Cowboys vs Titans: MNF

Vic Mackey

Just now, C-Man said:

Defense was shit tonight — Titans were 11-of-14 on 3rd Down tonight. Unreal.

These were not 3rd and very shorts either. A lot of these were long by NFL standards. 8 yards and more. Secondary was junk and so was the scheme. Wanted to play soft zone. Sending Sean Lee 25-30 yards down field in coverage on a WR. This Titans offense is not good. At all. And we absolutely could not get off the field. 11/14 in the NFL is unreal. Hell you hardly see that type of numbers in high school where the talent discrepancy in many games is so lopsided.

Titans had no life at all until the Dak pick in the endzone. That is when they went and celebrated on the star. And they straight up punked us the rest of the game on both sides of the ball. Long drive after long drive. They didn't really break any really long plays. It was just jamming the ball down our throat and we had zero answer.

4 minutes ago, Rholl said:

Jerry getting rich, coaches getting rich, players getting rich..... 90,000 suckers at every home game!!!!

Many fans are wising up and selling off their tickets for profit to opposing fans. There was a lot of Titans fans in the house tonight. I don't blame them. But yes, the real suckers are the ones who continue to buy season tickets year after year. Then again, I am giving him money by watching the games on tv. But not as much money as ones who spend a shitload to attend those games.

The ESPN Monday night broadcast has become unwatchable....from the stupid little cartoonish things (last night, Mariota on a surf board being eaten by sharks) to the way overly busy score ribbon that tries to tell you everything but how long to bake a potato to Booger's weird on-field riser and him trying to blend in with Tessitore and Witten and then to the latter's useless analysis and equally useless toupee, and on and on.   It's just a terrible production. 

9 hours ago, Vic Mackey said:

Many fans are wising up and selling off their tickets for profit to opposing fans. There was a lot of Titans fans in the house tonight. I don't blame them. But yes, the real suckers are the ones who continue to buy season tickets year after year. Then again, I am giving him money by watching the games on tv. But not as much money as ones who spend a shitload to attend those games.

We have some really good friends that have bought season tickets every year I've known them. They sell off 3-4 games per year (usually the Giants) and a few other high-dollar games that basically pay for the rest of the year's tickets. But they're having all kinds of trouble getting takers this year. They're gonna take a bath.

39 minutes ago, Wally Pryor said:

The ESPN Monday night broadcast has become unwatchable....from the stupid little cartoonish things (last night, Mariota on a surf board being eaten by sharks) to the way overly busy score ribbon that tries to tell you everything but how long to bake a potato to Booger's weird on-field riser and him trying to blend in with Tessitore and Witten and then to the latter's useless analysis and equally useless toupee, and on and on.   It's just a terrible production. 

Said the same thing on FB. It's terrible. Then they had an equally bad cartoony thing involving Amari Cooper. Mickey Mouse shit. Tessitore is a toolbag. Witten isn't very good at the moment -- we'll see how he improves (Aikman was terrible when he started).

I'm a fan of the Titans and I never expected it to turn out this way. The offense only managed to score 6 touchdowns all season long and was shut out at home by Baltimore only converting a single 3rd down in that game. The offense failed to score touchdowns against Buffalo and Jacksonville as well. I was shocked the offense managed to score 4 TDs in a single game after only managing to score 6 in the prior 7 contests. Malcolm Butler pulled one of his usual blunders and totally whiffed allowing Hurns to score easily, he's good for one or two of those plays every contest.

2 minutes ago, Chad said:

I'm a fan of the Titans and I never expected it to turn out this way. The offense only managed to score 6 touchdowns all season long and was shut out at home by Baltimore only converting a single 3rd down in that game. The offense failed to score touchdowns against Buffalo and Jacksonville as well. I was shocked the offense managed to score 4 TDs in a single game after only managing to score 6 in the prior 7 contests. Malcolm Butler pulled one of his usual blunders and totally whiffed allowing Hurns to score easily, he's good for one or two of those plays every contest.

No one saw this domination coming but I never fully bought into this defense. They still have no real playmaking ability. They don't get any consistent pressure, poor tackling too often and they play soft in the secondary. This team has 2 picks in 8 games. But I never fathomed they would allow 11/14 on 3rd down. I would not even expect the worst defense of all time to give that up even to the best offense of all time. That percentage doesn't even happen in high school. And the fact that they were long 3rd downs, too. The biggest laugher of them all was Marcus dropping a soft pass in between 3 Cowboys defenders for a 1st down. None of which was in any position to make a play. Lee trying to cover a NFL WR 30 yards down the field is comical but that is what scheme we want to run. He can't even keep up with Henry out of the backfield on a run.

That was one of the more embarrassing losses I have seen. Total domination by one of the worst offenses in the league and they schooled and punked us after dancing on the star. I think after that, Dallas only made them punt once. To start the 3rd. That was it. Unless you count the throwaway drive to end the 1st half where they went into the locker room after a sack.