2019 Tampa Bay Rays Thread

Fawesome

i'm one of two people (shouts out gandork) who've won this league twice, but i'm also probably the only one to get dead last twice. my loose-aggressive style leaves little room for mediocrity. this year i've dropped DJ LeMehuieu, and traded away Charlie Blackmon, Ketel Marte, Josh Hader, and plenty of others in the name of playing it fast and loose. you win some and you lose some. this year's verdict is still out, but i have some catching up to do. but one thing remains certain: i am going to lap the league in trades, because i'm derka fucking derka and that's how i gets down. 

5 minutes ago, Goo Punch said:

do most of us live in Texas? I know that hg doesn't, but he's shaggy elite so that doesn't matter. why don't we all meet up for an Astros game this summer? seems silly not to have done that by now.

I'm in Dallas. But I'd be down for an Astros game if people want to get together and watch boring baseball in Houston. 

On 6/20/2019 at 1:26 AM, Goo Punch said:

do most of us live in Texas? I know that hg doesn't, but he's shaggy elite so that doesn't matter. why don't we all meet up for an Astros game this summer? seems silly not to have done that by now.

I'm down.  I'm literally like 1000 feet from MMP.  

1 hour ago, Goo Punch said:

i drafted DJ LeMehieu (was supposed to be a utility fill-in guy before all of the NYY injuries) and i dropped him because I have Moose. moral of the story:

LeMahieu was never going to be a fill-in guy on the roster. He was going to play everyday beca8se there was no Didi and Tulo is a walking injury. I thought before the season started that he was the biggest addition to the roster, by far. He makes the whole thing go batting leadoff.

The guy can flat out hit (big shocker there) and his defense has been great (again no surprise) wherever they have had to put him. A lot of guys have issues adjusting to playing for the Yanks, but he produced right away and fit in perfectly. He is definitely outplaying his contract and should be an All-Star.

Derka, I think you've alerted the baseball gods into having some fun at your expense with your recent chatter about LeMahieu.

8/10, 4 R, 2 HR, 3 RBI, .800, 2.433 slash line against you this week.

Any chance you also dropped Lourdes Gurriel?  He's having an even better week so far.    (Edit:  Only HG.)

We all probably have players like this.  Mine this season is Austin Meadows.  Ouch.

it's 4 pm on wednesday and your team is currently 11/20 with 7 runs, 5 HR, 11 RBI, .550 avg, 2.041 OPS. every week the team i play against does this. if our league kept track of the stats that have been accrued against you, i'm certain i would lead the league or be near the top in every offensive category save steals. everyone just crushes the ball when they play me. 

4 minutes ago, Goo Punch said:

it's 4 pm on wednesday and your team is currently 11/20 with 7 runs, 5 HR, 11 RBI, .550 avg, 2.041 OPS. every week the team i play against does this. if our league kept track of the stats that have been accrued against you, i'm certain i would lead the league or be near the top in every offensive category save steals. everyone just crushes the ball when they play me. 

I was up 7-4-1 at 6pm on Sunday and lost bad and then Pete B emailed me. It happens. 

3 hours ago, Planet Houston said:

Derka, I think you've alerted the baseball gods into having some fun at your expense with your recent chatter about LeMahieu.

8/10, 4 R, 2 HR, 3 RBI, .800, 2.433 slash line against you this week.

Any chance you also dropped Lourdes Gurriel?  He's having an even better week so far.    (Edit:  Only HG.)

We all probably have players like this.  Mine this season is Austin Meadows.  Ouch.

when altuve came back, i had a tough decision to make.  lourdes was solid while i needed him, and yes, i've been watching him ever since.

6 hours ago, Goo Punch said:

Now tell everyone how awesome my pitching has been. 

2 minutes ago, Planet Houston said:

Now tell everyone how awesome my pitching has been. 

lol jesus christ, i actually just saw it about an hour ago. i hadn't even been looking at your pitching the last two days because i wanted to off myself while looking at your offense. yeah, wow. i don't think a team can be more bipolar than yours is right now. it's like your entire lineup has been going against all of your pitchers. crazy shit.

6 minutes ago, NOMAAA said:

every year someone forgets about the monster second half that carp always puts up and trades him away.  hell i think i flat out dropped him once.  good for whoever got him.

veto.

Im not sure if that trade is serious.