Cool Pictures of Music Icons

dcbc

On 10/13/2021 at 9:26 PM, Gil Bang said:

I have probably mentioned this before, but she and I had a mutual friend.  I shared a booth with her at a club one night, mid 80's...Memory is faded, Madam Wong's or Music Machine probably.  She was so cute and charming.  She also made it clear early in the evening that I had no shot whatsoever.   To clarify, there were a half-dozen people in the booth.

@Brisketexan had just broken her heart !

2 hours ago, ohchaucer said:

Couldn’t find any steel string specials, but this is pocket change for most of you guys, I assume.

Own a piece of history!

https://reverb.com/item/40905433-1995-dumble-overdrive-special-100-original-hrm-circuit-with-original-footswitch

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think there are only three Steel String Singers in existence.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, jimmyjazz said:

I know SRV was a Dumble guy, but what's so magical about them?  I find it hard to believe there aren't boutique amps voiced in a similar manner for, oh, I don't know, 1% - 2% of the price.

I mean, if I'm playing through the amp, any problems are mine, not the amp's.

I've never seen the appeal of the ODS from the sound clips I've heard.  The SSS is the Dumble designed amp for SRV's sound and I tend to like how it sounds more than the ODS.  So, seemingly, a Super Reverb and a Vibroverb could get you some of the way there.  Or just grab a clone or a SSS pedal.  I get that Dumble was an important amp builder and definitely did well to tailor the amp to the person for whom he was building it.  And he definitely had an ear and was able to put well tested part values together to find the sound he wanted.  I guess I'm too much of a Fender guy to get too worked up about an amp that ran tens of thousands of dollars when the builder still was alive.  Now?  Fuggetaboutit.

Edited by dcbc

8 hours ago, jimmyjazz said:

I know SRV was a Dumble guy, but what's so magical about them?  I find it hard to believe there aren't boutique amps voiced in a similar manner for, oh, I don't know, 1% - 2% of the price.

I mean, if I'm playing through the amp, any problems are mine, not the amp's.

I just looked at some of the used pricing, damn they proud of them fuckers.

I would like to hook up a comparable model next to my 70 Mesa. It would be interesting to hear them side by side. 

• Like 1

I think this is a cool picture, if you’re from the Dallas area.

Angus Wynne Sr developed Six Flags, Wynnewood Shopping center and the Great Southwest Industrial District was basically in my back yard. It was kk woods until he got his hands on it.

I spent countless hours in most of Shannon Wynnes nightclubs.

His brother Bedford S. Wynne, was one of the initial owners and founders of the Dallas Cowboys professional football franchise, along with Clint Murchison Jr.

His son Angus G Wynne III is the owner of Wynne Entertainment in Dallas and has been a producer of music events since 1968.

His son Shannon Shelmire Wynne is an American restaurateur living in Dallas, TX. He is best known for the Flying Saucer Draught Emporium, 8.0 Bar, Flying Fish, Meddlesome Moth and others.

b32a1ec55ee01f14fc82dc0433e9eaf4.jpg

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 2