Major vs West Point

ADHD

I figured there was about a 45% chance he would be fired for this loss, but the more minutes that go by the less likely that is and if he makes it past the weekend he will probably be there next year

I figure there is about a 75% chance he does not make it past 3 games next year although I am not sure who they would have take over since both coordinators will be new (unless somehow briles does not leave).....if for some reason briles stays it is probably an 85% chance Major does not make it past 3 games next year and briles takes over and his dad comes in immediately in some capacity as well....UH (their administration included) is that desperate and that stupid at this point

and I do not want him at Texas ever in any capacity....I am not in favor of cheating on a wife and disgusted by it when she is pregnant and I blame Mack/Deloss 100% for keeping him and dragging UT into the lawsuit for doing so, but Major still brought that down on UT to start.....a campus filled to the gills with hot girls and he has to bang a trainer

it will be interesting to see what briles can do with the FSU level of talent this is going to be a big decision for him though

if he can make something happen at FSU then he will be a big candidate for a head coaching job, but it FSU still sucks he will probably be damaged by all the job jumping he has done recently

UH fans are so pathetic and stupid

they are now claiming that Herman won because of Levines recruits.....you know Levine the guy they shitted on and fired because he had two 8 wins seasons in a row after a 5 win season when he took over a program that changed head coaches like Vic's cholas change chonies

some actually want Levine back, others want Kliff....because you know it was because of Texas Tech that Kliff failed and he would have success at a place like UH.....I mean never mind the fact that if you watched any game from his six seasons at Tech it was clear he did not know how to coach worth a fuck

some want the coach from Tulane.....some mentioned Skipper Holtz.....Neal Brown....Seth Littrell.....you know the guy that can't win big games and shits the bed to bad teams at least once or twice a season and has won slightly more than Major in a much shittier conference....many of them want Briles to take over

they are too stupid to understand they are their own worst enemy

23 hours ago, ButtFumble said:

I figured there was about a 45% chance he would be fired for this loss, but the more minutes that go by the less likely that is and if he makes it past the weekend he will probably be there next year

I figure there is about a 75% chance he does not make it past 3 games next year although I am not sure who they would have take over since both coordinators will be new (unless somehow briles does not leave).....if for some reason briles stays it is probably an 85% chance Major does not make it past 3 games next year and briles takes over and his dad comes in immediately in some capacity as well....UH (their administration included) is that desperate and that stupid at this point

and I do not want him at Texas ever in any capacity....I am not in favor of cheating on a wife and disgusted by it when she is pregnant and I blame Mack/Deloss 100% for keeping him and dragging UT into the lawsuit for doing so, but Major still brought that down on UT to start.....a campus filled to the gills with hot girls and he has to bang a trainer

42 minutes ago, ButtFumble said:

UH fans are so pathetic and stupid

they are now claiming that Herman won because of Levines recruits.....you know Levine the guy they shitted on and fired because he had two 8 wins seasons in a row after a 5 win season when he took over a program that changed head coaches like Vic's cholas change chonies

some actually want Levine back, others want Kliff....because you know it was because of Texas Tech that Kliff failed and he would have success at a place like UH.....I mean never mind the fact that if you watched any game from his six seasons at Tech it was clear he did not know how to coach worth a fuck

some want the coach from Tulane.....some mentioned Skipper Holtz.....Neal Brown....Seth Littrell.....you know the guy that can't win big games and shits the bed to bad teams at least once or twice a season and has won slightly more than Major in a much shittier conference....many of them want Briles to take over

they are too stupid to understand they are their own worst enemy

If a tree falls on UH fan alone in a forest, would anyone care?

On 12/22/2018 at 4:29 PM, ButtFumble said:

I commented before, but this Mercedes Nick Saban commercial......how many cars did they have to give him to finally agree to go through the motions for that

Nick has three Mercedes dealerships, One in Hoover, Al. another in Irondale, Al. (both suburbs of Birmingham). And another in Nashville, TN.

6 hours ago, LTtxfan said:

KBriles to FSU as OC is official....

Guess they think it's kinda like money laundering..... move thru  3 different locations and your shit is clean??

Had he stayed at UH he would have been the highest paid coordinator at a non P5 school. Cougs can't keep any of their talent. 

2 minutes ago, GreenspointTexas said:

Major has got to win 9 or more games next year to keep his job. To be fair, he would have had 9 wins this year if King didnt get hurt.

he could/should have had 9 wins last year but the UTSA harvey game got cancelled.

that said, I wouldnt be shocked to see him go after Harrell for his OC.

Probably will be difficult for Major to rebuild that staff well enough to survive as Head Coach after 2019 Season.  Might make sense for him to swing for the fence and hire several young up-and-coming assistants....

3 hours ago, wood said:

Indeed. He is what we thought he was.

Seems like the recent coaches who were hot stuff as college players don't quite make it as HC's.    They do well as coordinators or position coaches, but totally just blow it as HC's.  

Look at KK at Tech as another example.  The coaches who were pretty much bench players or didn't play college ball at all do better at the HC jobs.  IMO.

Seems like the recent coaches who were hot stuff as college players don't quite make it as HC's.    They do well as coordinators or position coaches, but totally just blow it as HC's.  
Look at KK at Tech as another example.  The coaches who were pretty much bench players or didn't play college ball at all do better at the HC jobs.  IMO.

Doing and coaching are two different skill sets. It’s pretty true in all sports. Those that are good teachers do well coaching. Those that were great doers but are mediocre teachers do poorly.

1 minute ago, TwiceHorn said:

That and many of them are just too young. 

It's not always the case, but it's hard to command respect as an authority figure when the players you are coaching are a few years removed from your college days. 

Look at the greats and some of the better current coaches.   It took them a decade or longer to just get a HC job and usually that was at a no name school in the sticks.  For comparisons sake....

1 hour ago, Nueces River Rat said:

Scott Frost?

Just now, deadshank said:

Meh.  Knute Rockne was 30 when he became HC at ND, as was DKR when he started at MSU. 

Many not all of them.  Like Shaka, it takes some time and experience for a coach to decide who he is, what he wants, and what kind of coach be will be.  Some just haven't figured that out, some may never, and for some it isn't an issue at all.