Bowl Game

joeycovers

5 minutes ago, gmr548 said:

What I don't know is if OU were to end up in the playoffs, would they default to us at 9-4 or would they take a likely slightly higher CFP ranked WVU team. Don't know if it would be CCG loser or highest ranked.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Either way, come Tuesday we will be ranked higher than wvu. 

If WVU had gotten to best NC State on the road, they’d be in more attractive shape than us.  As it is, at 8-3, we’d usurp them for any shot at two big 12 teams in the NY6 group should we not take OU to pound-town.  

OU is still outside looking in unless Michigan or Notre Dame loses. But if the teams fall ahead of them, I think it's more a free for all and the teams that lose their representatives get first choice on the replacements. They only have to take a Big 12 team if we win the CCG. 
BlowU is outside desperately knocking on the porta potty..

Don't even entertain scenarios where they do anything but lose the CCG and go to a shit bowl.

http://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/8601209/sugar-bowl-new-orleans-site-marquee-big-12-sec-game

The first edition of the new Sugar Bowl between the champions of the SEC and Big 12 will be Jan. 1, 2015. If the SEC or Big 12 champion advances to the national semifinals, each conference would then provide another team for the Sugar Bowl.

29 minutes ago, A’Dam Psycho said:

Welp looks like I was wrong. Sugar taking Big12 vs SEC no matter what.

So it’s looking like:

Sugar vs Georgia with a win

Alamo vs Washington St with a loss

But if we lose most likely ou will go to the playoff. 

I feel the sugar would take us over wvu. Plus we would technically be the runner up. 

Yeah, if OU wins they’ll go to the playoff. They’ll be number 5 this week right? UGA 4 and they play bama so winner of that makes it in so OU would move to 4?

If bama loses (lol) is there a chance they still make it?

Or tOSU could leapfrog OU but I wouldn’t think.

Espn was putting their projected picks of the final four, all had OU. Which means they don’t think Texas will beat them.

I can’t speak for Hornius , but it’s obviously the longest of long shots. I presume the scenario is Notre Dame is safely in. Clemson takes care of business in the ACC, and Alabama absolutely destroys Georgia, making it clear it would be pointless to put them at the #4 seed... only to be paired with Alabama again.

So we have Alabama, Clemson and Notre Dame as 1,2 and 3. Oklahoma would seem in a good position to take the fourth spot, but we repeat Dallas, except the fourth quarter comeback never happens, and we beat that ass. Northwestern also curb stomps Ohio State, Purdue-style. Memphis beats the shit out of UCF, who nobody wanted at the party anyway. I don’t really care about the Pac12, but I think UW is an even longer long shot than us, since beating Utah won’t change minds.

i think we can beat OU again, and I won’t be surprised if we impose our will again, but I don’t expect the dominos to fall so sweetly.