Major vs West Point

ADHD

9 hours ago, Barry_McCokiner said:

After Tulsa there were certainly a few 9.95ers saying Major should replace Tom 

True. However, running a major program vs a G5 program is drastically different. Tom came into Houston and immediately began a winning culture. He had his ups and downs his last year, but I chalk that up to having his min focused on Texas or another big time school like LSU. Aggies soon forget they wanted him, too, but he was never going there. He knew it was Texas or LSU, and I believe he kind of cashed it in hisast season. We went from 8-6 and beating the highest scoring SEC team in year one to the Sugar Bowl in year 2. He knew what he wanted, and he knew what he could get at either school. 

Major belongs as a coordinator and nothing more. Maybe in a few years he can give it a try, but dude got waxed by Army 70-14 and ended the season at 8-5 two years in a row. His OC left him. He'll never get another Ed Oliver. He's in a sinking ship. Maybe he should try FCS and see what he can do. My opinion, of course. I just don't see him as HC material, whereas Tom has proven his meddle. 

Edited by Spider2YBanana
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Spider2YBanana said:

True. However, running a major program vs a G5 program is drastically different. Tom came into Houston and immediately began a winning culture. He had his ups and downs his last year, but I chalk that up to having his min focused on Texas or another big time school like LSU. Aggies soon forget they wanted him, too, but he was never going there. He knew it was Texas or LSU, and I believe he kind of cashed it in hisast season. We went from 8-6 and beating the highest scoring SEC team in year one to the Sugar Bowl in year 2. He knew what he wanted, and he knew what he could get at either school. 

Major belongs as a coordinator and nothing more. Maybe in a few years he can give it a try, but dude got waxed by Army 70-14 and ended the season at 8-5 two years in a row. His OC left him. He'll never get another Ed Oliver. He's in a sinking ship. Maybe he should try FCS and see what he can do. My opinion, of course. I just don't see him as HC material, whereas Tom has proven his meddle. 

Mettle not meddle. I am the biggest Applewhite fan around and even I was really disappointed by the season he had. The defense was an absolute abortion and it looks really bad how he has ended the past 2 seasons.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Iconoclast Texan said:

Mettle not meddle. I am the biggest Applewhite fan around and even I was really disappointed by the season he had. The defense was an absolute abortion and it looks really bad how he has ended the past 2 seasons.

Yeah, thanks for the correction. He should be winning no less than 10 games a season in that conference. I like Applewhite, he's just in over his head. 

1 hour ago, Cajun said:

How is Major still employed as an HC?  That game was beyond embarrassing.

Even Manny Diaz was like, "Damn dude!"

Getting blown out in a single game shouldn't get you fired, though it might signal deeper issues (hello Freedom Bowl!!!!).  

Mack survived blow outs before and after 2005.  

12 minutes ago, Bullneck said:

Getting blown out in a single game shouldn't get you fired, though it might signal deeper issues (hello Freedom Bowl!!!!).  

Mack survived blow outs before and after 2005.  

Dude, it wasn't a single game that led up to that debacle.

That fucking thing was just the punctuation mark on the entire season.

That team completely quit on their coach.  Not one fuck given.

15 hours ago, Spider2YBanana said:

He’s a lousy coordinator too, when he doesn’t have someone else’s coattails to ride.

4 hours ago, Cajun said:

Dude, it wasn't a single game that led up to that debacle.

That fucking thing was just the punctuation mark on the entire season.

That team completely quit on their coach.  Not one fuck given.

If you look at your post you'll note that you reference the bowl game.

I admit I don't follow UH football that closely.  Just looked at their season.  They lost their last five games with the least points given up being 45.  

Edited by Bullneck

29 minutes ago, Bullneck said:

If you look at your post you'll note that you reference the bowl game.

I admit I don't follow UH football that closely.  Just looked at their season.  They lost their last five games with the least points given up being 45.  

True, I did just reference the one game.

In my mind I was thinking about the whole season, their best player quitting on them, the team looking like it didn't give a shit everytime I watched, etc.  I didn't put that out there in my first post, so I can I understand your initial response.

As you were.  Carry on.