11/25 NFL games

Machinator

2 hours ago, Message Board User said:

There's talent on this Browns team - Hue was just a dumbass.  Bruce Coslet was Bill Walsh compared to Hue.

Yep. They have at worst a top 15 roster. Baker is legit.

Don't count on anyone for the Browns figuring that out, though.

10 minutes ago, ztejas said:

Of course the Steelers have a fucking tie to put them over the Texans.

NFL OT rules are archaic. If you want ties just get rid of OT. If not - use the college model because it is in every possible sense of the term objectively better.

You would enjoy this thread, then.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, ztejas said:

Of course the Steelers have a fucking tie to put them over the Texans.

NFL OT rules are archaic. If you want ties just get rid of OT. If not - use the college model because it is in every possible sense of the term objectively better.

College OT is an abortion. Starting at the 25? Having games go from 31-31 to 74-72? No thanks. That isn't even real football. Takes out any strategy or clock management. It becomes arena football or the football you played with your friends in the backyard. I don't agree with games ending in ties but the NFL does overtime correctly. Just needs to go back to 15min and not 10. That is my only gripe. 

College OT, needs to be played like a real game. You can have it where both teams get the ball but it needs to begin with a kickoff. Like the NFL does. And let it play out from there. Starting at the 25 is the dumbest thing you could do. 

2 minutes ago, Vic Mackey said:

College OT is an abortion. Starting at the 25? Having games go from 31-31 to 74-72? No thanks. That isn't even real football. Takes out any strategy or clock management. It becomes arena football or the football you played with your friends in the backyard. I don't agree with games ending in ties but the NFL does overtime correctly. Just needs to go back to 15min and not 10. That is my only gripe. 

College OT, needs to be played like a real game. You can have it where both teams get the ball but it needs to begin with a kickoff. Like the NFL does. And let it play out from there. Starting at the 25 is the dumbest thing you could do. 

No teams in the NFL would let the game go to 7 OTs. If the 25 yard line is too close, start it at the 50. 

I get your point but it's tinged with recency bias.