2019 Texas Softball - Connie's overboard, Anchors Aweigh!

TrashMaster G

1 minute ago, Pato del Muerto said:

Nicely done, girls. 

Oleary or bollinger tomorrow?  They just got a good long look at Shea. 

Give it to BB. She’s earned it I think.  If Elish can pitch an inning or two, it’s all ladies on deck for this one. 

Edited by Js1

2 minutes ago, spystud13 said:

Damn, that seems hard to believe. 

Supers have only been around since 07. Texas hosted in 12/13. Our appearances pre-2013 were all before they existed. 

Edited by Js1

In the first 10 SR games, home teams are 8-2. Only Texas tonight and OSU last night have road wins.  Going to be a monstrous task but hopefully Bama is a little deflated and Texas is now inspired and confident. 

1 minute ago, Js1 said:

In the first 10 SR games, home teams are 8-2. Only Texas tonight and OSU last night have road wins.  Going to be a monstrous task but hopefully Bama is a little deflated and Texas is now inspired and confident. 

If we can distract fatty with hamburgers, we have a chance.

• Like 1

Incredible grit shown by the team tonight.  They seemed to play loose after the Elish injury.  Looked like the seventh inning of the Houston game last Sunday.  Ts&Ps for Elish and family.  Hopefully that wasn't as bad as it looked.  

I was watching the replay of Miranda Elish injury. It looked like she was lost before she got hit in the face.

Did she not have awareness that the catcher might throw to 2nd to force a double play? I would have expected her to duck or run out of the way to avoid the catcher's throw.

1 minute ago, UDontKnow said:

I was watching the replay of Miranda Elish injury. It looked like she was lost before she got hit in the face.

Did she not have awareness that the catcher might throw to 2nd to force a double play? I would have expected her to duck or run out of the way to avoid the catcher's throw.

Or she knew it was a dead ball and the runner couldn't advance, so she wasn't expecting the throw.

4 minutes ago, UDontKnow said:

Elish was confused by umpire.... He called batter out for stepping out of the box.  It was then a dead ball, so runner could not advance.

It's a shame Mary didn't hear the Umpire..... no need for the throw.

Edited by LTtxfan

3 minutes ago, Cairn Horn88 said:

Bama came in tonight relaxed thinking they’d just blow us out.  We showed our big Texas Heart and played for Elish.  You can do it ladies.

To be fair it was 4-0 at one point. Whatever motivates them, I’m ok with. 

3 minutes ago, Js1 said:

To be fair it was 4-0 at one point. Whatever motivates them, I’m ok with. 

I hope it doesn't require another SP getting booshed in the face with a ball...or any other injury for that matter.

Hopes for a different home plate umpire tomorrow. You know one that aggressively stops play if the batter is out. Jus' sayin'.

4 minutes ago, Cairn Horn88 said:

Bama came in tonight relaxed thinking they’d just blow us out.  We showed our big Texas Heart and played for Elish.  You can do it ladies.

I think Bama relaxed after Elish got hurt...

Texas was then like a wounded Rocky Balboa.... No quit in those LadyHorns!!

giphy.gif

Elish Ruled Out For Saturday's Game 3 vs Bama

Texas pitcher 'doing well' after being hit in face

12:42 AM CT

Matt Eisenberg

Texas pitcher Miranda Elish, who was helped off the field in the second inning of Friday's NCAA softball super regional game against host Alabama in Tuscaloosa after taking a throw to the face, is "doing well," according to Texas sports information director Brian Davis.

With a runner on first, Alabama's Elissa Brown bunted Elish's pitch off of home plate. Catcher Mary Iakopo grabbed the ball with her bare hand and was already in motion to throw the ball to second base as the umpire called the ball dead and ruled Brown out for her foot being out of the batter's box. Iakopo's throw struck Elish in the face from close range, and the pitcher fell to the ground.

Athletic trainers and medical personnel tended to Elish in the pitcher's circle. She was helped off the field toward the clubhouse to a standing ovation from the Tuscaloosa crowd.  Elish, who transferred from Oregon, was taken to a local hospital emergency room as a precaution.

Texas coach Mike White told ESPN between the third and the fourth innings that Elish "is hurting a little but in good spirits." However, White also said Elish would not be available for Saturday's decisive Game 3, according to WVUA 23.

Shealyn O'Leary replaced Elish, who had pitched every inning of Texas' four elimination games in the regionals, as the Longhorns rallied from a 4-0 deficit to win 7-5 and extend their season.  Iakopo hit a three-run home run in the bottom of the third inning to start the Longhorns' rally. In a 4-4 game in the fourth inning, she drove in two runs when her bases-loaded grounder was thrown away.

Edited by LTtxfan

Ok Brooke you got this. 

Also 3 seems to be a magic number. 4 game 1 scores ended 3-0 and another was 3-1. 

Today’s sked:

11am OSU FSU (winner moves on)

1pm Texas Bama (winner moves on)

3pm Northwestern OU (OU 1-0)

5pm Tenn Florida (UF 1-0) and LSU Minny (Minny 1-0)

6pm Ole Miss Arizona (Arizona 1-0)

7pm James Madison UCLA (UCLA 1-0)

9pm Kentucky Washington (UW 1-0) 

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Catpfish said:
9 hours ago, spystud13 said:
Ha, all 6 unearned. 

How was that possible with a lead of home run to start the fourth?

5/7 runs were earned according to the box score. Stupid comment by the A-team

21 minutes ago, Js1 said:

Ok Brooke you got this. 

Also 3 seems to be a magic number. 4 game 1 scores ended 3-0 and another was 3-1. 

Today’s sked:

11am OSU FSU (winner moves on)

1pm Texas Bama (winner moves on)

3pm Northwestern OU (OU 1-0)

5pm Tenn Florida (UF 1-0) and LSU Minny (Minny 1-0)

6pm Ole Miss Arizona (Arizona 1-0)

7pm James Madison UCLA (UCLA 1-0)

9pm Kentucky Washington (UW 1-0) 

I don’t get why espn wouldn’t want the game 3s in prime time.