2019 Texas Softball - Connie's overboard, Anchors Aweigh!

TrashMaster G

This link quotes coach as saying the ball got Miranda on the cheek, which would be easier to break than if it had got her on the forehead.

https://www.hookem.com/2019/05/24/miranda-elish-doing-well-after-scary-moment/?utm_source=SND&utm_medium=Facebook&utm_campaign=bevobeat&fbclid=IwAR35j7dsZZATDCyNoqgnqFV-N2PY5C8DTuBqtLhlT3ZRZ9Hf2TmNgT2N54E

2 hours ago, Js1 said:

Btw I think Shea and Brooke are well suited for this matchup. Alabama struggled with offspeed and both have good change ups. Elish doesn’t really throw one 

MK Tedder's HR was HUGE -- really got the offense going!!!

She crushed that ball... 🤘

19 minutes ago, Pato del Muerto said:

I wonder if Mike’s been hit by line drives before. He’s been pitching for like 40 years, something must have gotten him at some point. 

If you are a pitcher in a fast-ball game, then you have been hit by a line-drive.  Part of the game.

1 minute ago, rvm96 said:

On the Florida St. vs. Oklahoma St. broadcast one of the announcers just said Miranda will have tests done in Austin for possible problems with her sinuses. 

Doctors for Miranda, careful with the pain killers... 🙏

Just now, UDontKnow said:

I just tuned in. She was at 2nd...seemed like she forced the issue when everyone was safe bases loaded.

2 outs with your best base runner, you always force them to make the perfect play. She got her hand in but bang-bang play, all close plays are going to home team this series.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Goodman said:

2 outs with your best base runner, you always force them to make the perfect play. She got her hand in but bang-bang play, all close plays are going to home team this series.

This is correct. More often than not, that throw and tag isn’t perfect 

Edited by Js1

6 minutes ago, Goodman said:

Bang-bang but that tag on shoulder, she was safe.

Probably tough for umpire to call that close of a play safe in BamaLand...

Yeah... I was wrong but live look appeared out to my bad recliner eyes 😄

Edited by LTtxfan