THE EXCUSE

sushihorn

1 hour ago, texaslong said:

I heard more excuses out of the Mizzou team last year after they got beat. They truly believed that by simply being in the SEC they were a more physical team than us. Even after they got whooped they were still talking like they were the better team. 75% of that league is all bark and no bite.

Georgia has been very classy after the loss. Elite teams see where they get beat, and it isn't because they ran out of time, or points, or dead dogs, or dead Tupac...

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, Gaffords said:

Georgia has been very classy after the loss. Elite teams see where they get beat, and it isn't because they ran out of time, or points, or dead dogs, or dead Tupac...

Correct.  It's the mouthbreather fans, aggy and the jocksniifers who can't escape ESPN's secsec cunnilingus who are the target market here.

1 hour ago, Lou Loomis said:

Only losers and weirdos care about winning the Sugar Bowl, bro ...

The funniest take was that Fromm “was just kind of ‘off’ with his throws all night”

He was clearly getting throttled and played rattled (scared) from very early on.

The Texas defense gave that little bitch PTSD. Apparently he never faced pissed off hungry animals in the SEC.

7 hours ago, Goo Punch said:

of course UGA was ready and playing hard, especially after ND and OU laid a complete egg. UGA has their chance to prove that they belonged in the playoff and that's exactly what they wanted and tried to do. but they ran into a buzzsaw called Texas and got stomped. End of story. 

Georgia had plenty of motivation, for all the reasons that you mention as well as simple pride in themselves and their program. Maybe they don't have that in semi-pro leagues...

• Like 1

5 hours ago, SDG said:

No matter how motivated they were; they were losing this game.  Fuck their excuses, Texas came to play.  

That was a great pre-game speech. "show em what they signed up for".

This Texas program is going to win a National Championship.

• Like 2

Georgia, a team that has only won 1 MNC in 1980 can not get motivated because it’s only a New Year’s Day Bowl game (one of the original Big Four) and not the playoffs? Give me an f’n break 

Now, before any of you correct me on UGA’s 1942 MNC, you need to understand that during WWII, the best college FB teams were on the military bases. Truthfully, we all know that aggy was winning the war in both Europe and the Pacific, so those base teams weren’t even the best. 

Edited by ImissWallyPryor
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, Goo Punch said:

i think so. my opinion before the game was that they were the third best team in the country. they lost a real close game to lsu for which kirby smart rightly took the blame, and then they went blow for blow with Bama and looked like they were going to even win until there were about 5 minutes left to play. UGA has been crushing recruiting and has a bunch of future NFL players on this year's roster. like sushi's breakdown of their offense said, they were used to pounding the rock and submitting teams, while protecting fromm and giving him a clean pocket when they did throw. they were able to do this to pretty much everyone they played all year, but despite Texas playing in the Big XII our whole MO is being physical and tough. UGA never got punched in the mouth like they did by Texas (thanks for winning the toss and kicking off lol), and you could see that they lost some fight in them the longer we kept coming at them wave on wave.

Que? LSU beat them by 20.

And as far as their performance against Bama, why is it that when discussing SEC teams people forget that it's not unusual for conference mates to over perform again each other? Even when there's a great disparity in talent or overall quality, teams in the same conference often perform well against a team they have no business playing well against. It happens all the time. Conference mates have much more intimate knowledge of each other's personnel, and additionally they have common opponents to use to better scout tendencies. The idea that Georgia would perform well against Bama in a highly leveraged game, where nerves and normal human emotion will have an effect on the play is not that outrageous in my eyes. We have clearly  over performed against OU a number of times over the past 5 years, and much of that is because we know them like the back of our hands. 

Edited by Catdaddyhorn
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, mulletpelini said:

DOn't you fuckers know, when a team loses, its not because the opposing team showed up and kicked their ass.....it's because they had a bad day/weren't motivated bullshit.

You on the selection committee?

Check out how many excuses were mentioned here:

https://collegefootballnews.com/2019/01/texas-28-georgia-21-5-thoughts-on-the-sugar-bowl

"This was nowhere near the same Georgia team from the regular season."

"Texas wanted it more."

"Georgia got its heart ripped out by Alabama."

"Texas needed and wanted this game to help take the program to another level."

"Georgia is already at a level where the College Football Playoff national championship was all that mattered – once you’ve been that close, a game like this doesn’t matter as much."

"Georgia didn’t really show up, but it’s more like human nature to not be able to get that jacked up once you’ve seen the mountain top."

"Yeah, Georgia didn’t really show up, and this wasn’t the same team from the regular season, but give Texas all the credit in the world on this count – the Longhorn defensive front destroyed the Bulldog offensive line."

"Tom Herman had his team jacked up and ready to go for the Bulldogs, and they were the better team – at least on this night."

"So what if Georgia wasn’t quite as focused or interested as it needed to be? Texas did its job."

• Like 1

3 hours ago, IPoopOnWhoop said:

The most ridiculous (and that is saying a lot) statement in the first picture is the guy in the middle saying that Clemson shouldn’t be participating in the CFP

What about the guy proclaiming a win against blowu is comparable to a "close lost" against the #2 seed?

I love this blurb from the UGA sbnation site:

If you’re looking for positives, I can offer this. The 2014 Sugar Bowl was contested between a 10 win Big XII contender (Oklahoma) and #3 Alabama, fresh off a wrenching 34-28 loss to Auburn that bumped them from the national title game. If you didn’t stay up to watch it, you missed a listless, checked-out Crimson Tide team drop an embarrassing 45-31 decision. This game felt so much like that one that it’s eerie.

That game marked the last time Alabama’s season ended outside the College Football Playoff.

15 hours ago, Richard Kimball said:

Yeah, and UGA would have whipped BEVO if he'd been motivated. They're fukkin bulldogs. They're supposed to be able to whip ass on cattle. 

not one on one.  the bulldog we see today is a caricature of the animal in the wild.  the features that gave the dog its weapons are grossly exaggerated today.  the dog in the wild had a short, wrinkled face, long flews and powerful, undershot jaw, a muscular build up front, and long sinewy back legs like today but not so exaggerated.  today's dog couldn't hunt like the old bulldog packs hunted.  much too heavy today.

bulldogs are naturally sociable, so they teamed and schemed to bring down big prey.  they set traps for big animals and would attack with lead dogs leaping to grab onto loose skin in the head region.  they just wouldn't let go, and others would join in.  the big animal would sling its head but just couldn't free itself.  the dog was perfectly configured to play this game.  the short face allowed it to breathe and the wrinkles and flews channeled fluids away.  the tight, muscular body was not so heavy that the bull's tissues would give way.

it might take half a day or more, but the pursuing pack would keep swapping out antagonists and keep the big animal from being able to eat or drink.  eventually it would stumble and the feast would begin.

actually that isn't a bad metaphor for what happened the other night, though the other way around.

• Like 2

17 hours ago, ztejas said:

Not talking about rankings - talking about are there 5 teams you would take over the team that beat UGA on a neutral site? I'm not sure there are.

For Texas with the "A" game yes.  But the margin between win and loss is narrower for Texas than some of the others.  If we brought our B game to the Sugar and Georgia played their B, we lose.  We don't have the depth and talent of Alabama, Clemson, Notre Dame, Ohio St. or even OU.  Or Georgia.  With our "A" game we can play with anyone, but if we are a little off, well that's why we lost 4 games.

15 hours ago, Jkwellborn said:

He was definitely off when Foster nailed him.

You could tell at halftime Smart was getting desperate.  Instead of throwing 20 yard passes to warm up, Fromm was throwing 40 yard passes.  It was obvious they were going to try to throw deep a lot to open up the running lanes.  I wonder if our coaches noted that.  I sure did.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, yaqdum said:

not one on one.  the bulldog we see today is a caricature of the animal in the wild.  the features that gave the dog its weapons are grossly exaggerated today.  the dog in the wild had a short, wrinkled face, long flews and powerful, undershot jaw, a muscular build up front, and long sinewy back legs like today but not so exaggerated.  today's dog couldn't hunt like the old bulldog packs hunted.  much too heavy today.

bulldogs are naturally sociable, so they teamed and schemed to bring down big prey.  they set traps for big animals and would attack with lead dogs leaping to grab onto loose skin in the head region.  they just wouldn't let go, and others would join in.  the big animal would sling its head but just couldn't free itself.  the dog was perfectly configured to play this game.  the short face allowed it to breathe and the wrinkles and flews channeled fluids away.  the tight, muscular body was not so heavy that the bull's tissues would give way.

it might take half a day or more, but the pursuing pack would keep swapping out antagonists and keep the big animal from being able to eat or drink.  eventually it would stumble and the feast would begin.

actually that isn't a bad metaphor for what happened the other night, though the other way around.

Oh, yeah. Sorry to post something serious when I usually just shitpost, but what dog breeders have done to a lot of purebreds is criminal. Most of the current bulldogs get out of breath just sitting. UGA VII and VIII both died really young from medical complications. Each of them only lasted as mascots for two years. Average life span of bulldogs is now something like eight years. It was obvious that a pack of fifty UGAs would have run out of gas chasing Bevo as he strolled to the fifty yard line. 

Also, quick note. Won't pretend I'm a cowboy or anything, but my dad ran cattle and I worked with them a little. They hate small animals that get close to them. It's a lot like we get when an insect flies too close and we're not sure what it is. Almost every large non-carnivore has that it common. That's where the old story of elephants being afraid of mice comes from. Couldn't believe they brought that bulldog that close, and also that those photographers were dumb enough to sit there with their back to a longhorn five feet away and the only barrier being that little temp fence that a five year old could run through. 

• Like 1

18 hours ago, texaslong said:

I heard more excuses out of the Mizzou team last year after they got beat. They truly believed that by simply being in the SEC they were a more physical team than us. Even after they got whooped they were still talking like they were the better team. 75% of that league is all bark and no bite.

My FIL (Mizzou) and I went to the game.  He mentioned the talk about Dodds being used to fire-up their team and he also mentioned it was true.  I responded that was 2 AD's ago.   We went to the game and we didn't see much trash talk except by a really hammered Texas fan after the game and a few upset Mizzou fans jawing back.  One Texas fan seemed like he wanted to get into a fight but he also couldn't walk straight - his friends handled it.    The Mizzou fans were all 55+  

3 hours ago, Skyline said:

I love this blurb from the UGA sbnation site:

That's cute. UGA thinks they're Bama.

Newsflash: you aren't even Texas. Shit, you aren't OU. That dumbass mentioned 3 blue bloods that put jawja's program wins to shame. 

I don't see how you can hate from outside of the club,
You can't even get in!

All we heard before the game was how motivated UGa was to smack us down and in the process make a statement to show everyone they should have been in the playoff.  That didn't happen, & predictably the narrative changed to "they weren't motivated ... game didn't matter" yada yada. Water is wet. We all saw this coming. Nothing new about it.

Here's the thing though ... even if they failed to get up for the game, or even if they thought we were gonna play soft or roll over for 'em, they didn't respond when our boys came out & announced their presence with authority (long y). Good/great teams respond and overcome. Good/great teams don't suffer for motivation in the fucking Sugar Bowl.

Personally I don't believe for a second that the Dawgs were anything other than pumped and ready. They weren't flat or unmotivated. That's not what we all saw out there. That's not what anyone really saw. It's all just SECSECSEC tears. Delicious.

1 hour ago, Richard Kimball said:

Oh, yeah. Sorry to post something serious when I usually just shitpost, but what dog breeders have done to a lot of purebreds is criminal. Most of the current bulldogs get out of breath just sitting. UGA VII and VIII both died really young from medical complications. Each of them only lasted as mascots for two years. Average life span of bulldogs is now something like eight years. It was obvious that a pack of fifty UGAs would have run out of gas chasing Bevo as he strolled to the fifty yard line. 

Also, quick note. Won't pretend I'm a cowboy or anything, but my dad ran cattle and I worked with them a little. They hate small animals that get close to them. It's a lot like we get when an insect flies too close and we're not sure what it is. Almost every large non-carnivore has that it common. That's where the old story of elephants being afraid of mice comes from. Couldn't believe they brought that bulldog that close, and also that those photographers were dumb enough to sit there with their back to a longhorn five feet away and the only barrier being that little temp fence that a five year old could run through. 

yeah, i watched the espn vid of the encounter and saw how uga kind of just waddled along and then scooted smartly to get away.  that dog would starve to death in the wild unless a decent size carnivore took interest in him.

i think previous bevos have had us all lulled into thinking he's essentially a breathing statue.  won't any of us think that now.  it's not like people will run when they see him, but they'll always know where he is.

edit:  i hope they have they dog in ptsd protocol or whatever.  he wasn't too keen on the whole thing, i think, but i bet he sees cattle in every cloud now.

Edited by yaqdum

5 hours ago, bullet said:

For Texas with the "A" game yes.  But the margin between win and loss is narrower for Texas than some of the others.  If we brought our B game to the Sugar and Georgia played their B, we lose.  We don't have the depth and talent of Alabama, Clemson, Notre Dame, Ohio St. or even OU.  Or Georgia.  With our "A" game we can play with anyone, but if we are a little off, well that's why we lost 4 games.

I don't think that is true.  They hyped up Baker being out and downplayed Sterns being out.   Our team is a bad match-up for Georgia and their first, second, and 3rd string RBs were limited.  We ran our first and second RBs at them.   

Basically you can cut and paste the reasons Cal deserved to be in the Rose Bowl in 2004 over Texas for Georgia and their post game excuses once they had the shit kicked out of them by Tech. 

The SEc and the subordinate sports media have bought the SEC narrative that if the SEC team is not in the CFB playoffs, it doesn't matter and they don't mind at all if they lose.

Essentially these games "don't matter" to this superconference.

Advertisers, sponsors, and Joe Public should be made aware of this "fact"  before purchasing ad time, donating money, or buying tickets, if the SEC is merely going to lay down in these contests. Yet surprisingly, they don't. 

The money bags schemers for the SEC and ESPN have programmed this built in excuse for the last few years to preserve and protect SEC fortunes and recruiting. This is a relatively new scheme. It has occurred since Mickey Mouse became their new pimp.

No other conference or team or conference  uses this pathetic pre-programmed device except SEC, and no media barking rectums have called them out for it. 

Edited by El Squared

9 hours ago, OU Sucks said:

Check out how many excuses were mentioned here:

https://collegefootballnews.com/2019/01/texas-28-georgia-21-5-thoughts-on-the-sugar-bowl

"This was nowhere near the same Georgia team from the regular season."

"Texas wanted it more."

"Georgia got its heart ripped out by Alabama."

"Texas needed and wanted this game to help take the program to another level."

"Georgia is already at a level where the College Football Playoff national championship was all that mattered – once you’ve been that close, a game like this doesn’t matter as much."

"Georgia didn’t really show up, but it’s more like human nature to not be able to get that jacked up once you’ve seen the mountain top."

"Yeah, Georgia didn’t really show up, and this wasn’t the same team from the regular season, but give Texas all the credit in the world on this count – the Longhorn defensive front destroyed the Bulldog offensive line."

"Tom Herman had his team jacked up and ready to go for the Bulldogs, and they were the better team – at least on this night."

"So what if Georgia wasn’t quite as focused or interested as it needed to be? Texas did its job."

UGA ran out of gas!
They got a flat tire!
They didn’t have change for cab fare!
Kirby lost his visor at the cleaners!
Fromm locked his keys in the car!
An old friend came in from out of town!
Someone stole the team bus!
There was an earthquake! A terrible flood! Locusts!
It wasn't UGA's fault, I SWEAR TO GOD!
*cries* *looks up*

Edited by Disco Missile
  • Like 5

On 1/5/2019 at 6:37 PM, SDG said:

No matter how motivated they were; they were losing this game.  Fuck their excuses, Texas came to play.  

God I love this.  

Old mantra - "Weather the Storm."

Herman's Mantra here - "From the first play, let 'em know what they've signed up for!"

THAT's the kinda shit I'm talkin' about!!!

• Like 3

45 minutes ago, Disco Missile said:

UGA ran out of gas!
They got a flat tire!
They didn’t have change for cab fare!
Kirby lost his visor at the cleaners!
Fromm locked his keys in the car!
An old friend came in from out of town!
Someone stole the team bus!
There was an earthquake! A terrible flood! Locusts!
It wasn't UGA's fault, I SWEAR TO GOD!
*cries* *looks up*

giphy.gif

Edited by Cajun
We talkin' Jake Fromm, amirite?

1 hour ago, Cajun said:

God I love this.  

Old mantra - "Weather the Storm."

Herman's Mantra here - "From the first play, let 'em know what they've signed up for!"

THAT's the kinda shit I'm talkin' about!!!

In the latest All-Access, they also show Beck speaking to the team (or at least the offense).  The gist was something like:

We want you to go out and play hard, play aggressive.  Notice I didn't say play perfect.  If you block the wrong guy, put him on his ass.

• Like 2

Maybe Georgia really didn’t opt in for the game.  You’re supposed to get consent before an ass fucking like the one we put on ‘em...but at an SEC school, it’s just a typical party 

On 1/5/2019 at 9:56 PM, Gaffords said:

...just got to know...Tupac?

Was he the OC/dc or what?