I want Kansas.

hornian

1 hour ago, Nueces River Rat said:

I don't get why hitting isn't a part of a normal weekly routine.  This isn't the NFL where basically every practice is a walk through.   Yet.....

I believe Tom mentioned that it normally is and was earlier in the year, but they stopped after the injuries built up (around the time our D Went to shit). 

Guess they now figure the extra rough practice is worth the injury risk. if the ISU d performance is any indication.  Well, I agree with them 

16 hours ago, Xian said:

I believe Tom mentioned that it normally is and was earlier in the year, but they stopped after the injuries built up (around the time our D Went to shit). 

Guess they now figure the extra rough practice is worth the injury risk. if the ISU d performance is any indication.  Well, I agree with them 

Kind of makes sense.   I've always been of the thinking with regards to football is you can become more susceptible to injuries and mediocre play when you start doing things which are not part of your regular routine.    I get it when you are in the playoffs, like in high school football, where you might take it easier to avoid the injury thing because you are one or done every week.  But not during the heart of the season.  The Okie State, WV, and Tech games were vomit worthy when it came to what looked like tackle attempts .