11/25 NFL games

Machinator

1 hour ago, Machinator said:

Denver in throwbacks today.

The helmets may be throwbacks, but I don't recall Denver ever wearing ugly solid orange pajamas back in the day.  Should have been in the actual throwback white pants.  A shame how the NFL has let the apparel companies crap all over the uniforms.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, immortal13 said:

Past performance is not indicative of future results

In the same game? Calling bullshit on both of you.

Look - they got cocky. But if you've already blocked one, I understand the reasoning to go for it again. Put pressure on the same special teams unit that you already stuffed once. 

Hindsight is 20/20.

14 minutes ago, ztejas said:

In the same game? Calling bullshit on both of you.

Look - they got cocky. But if you've already blocked one, I understand the reasoning to go for it again. Put pressure on the same special teams unit that you already stuffed once. 

Hindsight is 20/20.

When is the last time an NFL team blocked two FGs in the same game? If I flip tails, I’m not more likely to flip another tails.

Blocking short FGs is exceedingly rare. My argument is, you’re better off not even trying it. Just don’t get beat for 6.

Edited by VolenteHawk

16 minutes ago, VolenteHawk said:

When is the last time an NFL team blocked two FGs in the same game? If I flip tails, I’m not more likely to flip another tails.

Blocking short FGs is exceedingly rare. My argument is, you’re better off not even trying it. Just don’t get beat for 6.

Agreed on blocking short FGs but a coin flip is an inapt example. 

Also - it isnt necessarily about another block - it can be as simple as trying to pressure the kicker into a miss.

If it was a 45 yarder they should have absolutely gone for another all out block. Why not?

6 hours ago, VolenteHawk said:

Last year the Eagles blocked a field goal, an extra point, and a punt all in the same game against the Giants.

Blake Bortles is done as the Jaguars' starting quarterback -- for 2018, anyway.

Coach Doug Marrone said backup Cody Kessler will take over for the rest of the season, beginning with Sunday's game against the Indianapolis Colts at TIAA Bank Field, as the Jaguars (3-8) try to snap a seven-game losing streak. He announced the move on Monday several hours after firing offensive coordinator Nathaniel Hackett.

"It's not a knee-jerk reaction," Marrone said. "I really feel like at the end of the day we've got to try to get better production out of our passing game or more consistent production in our passing game."

————

Kessler, whom the team acquired in a trade with the Cleveland Browns for a seventh-round pick in March, is 0-8 as a starter and has a 45.1 Total QBR (per ESPN Stats & Info). All of those starts came in his rookie season in 2016 with the Browns, who drafted Kessler in the third round out of USC.

Kessler has thrown for 1,662 yards and seven touchdowns with four interceptions. He completed 21-of-30 passes for 156 yards and one touchdown with one interception after replacing Bortles against the Texans earlier this season.

Kessler will have a new play-caller in Scott Milanovich, who was hired as the team's quarterbacks coach last season after Hackett was promoted to offensive coordinator. Milanovich, who led the CFL's Toronto Argonauts to a 43-47 record and one Grey Cup title in four seasons as their head coach (2012-16), has previously served as an offensive coordinator with four teams: the Rhein Fire (2005) and Cologne Centurions (2006) of NFL Europe and the CFL's Montreal Alouettes (2008-11).

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/25385696/jacksonville-jaguars-bench-blake-bortles-hours-firing-oc-nathaniel-hackett

An ex-Cle QB & a CFL OC, sounds promising.