted to clarify.

Turpin was just kicked out of school. Boykin was suspended immediately the day before a bowl game his senior year. Pachall was suspended after a DWI arrest. Are you really trying to equate these to a culture of rape and systemic cover-up?

• Like 1

Somebody nuke this Baylor dipshit for me.

11 hours ago, Treefidy said:

52++ rapes, bringing in known rapists who proceeds to rape again.  Cockroach sucks but seriously fuck Baylor, natures shittiest critical thinkers beside squirrels trying to cross a road.  

Not, to toss dirt on Baylor, but let's not forget that the school's basketball team covered up a murder...

And the coach of the women's basketball team, who seemed to show no sympathy for rape victims...

Edited by kopp0e

Apparently the Las Cruces police department just threw GP and TCU under the bus, per FWST. Said there's no way TCU wouldn't have known about all the charges

New Mexico police don’t know how TCU couldn’t have known about Turpin’s assault charge

The Las Cruces police department doesn’t know how TCU wouldn’t have known about the battery charges. All of the charges were filed on the same day – a battery charge, a criminal damage to the property of a household member and interference with communications.

The criminal complaint contains the information relevant to the arrest and, obviously, contains information on both charges (the battery against a HHM [household member] and the criminal damage to property),” said Dan Trujillo, the Las Cruces police department public information officer.

“It was all filed the same day and on the same complaint that was sent to [the Star-Telegram]. Anyone who would have requested the criminal complaint would have received the same document that [the Star-Telegram] received.”

GP lying again, i guess

Who are you seriously? You’ve had a bone to pick with Patterson since you’ve shown up.

The fact that we didn’t know the full NM story does look pretty bad. If another school had said what we said in the press conference we would all drill them something fierce.

Patterson trusted the kid’s word. The kid screwed him over. People trying to make this a huge scandal are reaching

hahahaha. the level of fan delusion when a coach and school are caught in a lie. 

The school quotes before Las Cruces exposed them to be liars

“The football staff was aware there was an incident in New Mexico, but not that charges included an alleged battery,” the school said. “The publicly available information they reviewed at the time only showed a charge related to property damage. We did not know until yesterday that his legal issues were unresolved.”