Cool Pictures of Music Icons

dcbc

Imagine how The Beatles would have turned out if Sutcliffe hadn't quit and McCartney hadn't put the guitar down and taken over on bass.  I doubt it would have been as good, McCartney is a master on the instrument.

Of course, he's a master on every instrument.

Paul McCartney shares archive photos of his band Wings to celebrate  remastered albums | The Independent | The Independent

Edited by jimmyjazz
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, jimmyjazz said:

Imagine how The Beatles would have turned out if Sutcliffe hadn't quit and McCartney hadn't put the guitar down and taken over on bass.  I doubt it would have been as good, McCartney is a master on the instrument.

Of course, he's a master on every instrument.

Paul McCartney shares archive photos of his band Wings to celebrate  remastered albums | The Independent | The Independent

Ringo joined the Beatles exactly 59 years ago yesterday. Saw that on a facebook thing.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Don Johnson said:

Reminds me, I've wanted to watch the movie Backbeat for years.  Saw it when it came out but literally cannot find it streaming anywhere.

I actually have it on VHS tape, one of the few I never donated or threw away. I've kinda wanted to see it again, too.

• Hook 'Em 2

On 9/1/2021 at 3:36 PM, Nuge said:

gettyimages-515578266-1567787026.jpg?cro

I dunno, that does look like a young Lou Reed.  He was almost the exact age of Mick Jagger.  And they kinda look like contemporaries.  Bowie would have been significantly younger plus the makeup so harder to gauge.  Nice of Amy Poehler to time travel back to their table though as a 1970's groupie.  

I just realize young Lou Reed looks like young David Cross with hair and no glasses.  

Blonde dude in the back kinda looks like the keboardist from Journey (the original lineup)