Bowl Game

joeycovers

No. At large means they get to pick from any of the teams in the top 10 of the playoff rankings. Sugar is slotted for Big 12/SEC winners. Since Bama/UGA will go to the playoff or both, an SEC team will be put in there. If Bama wins, UGA goes to the Sugar as the SEC representative. 

2 minutes ago, Red Five said:

So what would happen with the Sugar if OU wins and goes to the playoff? 

OU is still outside looking in unless Michigan or Notre Dame loses. But if the teams fall ahead of them, I think it's more a free for all and the teams that lose their representatives get first choice on the replacements. They only have to take a Big 12 team if we win the CCG. 

Edited by mdmost

Just now, Red Five said:

I think I'm more confused now. 

This is talking out my ass but I think they only have to take Texas if we win. If we lose and OU moves to the playoff, they are not forced to take a Big 12 team. They can take whomever they want. I don't know if they get first choice of the at-large teams since they lose 2 representative but it would make sense.

55 minutes ago, mdmost said:

No. At large means they get to pick from any of the teams in the top 10 of the playoff rankings. Sugar is slotted for Big 12/SEC winners. Since Bama/UGA will go to the playoff or both, an SEC team will be put in there. If Bama wins, UGA goes to the Sugar as the SEC representative. 

if OU beats Texas and Bama beats Georgia then Sugar seems an OU-GA rematch, right?

If Texas goes to Alamo, it's going to be Leach WSU right?  But they have 10 wins, so i'm guess they do better than Alamo, probably Holiday.

Edited by NowThis

Just now, Pancho Negro said:

I thought you went to WSU?

and that’s really my point here. We wouldn’t pass up the peach bowl just because we’d play LSU and the play them again months later. 

I went to WSU and Texas.  

We’d get a lot of tv eyes, but at 9-4...there’s just too many good teams ahead of us to get a NY6 spot.  If we lose I’d say it’s 85% Alamo, and 15% Peach/Fiesta/Camping World and even a rounding amount for us to Sugar if Ou makes CFP

31 minutes ago, Lobo said:

We’d get a lot of tv eyes, but at 9-4...there’s just too many good teams ahead of us to get a NY6 spot.  If we lose I’d say it’s 85% Alamo, and 15% Peach/Fiesta/Camping World and even a rounding amount for us to Sugar if Ou makes CFP

I don't know about that, there's only 10 teams with 10+ wins and only 2 more capable of hitting 10 wins (not including us in this exercise as it would assume we lost CCG)  3 of those are G5's in UCF, Utah St (10-1) playing Boise (9-2) tonight.   4 go playoffs, go ahead and cross off 2 G5's and that's 6 teams remaining.  

If it finished as expected today:

bama, dome, UM, clemp in playoff

tOSU-UW rose

OU-UGA sugar

4 spots left for LSU, WSU,  UCF, Pedo, UF, UT.  And that's about it for realistic consideration.  UCF likely gets one if they win next week. WSU likely out of contention. I mean, they could put 4 SEC into playoffs/NY6 along with 3 B1G, but I think we have a high likelyhood of making 1 with 9 wins.

1 hour ago, C-Man said:

Updated Bowl projections at SI.com have us matched up with LSU in the Peach Bowl and OU/Georgia in the Sugar.

With the way Ohio state is going, there’s a pretty good chance that the sooners slide into de facto playoff position waiting on Georgia to lose to Alabama. 

So bowl projections that presume ou wins next week will have them in the playoffs instead of sugar, unless they have osu jumping ou. 

It’s really just the NY4 this particular cycle since Rose will clearly take any Pac12 and Big10 teams not in CFP that are still eligible.  

So what’s the pecking order for fiesta and peach?   Who goes first, and is it round robin like Peach, Fiesta, Peach, Fiesta Or is it top pick then next bowl gets both picks before first bowl goes last?   

OU is still outside looking in unless Michigan or Notre Dame loses. But if the teams fall ahead of them, I think it's more a free for all and the teams that lose their representatives get first choice on the replacements. They only have to take a Big 12 team if we win the CCG. 

No, the Sugar Bowl takes B12 number two if the B12 sends someone to the playoff. The conference has a contractual tie in the same as the SEC. See OSU going the first time OU went to the playoffs.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk